Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2018 10:18:42 PM EDT
Good evening - I just bought a Colt M4 LE Restricted roll mark carbine with a fixed carry handle .  What's confusing me (doesn't take much anymore) is that it has the M4 profile barrel. Serial # is  LE 00XXXX. I can't find any info Colt carbines with LE roll mark, fixed handle, and M4 barrel. Sorry no photos. It looks exactly like a 6520 but with the M4 barrel. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
LE marked with an M4 profile barrel sounds like an LE6920 to me. Is that what you're trying to figure out?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This might help...

https://www.colt.com/serial-lookup
View Quote
SN is not in the data base - LE00xxxx
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fixed carry handle, A2.

CDNN was selling these, IIRC? Nope, different.

Yours may not be all original. Barrel swaps may have been the case??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LE marked with an M4 profile barrel sounds like an LE6920 to me. Is that what you're trying to figure out?
Fixed carry handle, A2.

CDNN was selling these, IIRC? Nope, different.

Yours may not be all original. Barrel swaps may have been the case??
Ahh. Sounds like an RO727, whatever the commercial equivalent is +LE.

Might not be a factory config. But could be
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good evening - I just bought a Colt M4 LE Restricted roll mark carbine with a fixed carry handle .  What's confusing me (doesn't take much anymore) is that it has the M4 profile barrel. Serial # is  LE 00XXXX. I can't find any info Colt carbines with LE roll mark, fixed handle, and M4 barrel. Sorry no photos. It looks exactly like a 6520 but with the M4 barrel. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks
View Quote
I am not aware of any Colt with a M4 Carbine LE marked lower built in that configuration. These lowers usually had a flat-top M4 type upper with a 16" barrel w/ M203 cuts attached to them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
We need pics.  Sounds sweet.  You should go over to the A2 forum and post in there about it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
For SNs not found on their look-up page, they can normally look it up at Tel: 800-962-COLT (2658) *Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm EST

I've gone the phone route a few times.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We need pics.  Sounds sweet.  You should go over to the A2 forum and post in there about it.
View Quote
Will try to get some photos up later.  Again, its a LE00xxxx serial #, law enforcement restricted roll mark,  fixed carry handle, and a M4 profile barrel with the M203 cuts. Thanks for all the replies.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will try to get some photos up later.  Again, its a LE00xxxx serial #, law enforcement restricted roll mark,  fixed carry handle, and a M4 profile barrel with the M203 cuts. Thanks for all the replies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like its actually an M4A1 profile barrel if you're seeing M203 flats milled under the handguard?

If so that's actually SOCOM/M4A1 profile.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe this will help

, " />

," />

," />
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup its literally a 16" version of a Colt RO727. But on a semi lower. Yeah I'm not sure if they sold that as a factory config or not, but it is very possible.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top