Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 8:32:54 PM EDT
I've tried looking around without much success. So I thought I'd ask the experts here.

I'm looking for a 30mm scope mount, one piece - whose center-of-scope to top-of-rail height is less than 1.5" to mount a 1-4x scope.

1.5" is the most common out there by far, practically the standard. However, my cheek-weld works best with just slightly lower base. I currently use a rail riser + ring combo to get the height I want, but it isn't the cleanest, lightest or most robust solution and I'm looking for better.

1.35"  (1 - 3/8 ) give or take a little bit is perfect. 1.25" is too low.

I found Nightforce mount, but $255 is a bit steep for a mount. I don't spending $100 or more, but $255 is excessive.

What is out there that I might have missed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
DNZ Freedom Reaper from WOA is popular amongst Service Rifle shooters.

PRI
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Leupold's Mark II is 1.40". Close to ideal IMO.

Many riser mounts (with and without MOA built in) allow you to use low rings in combination with them to get the height you want.

Most manfacturer's have their scope mount centerline data available online. If not, they'll respond to a customer service email if you have a question.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm having the same issue using a collapsible stock. I need a cheek weld not an upper jaw bone weld. I'm thinking I'm going to experiment with a riser and different height rings to get what I want. I have MI qd mounts on my rifles with the PRS stock because it's adjustable for comb height.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Larue LT158 is 1.44".

ADM also has some lower mounts:
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top