User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 127
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hfrog355:

You're just going to have to get lucky looking for a specific length.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/BCM-KMR-10-original-Magnesium-version-with-Arisaka-Scout-Mount-and-more/159-1850208/
View Quote
Thanks. Saw that one. I’ve got a 10 and 13 currently. Have either of those up for trade for a 9 in the EE. Hopefully I get a taker.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JerDerv:

Dark hour defense. It’s a sister company to V7.
View Quote
Those look good and reasonably priced. Kind of wish the mlok was on 7 sides though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I ordered the sand cut aluminum carrier from dsa. Significant weight savings!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By pscot468:
Well I ordered the sand cut aluminum carrier from dsa. Significant weight savings!!!
View Quote
Nice! I have had that tab open in my browser since yesterday. I would have ordered it by now if I had not already blown my gun budget for a while.

Please let us know what you think after you get some shots through it. If I’m not mistaken, that is literally the lightest off the shelf bcg you can buy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:35:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#5]

Nice! I have had that tab open in my browser since yesterday. I would have ordered it by now if I had not already blown my gun budget for a while.

Please let us know what you think after you get some shots through it. If I’m not mistaken, that is literally the lightest off the shelf bcg you can buy.
View Quote
You aren't mistaken. It has dethroned the jp and by almost half an oz! Did you get my message? Anarchy knockoffs aren't available anymore.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#6]

You aren't mistaken. It has dethroned the jp and by almost half an oz! Did you get my message? Anarchy knockoffs aren't available anymore.
View Quote
Makes me really want one now hahaha

Yah their price is fair anyways.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually the guy selling the titanium muzzle brake on eBay got bought out by Anarchy Outdoors, so same 35 hole brake just better place to sell as eBay is still Anti Gun.

I have my first one from eBay several years ago, then next 4 or 5 from Anarchy Outdoors, all identical except you can get it in black now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By breastroker:
Actually the guy selling the titanium muzzle brake on eBay got bought out by Anarchy Outdoors, so same 35 hole brake just better place to sell as eBay is still Anti Gun.

I have my first one from eBay several years ago, then next 4 or 5 from Anarchy Outdoors, all identical except you can get it in black now.
View Quote
I'm sure the black cerakote will add weight, lol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Lightweight crew gets first dibs, see anything you want, PM me!

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#10]
So tempted to try one of those midlength 11.5" Faxon barrels.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Started my PSA KS-47 build. Still have a lot of parts to buy for the upper but waiting to sell some stuff first. Lower is nearly complete though. I want to lighten up the mag catch. Test for reliability with a bobbed hammer, and buy a Vseven safety. I’ll do a detailed parts list with weights once it’s finished but here it is as of now.

The factory upper weights 4 and a half pounds!
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Started my PSA KS-47 build. Still have a lot of parts to buy for the upper but waiting to sell some stuff first. Lower is nearly complete though. I want to lighten up the mag catch. Test for reliability with a bobbed hammer, and buy a Vseven safety. I’ll do a detailed parts list with weights once it’s finished but here it is as of now.

https://i.imgur.com/NYjnZ1n.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sUmsoGa.jpg

The factory upper weights 4 and a half pounds!
https://i.imgur.com/qBvd4ku.jpg
View Quote
Wow..nice!

Rules:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What mount is that?

I noticed magpul changed their grip molds where the grip meets the lower. I wonder what the new gen3 K grip weighs?
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#14]
What's the difference between the PSA KS-47 and an AR15 in 7.62x39?

I am rebuilding my 7.62x39 for the third time, shoots pretty good considering the cheap steel ammo.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#15]
What's the difference between the PSA KS-47 and an AR15 in 7.62x39?

I am rebuilding my 7.62x39 for the third time, shoots pretty good considering the cheap steel ammo.
View Quote
The KS-47 is designed around utilizing the AK47 magazine. The upper, lower, and carrier are proprietary in order to fit the AK mags. All other components are standard ar15/ar47
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 2:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#16]
What mount is that?
View Quote
@JerDerv If that was directed at me, it is a Samson lower 1/3rd QD mount...found here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Well the dsa sand cut aluminum bolt carrier is significantly lighter than the jp aluminum.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Well the dsa sand cut aluminum bolt carrier is significantly lighter than the jp aluminum.
View Quote
Let us know how it shoots!
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
the JP has great long term reviews for durability

what are the differences between materials and construction vs the DSA aluminum?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm putting a rca adjustable gas key on it so I'm sure it'll be great. It's the same materials, 7075 aluminum just less of it! Thing feels like a toy... The bolt sleeve where the gas rings scrape seems looser than the jp (I'm using a jp precision ground gas ring) but it's not so loose that it won't work. Probably... If it is I'll just order some ion bonded gas rings. I really like it and it's a great value to boot! Especially compared to jp or whiskey aluminum carriers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 11:54:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#21]
SOB, some ahole deleted all the user data from the contribution page. Pisses me off, because I hadn't been able to get around to adding all of it to the actual PWD sheets yet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#22]
PWD has been restored.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
PWD has been restored.
View Quote
I saw that. Probably won’t be the last time someone does that unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#24]
So Daniel defense is sending me 2 of their skeletonized polymer port doors for free.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#25]
And we have a new champ. 5 grams for the Daniel defense port door/dust cover. I put 2 on the scale together and it came to 10 grams. For any of you new guys putting 2 of an item on a lower precision scale can give you a better idea of the exact weight. For example if I put 1 of my Titanium bolt catch detents on the scale and it says one gram but I put 2 of them on the scale together and it says 3 grams I know I'm closer to 1.5 grams than 1 gram. Half a gram is all the precision I need in a scale! Anybody want a hk416 polymer door or this spare dd door? Just pay me shipping.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Dibs on the hk416 door
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#27]
Dibs on the hk416 door
View Quote
Dibs have been called!!! I'm waiting on another blackthorne upper before I take my lightweight apart, I'll I'm you when email you ready to ship. $10 will cover it. I modified my previous blackthorne upper to work with a strike industries phantom charging handle but now that I'm using a triangle charging handle with a sintercore latchless retrofit kit I don't need the modification.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I guess the hera is still the champ since it comes with a plastic rod/pin. Unfortunately the hera won't work with the polymer blackthorne upper. Nothing with an adjustable detent will.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Just looking at the New Frontier website and see that they now have a 'carbon fiber' lower much like Tegra, looking at the pictures it's almost the same except has their imprint on the side instead.  Wonder if it is just a branded version of the Tegra.  Anyone else notice this?

LW-4 Stripped Carbon Fiber Lower
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By j_cobbers:
Just looking at the New Frontier website and see that they now have a 'carbon fiber' lower much like Tegra, looking at the pictures it's almost the same except has their imprint on the side instead.  Wonder if it is just a branded version of the Tegra.  Anyone else notice this?

LW-4 Stripped Carbon Fiber Lower
View Quote
It is. They bought tegra.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#31]
He's right, last visit to New Frontier they stated the lowers were Tegra
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Alright, I'm pleased to report that the Daniel defense port door works perfectly with the blackthorne upper.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 8:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JerDerv] [#33]
My KS47 is nearing completion, one of the things that was bugging me was the over size chunk of steel for a mag catch so I pulled that out today and cut the wings off of it. .34oz lighter. As it sits right now the rifle with red dot weighs 5lbs 8.3oz. The bcg is still 11oz and I hope to get that on the mill next week to bring it down around 9.7-10oz.

On a side note the sharps bros 13.7” handguard weighs what the manufacture claims. 9.1 for the handguard 1.3 for the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I really like my ks-47. I put a green mountain chrome lined barrel on it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Milled the bolt carrier today. Got the BCG down to 9.4oz. Super happy about that. This project is like 99.5% done now. Trying to somehow justify a V Seven safety selector. Going to the range Monday to test functionality and decide on what size gas block insert to run. After that is done i can lock down the gas block and torque the flash hider down and its all done.

Under 7lbs with a full 30 round mag of steel cased 122grain 7.62x39

Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:10:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#36]
Holy crap guys, after my latest round of upgrades my 556 rifle is 2.6 lbs :O that's with a magnesium keymod handguard with sling and bipod mount, port door, forward assist, optic, etc. I didn't even think I had gotten under 3 lbs... I just need a hesse upper now!!! 😀
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Breaststroker does that make me the world champion right at this very moment??? 😂 I think that dsa sand cut aluminum carrier did it. That thing is silly light.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 4:44:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: breastroker] [#38]
Close but no Cigar. With the titanium pistol grip I am @ 2.48 pounds.

Still I think we may be the only 2 people under 3 pounds.

Do you realize how much your 556 weighs compared to the heavy Ruger 10-22 takedown?

Firepower comparison 22LR vs. 556

10 rounds vs 30 or 40 rounds
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#39]
Close but no Cigar. With the titanium pistol grip I am @ 2.48 pounds.

Still I think we may be the only 2 people under 3 pounds.

Do you realize how much your 556 weighs compared to the heavy Ruger 10-22 takedown?

Firepower comparison 22LR vs. 556

10 rounds vs 30 or 40 rounds
View Quote
Wow, that's incredible!!! Under 2.5... did you get a sand cut aluminum bolt carrier from dsa yet? Lol this is getting stupid, next thing you know our rifles will weigh less than Glocks!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#40]
have you shot it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#41]
have you shot it?
View Quote
I have, and it doesn't terrify me at all! 😂😂😂 Well.. Maybe a little!!! The recoil isn't too bad, I'm using a mid length pencil barrel, 300 blk subsonic spring from Nemo, and rca adjustable gas key.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 10:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptainKudva] [#42]
Thats three, lets see them on the scale.

used and abused.

Link Posted: 3/31/2019 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By CaptainKudva:

Thats three, lets see them on the scale.

used and abused.

https://i.imgur.com/90wdj6D.jpg
View Quote
That's great!!! I'll be sure to get a picture of my 2.6 lb 556 and 4.2 lb 308 on the scale later today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's my lightweight build currently.
Faxon 10.5" .625 barrel
DSA Titanium short flash hider
V7 Titanium gas block
MI Handguard
Fostec Magnesium upper
New Frontier lower (probably going to swap this out for a magtec Magnesium lower)
Brownells lightweight BCG
Standard nickle plated charging handle
V7 aluminum forward assist
V7 Titanium endplate and castle nut
pistol buffer tube
KAK blade brace
standard 4oz buffer
Sig Romeo 3 optic
2a Titanium takedown pins
V7 Titanium magazine catch
Aluminum air weight dust cover
milspec trigger group
Titanium buffer retainer
Any advice where I might shave off more weight?

4.25lb currently

Link Posted: 3/31/2019 2:12:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#45]
That handguard is heavy, try a magnesium one from dark hour or v7. Maybe a triangle charging handle? A hogue 15 degree grip is pretty light too, and cheap! Of course the lightest grips are 3d printed titanium. Iron City bolt carriers (FA) and jp (SA) are the lightest steel bolt carriers you can get, you can always try a ds arms aluminum carrier.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 2:35:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: breastroker] [#46]
Throw an adjustable carrier key on the carrier, then take the weights out of the buffer. Most of us use either a TACCOM polymer buffer @ 1 ounce or the weight free buffer @ 1 ounce.

Get rid of the heavy pistol grip and buy a Hogue 15 degree grip, @ 1.5 ounces only $20.

A milspec trigger group is HEAVY, the lightest steel is the Hiperfire EDT, saving between 1 and 1.5 ounces. A lot of us use the New Frontier polymer trigger group
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 4:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#47]
Bah!!! Humbug!!! I lied about my weights. Here are the pics on the scale. I was weighing myself and then myself and the rifles on the bathroom scale and I guess my brain wasn't up for doing math that morning 🙄 I'm ashamed of myself 😂 that's grams btw, 2047 g for the 308, 1412 for the 556.

Link Posted: 3/31/2019 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Good idea!!! So pursuitss, how come you haven't showed us what you did with that Hesse upper??? ;)
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PursuitSS] [#50]
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top