Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 7:54:56 PM EDT
I’m picking up an AR pistol in 5.56 for HD.  I am trying to remain open minded, and many knowledgeable folks have said it out performs a handgun 9mm round... so, it makes perfect sense to me, and rationalizes the purchase.  

To fit my expectations of HD, I need quick access to it in the middle of the night. I have a large heavy floor safe in my basement, AND a quick access pistol safe near where I sleep.  I can not make room for a floor safe in my bedroom area (wife would KILL me). I also don’t have hundreds to spend on some fancy custom wall cabinet that fits the AR pistol perfectly.  There’s got to be some wall mounted lockable bracket of some kind, right?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into IC13 locks. They have a variety of minimal wall mounting options, like a lock that simply wraps around the buffer tube
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Well after you figure out the solution. You best invest in a suppressor if it's a HD gun.

I do like IC13 solutions.

Just throwing this out there if you don't want to invest in a can. A 20" rifle is still going to be very concussive and loud as hell, hearing damage will still be incurred, but nothing like a AR pistol. So if it's viable like you're not in a tiny apartment, I'd go with a light weight 20" AR.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
https://arma15.com/

AR15 Quick Access Rifle Mount & Lock. Got Ar-15? ARmA15

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well after you figure out the solution. You best invest in a suppressor if it's a HD gun.

Just throwing this out there if you don't want to invest in a can. A 20" rifle is still going to be very concussive and loud as hell, hearing damage will still be incurred, but nothing like a AR pistol. So if it's viable like you're not in a tiny apartment, I'd go with a light weight 20" AR.
View Quote

TBH, a can is gonna be $1000, and is outside my budget at the moment.  In a RL HD encounter, I know auditory exclusion will minimize the perceived sounds.  

Given an influx of funds, I’ll work on a suppressor

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

TBH, a can is gonna be $1000, and is outside my budget at the moment.  In a RL HD encounter, I know auditory exclusion will minimize the perceived sounds.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Auditory exclusion won't do crap to stop the muzzle flash or hearing damage. That said solid alternatives are ammo with flash suppressant powder + a very good flash hider (YHM Phantom) and good electronic ear pro go a loooong way, and electronic ear muffs are quick to throw on and something you don't have to worry about leaving on the bed stand, and can put on in 2 seconds. Still the concussion will be pretty intense, especially for sub 14.5" barrels. You might try to find a location you can fire it in a very enclosed space that simulates say a hallway to get an idea of just how bad it is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You light off a 10.5 AR in an enclosed space without ear pro, you are going to Auditory exclude stuff the rest of your days....
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]

That would be nice if they made one that holds the rifle in the vertical position.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That would be nice if they made one that holds the rifle in the vertical position.
View Quote

The spec sheet indicates you can mount vertically :)
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]

I just ordered this, but it’s back ordered, won’t ship until after July 27.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:51:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Worth the wait. Just got mine last month.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#11]
The Piece Keeper

Edit: Realized late that this was for rifles.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top