User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 127
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#1]
@jekbrown

Was looking for the weight of some Geissele rails and noticed that Geissele is misspelled throughout the document.

If someone could do the Google Drive version of Find+Replace for Geisselle (two Ls) and correct that it would be awesome.

Also, Geissele lists the MK16 13.5 rail as 14.77 oz. I got one on the way, but I won't be able to weight it myself until I get back to the states, which is months away.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
3 Gun Labs Inc. LMB AR-15 Aluminum Light Weight 5.56 BCG - Blue only $129.99

$129 aluminum BCG
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:
Was looking for the weight of some Geissele rails and noticed that Geissele is misspelled throughout the document.

If someone could do the Google Drive version of Find+Replace for Geisselle (two Ls) and correct that it would be awesome.

Also, Geissele lists the MK16 13.5 rail as 14.77 oz. I got one on the way, but I won't be able to weight it myself until I get back to the states, which is months away.
View Quote
Where's that Find & Replace when you need it?  ;)
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By blAck_Rice:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blAck_Rice:

Touche'
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#5]
With my new 3d printed k grip my 556 is 1429 grams with red dot, bipod mount, dual qd sling points, etc... 3.15 lbs!!! 😀 My 308 isn't ready yet, I got the new grip on but I'm still working on my jp vmos bolt carrier, gotta install the adjustable gas key. Got a few stubborn bolts. Like a dummy I didn't weigh the grips before I put them on :/ sorry.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: breastroker] [#6]
Did you order 2 and used my name? I told him if we could get these right away I could get him a dozen orders and those people will show off and he will get more orders. Always support new vendors for the Modern Sporting Rifle community.

Just remember to people looking at their web site Form3d  Tidal grip at 1.0 ounces that the Tidal grip shown for $99 weighs 1.0 ounces. The ones I got are Generation 2 and not shown on their web site.

Don't worry I weighed mine. Just got the lightest AR pistol grip on the market, one third the weight of the MagPul K grip. You can only get it by sending my name Wayne to the email, other wise it won't be out until 2019.

Came in lighter than I hoped for at 0.7495 ounces. Really comfortable in my hands.

My Tennessee Arms polymer 308 lower is being delivered to my FFL today, under 4.0 pounds looking good.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#7]
Originally Posted By breastroker:
Did you order 2 and used my name? I told him if we could get these right away I could get him a dozen orders and those people will show off and he will get more orders. Always support new vendors for the Modern Sporting Rifle community.

Don't worry I weighed mine. Just got the lightest AR pistol grip on the market, one third the weight of the MagPul K grip. You can only get it by sending my name Wayne to the email, other wise it won't be out until 2019.

Came in lighter than I hoped for at 0.7495 ounces. Really comfortable in my hands.

https://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/3D21.26gr_zpselzbodf8.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/3D7495oz_zpszw3mrvme.jpg

My Tennessee Arms polymer 308 lower is being delivered to my FFL today, under 4.0 pounds looking good.
View Quote
I did tell him and get the discount, thank you Wayne. It's a very impressive grip, very ergonomic. I like the feel of it way better than the future forged ones. I'm working on replacing my 308 vmos carrier's steel spacers with PVC.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Incognito Arms has their CF stocks on a Thanksgiving sale until November 25th. Veteran owned and built in a free state of Idaho.

I used to think my Smoke Composite CF stock was light weight at 3.4 ounces. Shot if on over a dozen lowers including my AR308.

But my Incognito Arms stock is now 1.69 ounces, shot my AR308 last week and stock tough as carbon fiber

http://incognitoarms.com/#features
View Quote
$15 off $199 is not better than the 10 percent off one is supposed to get normally from joining their email list?
I tried to use the 10pct off code and says - does not exist
Short pull comes in multiple lengths to customize LOP
Shipping is $14.95

The smoke composite stocks look a bit nicer but shipping is $17+?? Also only one length for the carbine length at 9.5
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]

3 Gun Labs Inc. LMB AR-15 Aluminum Light Weight 5.56 BCG - Blue only $129.99

$129 aluminum BCG
View Quote
These are cheaper at Delta Team Tactical FYI - $113

I have two, one Silver and one Red. The Red is nice and deep colored. The Silver one I put about 100 rounds of 300BO and did not notice any wear.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#10]

https://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/3D21.26gr_zpselzbodf8.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/3D7495oz_zpszw3mrvme.jpg

View Quote
Curious to see how impact resistant that 3D Titanium is?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

Not worth the risk.
View Quote
I ordered two of them from Delta Team Tactical and got them pretty quickly
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:38:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: breastroker] [#13]
Got my Tennessee Arms polymer lower tonight, supposedly 6.3 ounces but was actually 6.55 ounces. Easier to cut weight than the Tegra lowers, got it down to 6.25 ounces.

So, announcing the Worlds Lightest AR 308 rifle (16.1" barrel) at 3.972 pounds. I had to use the Smoke castle nut as the brass insert made a looser fit to the Incognito Stock than the Tegra lowers.

Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Almost anti-climatic as I got under 4 pounds easily. I had not expected to have to use the Smoke castle nut @ 0.20 ounces. I could still blue locktite it on my next even lighter Incognito Stock

Also looking at having my 1.6 ounce CF handguard made HOLY as in a nice pattern of 3/8 inch holes for better heat transfer and to cut the weight even more.

I could cut another 0.3 ounces from the Tennessee Arms polymer lower, but would have been a lot nicer to start at 6.3 instead of 6.55 ounces.

I could have the Faxon 16.1" barrel reprofiled and cut perhaps half an ounce.

And I am still looking for that titanium 308 cam pin LOL

Thinking about cutting the Anarchy Outdoors titanium spiral muzzle brake about a quarter inch shorter at the thread area, 0.63 ounces now maybe 0.5 after

There is still room for additional weight off the JP VMOS aluminum carrier, up to half an ounce
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Almost anti-climatic as I got under 4 pounds easily. I had not expected to have to use the Smoke castle nut @ 0.20 ounces. I could still blue locktite it on my next even lighter Incognito Stock

Also looking at having my 1.6 ounce CF handguard made HOLY as in a nice pattern of 3/8 inch holes for better heat transfer and to cut the weight even more.

I could cut another 0.3 ounces from the Tennessee Arms polymer lower, but would have been a lot nicer to start at 6.3 instead of 6.55 ounces.

I could have the Faxon 16.1" barrel reprofiled and cut perhaps half an ounce.

And I am still looking for that titanium 308 cam pin LOL

Thinking about cutting the Anarchy Outdoors titanium spiral muzzle brake about a quarter inch shorter at the thread area, 0.63 ounces now maybe 0.5 after

There is still room for additional weight off the JP VMOS aluminum carrier, up to half an ounce
View Quote
Very nice, I know how hard you've been working to get under 4lbs! Congratulations!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]
@jekbrown

View Quote
I'm still unpacking and setting up my new place in the great state of Texas, so no time for major updates to the PWD, but I did have time for a quick find/replace. Geissele stuff should be correct across the entire database now.

I also see that I have a ton of user data and thread weight data to add. I'll get to it as soon as I can. This move has been a PITA, but the hardest part is behind us and it won't be long before I'm updating the PWD a few times a week like I used to.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Just remember to people looking at their web site Form3d  Tidal grip at 1.0 ounces that the Tidal grip shown for $99 weighs 1.0 ounces. The ones I got are Generation 2 and not shown on their web site.

View Quote
Is it too late to get the discount on the Gen 2s and do we need to get 2 for the discount?  Is the price different for the Gen 2s in general?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:24:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#18]
Originally Posted By BlazinTheAmazin:

Is it too late to get the discount on the Gen 2s and do we need to get 2 for the discount?  Is the price different for the Gen 2s in general?
View Quote
You can get the discount for just one. I believe it's good until the end of the year. The Gen 2 "k" grips are $15 more even with the discount
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#19]
That gun is like the Millennium Falcon, it may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, with a lot of special modifications that you made yourself!  Very impressive work so far (because I know you'll keep going; I love following this thread to see your progress.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Do you have a resource for that, or do you do it yourself?  I couldn't find anyone around here that does CF milling (or machining?).
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:37:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#21]
The new weight for my lightweight 308 is 2102 grams (4.634 lbs). Latest additions are the form 3d gen 2 k grip and the jp aluminum vmos carrier. I'm currently using all 3 steel weights on the vmos until I find a better solution. The PVC tail shim seemed like a bad idea. Gonna have to figure something out if I want to break 4.5 lbs. I'm half tempted to just remove the weights.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By pscot468:
The new weight for my lightweight 308 is 2102 grams (4.634 lbs). Latest additions are the form 3d gen 2 k grip and the jp aluminum vmos carrier. I'm currently using all 3 steel weights on the vmos until I find a better solution. The PVC tail shim seemed like a bad idea. Gonna have to figure something out if I want to break 4.5 lbs. I'm half tempted to just remove the weights.
View Quote
Without weights it's 2043 grams. I think I'll take it out to the range and see how it does like this. Dry cycling seems fine, no issues.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I would worry about the end of the aluminum carrier cocking and maybe gauging the CF stock.  Might be OK with their silent but very heavy springs.

I came up with another way to go, take a Taccom polymer buffer and trim total length to less than one inch. Then turn the OD of the shaft, leaving the larger end alone. .

Trim the polymer buffer shaft to be interference fit into the end of the aluminum carrier. Press the polymer plug into the carrier and should be good to go. Heck you could even drill out the center of the polymer plug a little to reduce weight a few grams more.

Just got my JP 308 bolt and it weighed 2 grams less than the one I was using. The JP silver colored was 75 grams, the QPQ 308 bolt was 77 grams. I went with the JP as the other was too tight a fit into the carrier, maybe a thousandths less OD but the JP is high end and $$$ but there are even more expensive 308 bolts out there that I would bet are not as good as the engineering that goes into the JP. Plus the spiral gas ring a huge plus.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:47:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#24]
I would worry about the end of the aluminum carrier cocking and maybe gauging the CF stock.  Might be OK with their silent but very heavy springs.

I came up with another way to go, take a Taccom polymer buffer and trim total length to less than one inch. Then turn the OD of the shaft, leaving the larger end alone. .

Trim the polymer buffer shaft to be interference fit into the end of the aluminum carrier. Press the polymer plug into the carrier and should be good to go. Heck you could even drill out the center of the polymer plug a little to reduce weight a few grams more.

Just got my JP 308 bolt and it weighed 2 grams less than the one I was using. The JP silver colored was 75 grams, the QPQ 308 bolt was 77 grams. I went with the JP as the other was too tight a fit into the carrier, maybe a thousandths less OD but the JP is high end and $$$ but there are even more expensive 308 bolts out there that I would bet are not as good as the engineering that goes into the JP. Plus the spiral gas ring a huge plus.
View Quote
I'm not worried about it, think about it, as the bolt unlocks and the carrier starts moving the hammer is pushing the carrier up and the gas key goes up to the charging handle, thus preventing the carrier from moving around too much. Plus the 308 spring is strong enough to keep it in place. I'll stop if I start to see wear. I'm really close to 4.5 lbs!!! I use cryptic coatings mystic black bolts with jp gas rings in both my lightweights to minimize wear.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Found a new reciever to add to the database:

VORN LIMA II Upper: 5.7 oz (M)

Looks like the lower is already listed. :D
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone have the weight of the Geissele ACH?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:04:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: breastroker] [#27]
Got my third Tennessee Arms AR308 polymer lower, the one from 2015 weighed 6.55 ounces as did both this year.

I cut the excess out of the latest one down to 170 grams or 5.996 ounces, an additional 0.25 ounces more than the last one.

Got a polymer lower parts kit while I was at New Frontier Arms, the new kit is blacker and 1.6 grams heavier. I used the mag catch out of the new kit as I like it better, but used the last of my trigger groups as I didn't want to give up that 1.6 grams.

Going to ditch the aluminum castle nut and wrap the Incognito Arms CF stock threads with Teflon tape to make it fit tighter. That will cut another 0.20 ounces.

Going to take the aluminum weight off the back of the JP aluminum carrier another 0.2 ounces, and will take off the steel spiral clip
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Found some new Manufacture data for LWPL: Coda Evolution Carbon Fiber handguards

Coda evolution carbonfiber rails:

9.5" Handguard Overall Weight 6.4oz

13.5" Handguard Overall Weight 7.5oz

15" Handguard Overall Weight 7.8oz

17" Handguard Overall Weight 8.4oz

These look like some well designed, slim style CF rails with an octagonal M-LOK design. Similar to the Faxon streamline handguards but with it's own mounting system, and staggered M-LOK slots and maybe slightly lower weight per comparable hand-guard length.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Got my third Tennessee Arms AR308 polymer lower, the one from 2015 weighed 6.55 ounces as did both this year.

I cut the excess out of the latest one down to 170 grams or 5.996 ounces, an additional 0.25 ounces more than the last one.

Got a polymer lower parts kit while I was at New Frontier Arms, the new kit is blacker and 1.6 grams heavier. I used the mag catch out of the new kit as I like it better, but used the last of my trigger groups as I didn't want to give up that 1.6 grams.

Going to ditch the aluminum castle nut and wrap the Incognito Arms CF stock threads with Teflon tape to make it fit tighter. That will cut another 0.20 ounces.

Going to take the aluminum weight off the back of the JP aluminum carrier another 0.2 ounces, and will take off the steel spiral clip
View Quote
I'm going to do some trimming on my TNA 308 lower eventually, where are you taking the weight out?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By j_cobbers:
Found some new Manufacture data for LWPL: Coda Evolution Carbon Fiber handguards

Coda evolution carbonfiber rails:

9.5" Handguard Overall Weight 6.4oz

13.5" Handguard Overall Weight 7.5oz

15" Handguard Overall Weight 7.8oz

17" Handguard Overall Weight 8.4oz

These look like some well designed, slim style CF rails with an octagonal M-LOK design. Similar to the Faxon streamline handguards but with it's own mounting system, and staggered M-LOK slots and maybe slightly lower weight per comparable hand-guard length.
View Quote
Seems Darkhour defense is less weight at lower cost
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
View Quote
Just weighed mine. Black one brand new Geissele ACH Came out at 40g vs 36g for a Radian Raptor LT that's been used
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:
Just weighed mine. Black one brand new Geissele ACH Came out at 40g vs 36g for a Radian Raptor LT that's been used
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:05:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: breastroker] [#33]
My Tennessee Arms AR308 polymer lower version 2.0 ended up complete at 11.30 ounces or 320 grams. This cuts half an ounce from the previous one. Cut the 1.75 inch Ti grip screw down to 1.5 inches and 1.95 grams.

Upper is down to 51.70 ounces. Total of 63.0 ounces or 3.938 pounds

Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#34]
My Tennessee Arms AR308 polymer lower version 2.0 ended up complete at 11.30 ounces or 320 grams. This cuts half an ounce from the previous one. Cut the 1.75 inch Ti grip screw down to 1.5 inches and 1.95 grams.

Upper is down to 51.70 ounces. Total of 63.0 ounces or 3.938 pounds

https://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/TennLower11.3oz_zpsg95kfosx.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/Lowercut_zps5spajxwl.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/Lowercut2_zpsebo5ok8u.jpg
View Quote
Looks good Wayne, keep up the good work!!! Eventually you will get to the point where you can't get any lighter but we're not there yet! Merry Christmas everybody!
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 9:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CowboyWubWub] [#35]
What handguard do ya’ll think is a good balance of value and weight in the 9-12” bracket and under $250?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CowboyWubWub:
What handguard do ya’ll think is a good balance of value and weight in the 9-12” bracket and under $250?
View Quote
Dark Hour Defense magnesium.  9", $175, 4.2 oz

https://www.darkhourdefense.com/collections/upper-parts/products/magnesium-darklite-ar15-handguards?variant=9737944793132
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I'm about to put together a 6.5 Grendel with a sabre defence chrome lined m4 profile upper. There will be many lightweight parts. 😀 This be another duty/hybrid lightweight, g2g with the fun switch but still lightweight. Shooting for under 6 lbs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#38]
Battle arms development has finally come out with their titanium bolt catch. 0.25 oz. Badger's ti bolt catch is 0.24 oz. I wonder if those aluminum bolt catches are still out there. Mine is working fine.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw that a couple of days ago with their email. It appears to use the exact same CAD program as the aluminum one.

Being dimensionally identical the titanium of course weighs more.

Cost of $99.99 but use code 2019 and get 10% off. Hope they aren't stupid and charge $9.99 for shipping like some companies.

JoeBob had the 18 inch Faxon 6.5 Creedmoor Match barrel for a steal @ $219.95 and I got 5% off $11 for being ex military. And FREE shipping. Mine shipped today.

Barrel weighs 39.5 ounces so I should be able to shoot the AR 6.5 about 6 pounds, maybe 5.5 pounds.

My last 6.5 Creedmoor was a Savage bolt action with a Shilen Select Match barrel. I was getting smaller than half inch groups at 200 yards, then I got the YIPS. My group went to 6 inches.

It was a lot harder to get the muzzle cut for threads and a brake back then, so I sold the barrel and heavy laminated stock. That rifle weighs 12 pounds without scope.

This next AR 6.5 Creedmoor will use a lighter weight BCG, one ounce buffer and adjustable gas system. A spiral Weatherby type brake or a three chamber titanium brake will cut recoil back a lot.

It wasn't the heavy recoil that caused my YIPS, it was the speed of the recoil that blew my shooting up. That same day I took my Lilja AR15 223 Wylde out of my car trunk and proceeded to shoot 25 rounds of moly coated 52 grain Black Hills SMKs inside a group a quarter would cover. Went home an poured a shot of 25 year old Scotch and sipped it with delight.

Then I took the Creedmoor apart.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#40]
FYI
I got hold of a Fostech upper receiver with smoother finish. It weighs 4.5 oz

The rougher texture Fostech upper receiver weighs 5oz

both have a similar loose fit to a Cross Machine Tool ambi lower which can be dialed out mostly by using the lower adjustment screw under the grip area
View Quote
Anybody else have any luck getting your hands on one of these? I mean we've only been waiting since 2016.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BKKJ:

Anybody else have any luck getting your hands on one of these? I mean we've only been waiting since 2016.
View Quote
Fostech upper
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Brownells list them.  Go

Originally Posted By camojoe:

Fostech upper
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Yes I got two of them and man the surface finish is crazy ruff! Looks like they added sand to the finish!  The outside surface I really don't care about but when I slid a bolt in it I had to plug my ears from the unreal noise!  It sounds and feels like its full of sand!  They would have destroyed my aluminum BCGs in a very short time im sure!

I ended up sanding the inside of the uppers then giving them a quick polish! But other than that they will work for my needs!

I believe I snagged them from Brownells about a month ago!
 Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#44]
I picked up a Mag Tactical lower at a gun show for $55.00 and ordered a Fostech upper from an internet vendor for $69.00.

The finish on the upper was as previously described, but that did not matter to me as I knew that I was going to blast it and the lower along with a handguard for Cerakoting.

The finish on the upper came off as though it was painted and not Cerakoted, the lower took a lot more work to remove the finish from.

The upper and lower could not have fit any better, it was as if they were made for each other. No gap, slop, or wobble. The take down pins worked as they should, very easy to push with just your finger.

The Faxon pencil barrel fit into the upper with very slight interference fit and tightened down very nice.

Magnesium can not be anodized as it will flake off, so Cerakote is your best option, but I was some what disappointed in the finish on the upper, It was not very durable and looked like it came out of a rattle can of Krylon.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BKKJ] [#45]
Checked out the links and yes, they do link to the course finished Magnesium fostech uppers. These are called fighter Lite by Fostech.

I'm looking for the Fighter "UltraLite" that Ar15Joe mentions. These have a milled out pic rail, milled out shell deflector, and a smoother finish, which I can only imagine is Cerekote.

https://fostech.us/media/wysiwyg/fostech/fostech_product_catalog_2017.pdf

Have a look at the linked catalog to see what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I've seen that upper only in that catalog...have these ever been actually sold / seen in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Checked out the links and yes, they do link to the course finished Magnesium fostech uppers. These are called fighter Lite by Fostech.

I'm looking for the Fighter "UltraLite" that Ar15Joe mentions. These have a milled out pic rail, milled out shell deflector, and a smoother finish, which I can only imagine is Cerekote.

https://fostech.us/media/wysiwyg/fostech/fostech_product_catalog_2017.pdf

Have a look at the linked catalog to see what I mean.
View Quote
So I have both the fostech upper and lower magnesium.

The upper is a shiny glossy texture while the lower looks anodized. It actually doesn't look good together at all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ahrion:

So I have both the fostech upper and lower magnesium.

The upper is a shiny glossy texture while the lower looks anodized. It actually doesn't look good together at all.
View Quote
The ones from classic firearms match, they aren't the glossy ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pscot468:

The ones from classic firearms match, they aren't the glossy ones.
View Quote
Those are the blems right?  I got one of the blem lowers and had to file down the inner walls of the magwell because of molding lines that were catching on my mags.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Did anyone get the TYR 3D printed titanium pistol grip and what was the weight?

The TYR looked like it would be easier to cut some of the lower grip off, so like the Hogue 15 degree grip it may be possible to cut it's weight a coupe of tenths.
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top