Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2018 6:13:47 AM EDT
Is there any reasonably priced linked 5.56 ammo on the market? Can't seem to find much at all
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is there any reasonably priced linked 5.56 ammo on the market? Can't seem to find much at all
View Quote
basically no

I shoot 15K+ a year in linked 556, your best bet is to link it yourself by hand. It loads easily and after the 2-3rd time, the links get smoother.

You can also wax the links with spray way or hornady one shot. Dont use a lanolin based lube (dillion)

I usually have 10K+ linked at any one time
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
What do you consider reasonable?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I shoot 15K+ a year in linked 556,
View Quote
How long does a barrel last you? And who sells M249 barrels?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How long does a barrel last you? And who sells M249 barrels?
View Quote
not long when you do belt dumps, but if you change them out and keep them cool they last a long time.

I just threw out two barrels that were splitting case necks the chamber was so bad, took 4 years but the rifling was shot w/n a year (keyholing)

I shoot a hk23, so the new barrels are made by rcm, AFA 249 barrels you can get them from FN, or on any of the MG boards
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw a YouTube clip. Wow! That launches brass into orbit!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 2:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Are those two sites good to go? I’ve never heard of either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#8]
You need kids. I have a friend who runs a lot of linked .223. He said you end up doing it yourself. There has never been a lot of demand for linked .223
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can also wax the links with spray way or hornady one shot. Dont use a lanolin based lube (dillion)
View Quote
I use One Shot case lube and it makes it much, much easier to link by hand.

Sold in 5 or 10 oz aerosol cans.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000599913/one-shot-10-oz-case-lube-spray
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top