Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rifle_length:
Very nice! Awesome build
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rifle_length:
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Wilson Combat receiver set and handguard (16.25"). BA 22" 6.5CM barrel with collar for the AEM5-30 turned directly into the barrel.
Very nice! Awesome build

Thanks man. Hope it shoots!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Centurion Arms MK11 - 14.5" pin/welded

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ParaBellum123:
Centurion Arms MK11 - 14.5" pin/welded

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/502680/Mk11_jpg-2827484.JPG
View Quote

You have me curious now @ParaBellum123

What Surefire device is underneath that Warden and how's the muzzle recovery?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

You have me curious now @ParaBellum123

What Surefire device is underneath that Warden and how's the muzzle recovery?
View Quote

@ArizonaRifleman

I used a standard (non-warcomp) Surefire 3 Prong, and it works beautifully along with the warden. With everything shown in that pic, it's heavy enough to manage recoil without a traditional brake, so follow-up shots are doable.

I made everything quick detach so that I can easily go back and forth between a lightweight setup and a heavy mid-range setup. It's got a heavy profile barrel which adds to the weight.

As shown: 13.4 LBS
Minus Scope, ADM Mount, Bipod, and Warden = 9.01 LBS

Trigger is the Geissele Designated Marksman which is phenomenal tuned to around 2.5/3lbs.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I'm calling this done. The el cheapo bipod will go back on a .22 rifle once I zero it with hunting ammo and it'll hopefully knock down a caribou this fall.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]

@ArizonaRifleman

I used a standard (non-warcomp) Surefire 3 Prong, and it works beautifully along with the warden. With everything shown in that pic, it's heavy enough to manage recoil without a traditional brake, so follow-up shots are doable.

I made everything quick detach so that I can easily go back and forth between a lightweight setup and a heavy mid-range setup. It's got a heavy profile barrel which adds to the weight.

As shown: 13.4 LBS
Minus Scope, ADM Mount, Bipod, and Warden = 9.01 LBS

Trigger is the Geissele Designated Marksman which is phenomenal tuned to around 2.5/3lbs.

View Quote
I had a Lantac Dragon that a Lantac BMD was on, and it felt like the break ports on the Dragon were undoing any recoil mitigation. I may give this a try with the Surefire 3 prong as I do have an extra Warden around.

Old picture with the Dragon inside the BMD on my Armalite. Not pictured is the updated version Arisaka offset with RMRcc and Precision Armament EFAB.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
@ArizonaRifleman

Can you reload that photo? For some reason it's not working on my end.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]
@ArizonaRifleman

Can you reload that photo? For some reason it's not working on my end.
View Quote

Better?

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
@ArizonaRifleman

That's a nice looking rifle! Is that a factory Armalite?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#10]
@ArizonaRifleman

That's a nice looking rifle! Is that a factory Armalite?
View Quote

Yes sir.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#11]
@ParaBellum123 Did you order that direct from Monty and Claire and did they have their shop pick a barrel for you or was this a home assembled? Asking because if they have a 308 barrel but not listed, I'd like to ask them about getting one for myself in 18 and rifle gas for an LR308 pattern bolt.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#13]
@Arizonarifleman

The barrel is actually a Spikes 14.5” 308. Monte doesn’t offer a 308 that I’ve seen, but I know they’re currently revamping their MK11 receivers to be ambi, so that may possibly be in the works. If they do ever offer them, I’ll be buying one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:59:23 AM EDT
[#14]
@Arizonarifleman

Are you running an A5 recoil system on your Armalite?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jmh556:
@Arizonarifleman

Are you running an A5 recoil system on your Armalite?
View Quote

Same tube length, but this is an Armalite thing where it comes from the factory assembled like this using their spring and an AR15 H3 buffer. gas tube is even weird because they call it a carbine gas yet is longer than a mid length.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Same tube length, but this is an Armalite thing where it comes from the factory assembled like this using their spring and an AR15 H3 buffer. gas tube is even weird because they call it a carbine gas yet is longer than a mid length.
View Quote
@ArizonaRifleman
just fyi, Armalite standard AR-10 "carbine" gas tube is about 12-1/16" OAL, in comparison to AR-15 mid-length gas tube of about 11.75".  that's par for the course in the AR-10 world.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
@ArizonaRifleman
just fyi, Armalite standard AR-10 "carbine" gas tube is about 12-1/16" OAL, in comparison to AR-15 mid-length gas tube of about 11.75".  that's par for the course in the AR-10 world.
View Quote

I knew that already but thanks for taking the time to make sure
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Thanks for the info. I though it looked like it, so I wanted to make sure. I'm in the process of building out an Aero M5 receiver set and I was curious if I could get away with running the A5 system. So, my next question is, since your Armalite has their specific gas tube length and you're running the H3 buffer, what would be a good recommendation for a spring and buffer combo for my 16 inch barrel with an actual mid length gas tube length? I have a rifle length Geissele Super 42 spring and a Springco green spring laying around as spares and a myriad of carbine buffers from H to H3. This gun will be run suppressed with a Dead Air Sandman S.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Thanks for the info. I though it looked like it, so I wanted to make sure. I'm in the process of building out an Aero M5 receiver set and I was curious if I could get away with running the A5 system. So, my next question is, since your Armalite has their specific gas tube length and you're running the H3 buffer, what would be a good recommendation for a spring and buffer combo for my 16 inch barrel with an actual mid length gas tube length? I have a rifle length Geissele Super 42 spring and a Springco green spring laying around as spares and a myriad of carbine buffers from H to H3. This gun will be run suppressed with a Dead Air Sandman S.
View Quote

Honestly that's a question for Alan Dugger of Sprinco USA.

https://www.sprinco.com/

Alan is salt of the earth and prefers to do things by phone to answer all questions and not email or Facebook messaging. He also likes to talk but not ramble so be prepared to take notes as he does a knowledge transfer.

However I will say that I am considering a Tubbs 308 carbine & rifle gas flat wire on a trial basis and hang on but I do have the spring he told me to get as a spare part when the Armalite one goes south or if it does. Let me check to see which one it is here...DPMS pattern orange extra power spring.

If you just want to get the actual Armalite parts, here's this kit and just the spring itself. But only the extension kit is showing in stock.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Honestly that's a question for Alan Dugger of Sprinco USA.

https://www.sprinco.com/

Alan is salt of the earth and prefers to do things by phone to answer all questions and not email or Facebook messaging. He also likes to talk but not ramble so be prepared to take notes as he does a knowledge transfer.

However I will say that I am considering a Tubbs 308 carbine & rifle gas flat wire on a trial basis and hang on but I do have the spring he told me to get as a spare part when the Armalite one goes south or if it does. Let me check to see which one it is here...DPMS pattern orange extra power spring.

If you just want to get the actual Armalite parts, here's this kit and just the spring itself. But only the extension kit is showing in stock.

View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the info, I will check into this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#21]
Monty LeClair:

We are working towards it probably is good bolt groups. Receiver sets should be coming soon. Complete gin will be a bit till we can make the bolt groups in house. I didn’t want to but don’t really see any other way.
View Quote

@ParaBellum123

Are you in the facebook Centurion group at all? He just put that out a day ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#22]

@ParaBellum123

Are you in the facebook Centurion group at all? He just put that out a day ago.
View Quote

@ArizonaRifleman

I'm not, but I do follow them on IG. Glad to hear that these things are in the works. Centurion seems to be branching out into new territory this year which is awesome to see.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I was able to do a mock up of the parts that I do have, and all that I need now is the Centurion Arms 7.62 MLOK 13 inch handguard, Dead Air flash hider, and a butt stock.
Parts List:
- Aero M5 Receiver Set
- Stag Arms nitride BCG
- MILSPEC Charging Handle (for now)
- 16 inch stainless steel barrel w/ mid length gas system (not sure of mfr, but it was free, so I'm not complaining... yet)
- VLTOR A5 buffer tube w/ JP high polish rifle length spring and H2 carbine buffer

AR10 Mock Up by James H., on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:11:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ParaBellum123] [#24]
I was able to do a mock up of the parts that I do have, and all that I need now is the Centurion Arms 7.62 MLOK 13 inch handguard, Dead Air flash hider, and a butt stock.
Parts List:
- Aero M5 Receiver Set
- Stag Arms nitride BCG
- MILSPEC Charging Handle (for now)
- 16 inch stainless steel barrel w/ mid length gas system (not sure of mfr, but it was free, so I'm not complaining... yet)
- VLTOR A5 buffer tube w/ JP high polish rifle length spring and H2 carbine buffer

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52973460688_61ed3f8ac9_b.jpgAR10 Mock Up by James H., on Flickr
View Quote

@jmh556:

I think they have blems in 12" available. The 14" are OOS.

Centurion Arms Blems $120.00

ETA: these are the original, not the mlok, though I prefer the originals.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#25]

@jmh556:

I think they have blems in 12" available. The 14" are OOS.

Centurion Arms Blems $120.00

ETA: these are the original, not the mlok, though I prefer the originals.
View Quote

@ParaBellum123:

I appreciate the heads up on the CMR, I was looking at those a few weeks ago while helping a buddy of mine search for parts to finish his build and if they had the 14 inch CMR available, I would be all over it. I saw the pic you posted of your rifle, got inspired, and started this project. I decided to go with the 13 inch MLOK rail as I have plans to do a 14.5 barrel down the road. The barrel I have now was given to me by a friend that works at a local shop and it is in really good condition, so I'll use it for now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#26]
My Wilson Combat AR's.  Top is a WC Super Sniper in 6.5CM w/22" barrel.  Middle is a WC Recon Tactical in .308 w/18" barrel and bottom is a customized WC Recon Tactical in 5.56 w/16" barrel.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I was finally able to complete this a couple of days ago, and I finally got it out to the range today to test fire, tune the gas block, and zero the optic. I really like the Centurion Arms CMR 7.62 MLOK rail, it mounts up easy and is fairly light.

Big Build by James H., on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#28]
What kind of powder was you using if I may ask. Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By G15:
What kind of powder was you using if I may ask. Thank you sir.
View Quote

@G15
I was using some Armscor 168 gr ammo, so I'm not sure what the specs are on their loadings. I just bought a few boxes, since it was the cheapest option at the local shop, to test and tune this rifle before I started using ammunition that is meant for accuracy such as Federal Gold Medal Match. I am heading back out to the range on Sunday to see how it runs with my Dead Air Sandman S, but I'm still using the cheaper ammo to make sure everything works.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#30]
My humble addition:

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By wtwining:
My humble addition:
https://i.imgur.com/PwO59Rj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/odWM6x4.jpg
View Quote

Nice!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#32]

M&P10 with Blk Lbl bipod
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Well shoot, I was looking at the weights and if some are already using a bipod anyway, it'll be at the same general area.

I think that I may have found the perfect free float for my precision 308.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Better?

https://i.imgur.com/QNCyd9E.jpg
View Quote

Red tape to signify ammo type or caliber?
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#35]

New build, 18 inch faxon Aero build shooting Winchester powerpoint 180

these 2 inch firebirds are a challenge at 600 yards

i sighted the scope in at 50 from a laserzero with 6 rounds

used 4 rounds to get it hitting the bull at 100

used 2 rounds to ring a steel plate at 200

used 2 rounds to ring a 400 yard plate

at 600, I fired six at the pig rung it 4 times and on round 20, I hit the firebird

I was on a bench with bags but I later shot it off the tripod to 200 with no issues

It shoots very nicely with the A2 buffer in the PRS

I bought it new glass

Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#36]
@Scrapple

Tell us about that hand guard?
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:17:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtb33] [#37]
Originally Posted By Ghostface:
@Scrapple

View Quote
It's just a BLK LBL "Bipod" handguard for the AR15.  3rd from the bottom here:  https://blklblbipod.com/products/
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:

Better?

https://i.imgur.com/QNCyd9E.jpg

Ammo type. If I could get more 308 Pmags in coyote tan ever again, it would be black instead of red to signify AP. I also have blue for 130 TTSX, silver for incendiary, gold for Speer Gold Dot Soft Points and Federal Fusion MSR, and unmarked for practice fodder.

In fact I would definitely use all coyote tan for each type with associated colors to free up more blacks for range use.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ghostface:
@Scrapple

View Quote

Blk Lbl bipod, newest generation. I used to have the older version, just got this one and it's an upgrade so far. I'll post a review after I beat it up.
But definitely give them a look. It's a great piece of kit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 3:03:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#40]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
I think I'm calling this done. The el cheapo bipod will go back on a .22 rifle once I zero it with hunting ammo and it'll hopefully knock down a caribou this fall.

https://i.imgur.com/O2S2XvO.jpg
View Quote

Any issues with being able to use the scope at max magnification with it positioned that far forward?

I know a lot of ppl set their rigs up for NTC, but with a fixed stock and variable optic that goes above 10-12x, positioning it back with the ocular closer to the castlenut typically allows for a better sight picture unless you’re taller than 6’5” or have a giraffe in the family tree.

Nice build, just generally curious on the optic placement.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#41]
POF P-308 12.5"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#42]
My humble addition:
View Quote

I've been thinking about doing something just like this for my first 308.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
My humble addition:

I always love the look of the Armalite AR10, especially the older ones with the roll marks, not todays laser etching crap.
Mark Westrom really did an outstanding job with them, IMHO you just don't see that kind of quality today.

Armalite had offered what they called their A2 front sight base, which is to be used with their detachable carry handle on the AR10. Its 2.77" tall (the "F" marked AR15 FSB is 2.62”). I got lucky and found one for sale.

I was thinking of cloning this:

And have JT cut and reprofile the barrel, but still on the fence about it. I have no problems scoring hits at 500m with it using iron sights, and I'm worried that if I had the barrel reprofiled, it may affect accuracy. And I don't think it would save much weight either.

But who knows, maybe one day I'll have that done. But either way, I'm very happy with it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:32:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:

Any issues with being able to use the scope at max magnification with it positioned that far forward?

I know a lot of ppl set their rigs up for NTC, but with a fixed stock and variable optic that goes above 10-12x, positioning it back with the ocular closer to the castlenut typically allows for a better sight picture unless you’re taller than 6’5” or have a giraffe in the family tree.

Nice build, just generally curious on the optic placement.
View Quote

The eyebox on it is pretty forgiving distance wise. Vortex says 3.7” and it feels about that. Height was a bit of a pain, I think I needed about 1/4” on the PRS lite to consistently be in the right spot.

I haven’t been able to do a notable round count on the rifle yet due to ammo costs up here, but I’ll report back if I have any issues.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#45]

What cheek rest is that on the CTR?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 5RWill:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 5RWill:

Larue risr
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I was finally able to complete this a couple of days ago, and I finally got it out to the range today to test fire, tune the gas block, and zero the optic. I really like the Centurion Arms CMR 7.62 MLOK rail, it mounts up easy and is fairly light.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52993730377_660861db83_c.jpgBig Build by James H., on Flickr
View Quote

@jmh556

Looks great man!
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#48]

@jmh556

Looks great man!
View Quote

Thanks, I appreciate it. This thing shoots pretty well with A5 recoil system and the Odin Works adjustable gas block. I really dig your set up, so I think I may look into that Spikes 14.5 barrel for another upper.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 56
Lets see your AR-10s (Page 54 of 56)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top