Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2018 11:47:07 PM EDT
does anybody have any suggestions for an online source for a straight pistol length AR15 gas tube. I have found carbine and rifle lengh, but no pistol length.

I am trying to put an adjustable gas block on a 0.875 barrel for a 300BLK build. The normal curved tubes miss the port to enter the upper by about 1.5-2mm. I can push the tube to fit into the port, but it's at the wrong angle to engage and seat into the gas key. a straight tube should run right in perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
does anybody have any suggestions for an online source for a straight pistol length AR15 gas tube. I have found carbine and rifle lengh, but no pistol length.

I am trying to put an adjustable gas block on a 0.875 barrel for a 300BLK build. The normal curved tubes miss the port to enter the upper by about 1.5-2mm. I can push the tube to fit into the port, but it's at the wrong angle to engage and seat into the gas key. a straight tube should run right in perfectly.
View Quote
Get a straight carbine length, cut muzzle end to desired length with quality brake line cutter, insert into inexpensive gas block that has been cut in half along the axis of the barrel to use as a jig. Drill pin hole 1st, pin, then drill gas port hole. Unpin, clean any burrs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would do like mentioned below. trim to fit.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top