Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2021 2:00:12 PM EDT
I just received a pre-owned Les Baer AR15 Varmint with round aluminum hand guard and the Versa-pod bipod.  Has anyone replaced the Versa-pod with another brand of bipod (like Atlas) and how did you mount it?  Thanks and photos would really be appreicated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never done this mod, but I am very good at machining options, did this for 39 years as a machienry engineer....please post pictures of your set up and that will get us started on some machining options...without seeing your exact set up, I have an idea on what it looks like and I have some suggestions, but please post some pictures

Bronc
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I once bought a Bushmaster varminter and it had an identical handguard. There are sling swivel stud adapters that can be attached to enable you to use the Atlas bipod. I just installed a MUCH better handguard so that I can easily attach whatever I want.

For the price of the Atlas, it would be like sticking a Ferrari in a crappy shed if you think about it.

If you want to save on cost ... you could get a really nice handguard, low pro gas block and a Magpul bipod instead for likely the same price as an adapter & Atlas bipod. Just a thought.

A Harris bipod should attach to that handguard very easily to a sling swivel stud. That's the easiest & cheapest remedy for the existing handguard.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top