Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2020 3:27:23 PM EDT
Have a  m300 and a arisaka malkoff m300. The malkoff is decent enough but the surefire is definitely way better for indoors.  The malkoff has more of a beam while surefire more of a spread both good lights either way.

I'm setting up a 14.5 and want it to be more for medium range but close quarters and long stuff will be used as well. Would I be better off with a m600 and if so what are some suggestions and your guy's experience with different set ups.

I love the m300 size and indoor brightness but might change it up for a outside night time set up basically.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you quantify your distances? For example, medium range where I live is 500 - 1000 yards. Most lights aren't going to do shit that far out.

Here's some videos I've watched:

P&S and InRangeTV Present: Weaponlight Comparison 2019

Surefire M600DF 1,500 Lumen Scout Vs. M600U 1,000 Lumen Scout: Best AR Light?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Modlite is king right now. Being able to throw a beam past 200.

Surefire DF is a distant second with much more spill.

Either way if you can justify over 500 on a light setup. Meaning ds00 tailcap, sf 07 tapeswitch, off set arisaka light mount. Then modlite is where it's at. Okw & plh

If not go SF DF. Its plenty bright for close range and again, much more spill. Check out gunsngear on youtube for a comparison
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Modlite is king right now. Being able to throw a beam past 200.

Surefire DF is a distant second with much more spill.

Either way if you can justify over 500 on a light setup. Meaning ds00 tailcap, sf 07 tapeswitch, off set arisaka light mount. Then modlite is where it's at. Okw & plh

If not go SF DF. Its plenty bright for close range and again, much more spill. Check out gunsngear on youtube for a comparison
View Quote
Where distance is needed Cloud OWL >>>>>>>>>> M600DF
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#4]
If your on the scout platform already the modlite OKW for throw, modlite PLH for more spread out general purpose beam. If you love the m300 compact size, you can opt for modlites 18350 body over the 18650 body and get every bit of output out of the light in either model with about half the run time. Using all the scout mounts, tail caps and switches. As king_mud said, second place would have to go to cloud for their all in one unit that doesn’t need any extra accessories. Then the m600df would come in third.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If your on the scout platform already the modlite OKW for throw, modlite PLH for more spread out general purpose beam. If you love the m300 compact size, you can opt for modlites 18350 body over the 18650 body and get every bit of output out of the light in either model with about half the run time. Using all the scout mounts, tail caps and switches. As king_mud said, second place would have to go to cloud for their all in one unit that doesn’t need any extra accessories. Then the m600df would come in third.
View Quote
If you're really wanting something tailored to your carbine Valhalla Tactical's Baldr is an option too.

https://www.valhallatactical.com/components/mounts.html
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Great info fellas makes it simple for me. I'm not sure yet on what to get as there are so many variables to take into mind.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're really wanting something tailored to your carbine Valhalla Tactical's Baldr is an option too.

https://www.valhallatactical.com/components/mounts.html
View Quote
Very cool, I have not seen that one.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to say I disagree. The higher output ModLite, they are superior over Surefire in the throw category.
However, (I put the M600DF in the same category) using the SF current and previous designed remote tailcap and switch, is it capable of handling the up-step in mah current draw? Has it been tested? Not to my knowledge.
Maybe someone with the tools can do some testing?

SF may be needing to upgrade their TC and remote switch(s) for better performance.
I could be wrong, but I feel some testing is necessary so we don't assume.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top