Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2019 12:13:49 AM EDT
Okay so I've been looking at bipods. Pretty much ruled out the Harris so I think it's between Atlas and accutac. Anyone have experience with both?

What is the best size? Mostly going to be used for prone shooting. Maybe off a table. I can't see myself sitting down on the ground using a bipod. What do most you guys run on a ar-type rifle? 6 to 9?

As far as accutac. Sr - 5 or br4?
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my GG&G, so you might take a look at those also.

The size to get is based on caliber, just read the description for the recommended size.

Standard is good up to 762, after that they suggest heavy duty.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
GG&G, I have two. Solid.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Don’t have experience with an accutac, but I love my Atlas. Stay away from the cheap Chinese bipods, I learned that from experience.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I actually don't like the Atlas V8... I love their mono-pods, but I hated that bipod.

I ended up taking mine off and replacing it with a KAC. Yes, the KAC is $400, but it doesn't rattle, over adjust, and I did not have go Hulk to tighten the nut to lock the pan and cant. (Yes, mine was a real one purchased from the Manf.)
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
So... anyone with an accutac?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I posted this a while ago...

I've owned & use both the Atlas and the Harris, but usually choose an Atlas over Harris for the reasons below.

- The Atlas has the ability to PAN, which the Harris lacks.
- The Atlas can be stowed either with the legs forward or rearward.
- A shooter can preload an Atlas bipod easier and better then a Harris.
- Atlas can be deployed silently, where the springs in the Harris can cause noise.
- Pulling a rifle towards you to re-position it can cause the legs of a Harris to collapse, where the Atlas will not.
- The Atlas offers more deployed positions then the Harris. The Harris is either up (stowed) or down (deployed), with no other options.
- A user can add sections to modify the length of the legs along with the type of feet (rubber, spike, etc) with the Atlas at will. Doing so with the Harris is a permanent change & only the type of feet can be modified.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea I wouldnt buy the harris. Too much of a snob when it comes to my gear. Someone with a dam accutac! Which model?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#9]

GG&G

They have 9 different models depending on your rifle and bipod needs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I take it you intend to rule out the new Mapul bipod? You can use a QD mount of your choice whether it be ADM, LaRue, ARMS or others.

I really like the Atlas monopod. I also have a CTK Precision monopod, but I prefer the Atlas because it's easier to operate and has better operating features.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:24:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I prefer my GG&G QD over my Atlas. Rifle is a medium-weight 18" 308Win AR. Originally had the Atlas on it, got the GG&G and that's what is now standard on the rifle. The QD is REALLY nice, is very strong, and very quick for attachment and removal. Very light weight, too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Which GG&G models are you guys using?
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which GG&G models are you guys using?
View Quote

I'm using the XDS-2 QD. Fixing to order another one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Over the past few years a lot of good bipod options have come out. Harris had its day, but it isn't worth a lot of consideration aside from price when others offer locking legs at different positions, interchangeable feet, stronger mounting systems, load better, and are manufactured with greater dimensional consistency (i.e. they are "square") which keeps groups tighter.

I don't care for panning features so I prefer the Atlas CAL right now. They also use ADM for their QD hardware, which is my favorite QD mount.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 2:08:19 AM EDT
[#15]
My favorite bipods these days are the Knights Armament.  Stupid expensive but made very well.  My severe OCD forced me to buy one for my KAC rifles and it has turned out to be a real top quality piece of hardware.

The QD on and off the rifles is outstanding, one button release, one handed operation

IMO more sturdy than an Atlas, which I ended up selling, and more versatile than a Harris.

What I have read about the Accutac, it looks good and I would consider buying one

Bronc

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top