Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/16/2021 1:00:12 PM EST
I just received a pre-owned Les Baer AR15 Varmint with round aluminum hand guard and the Versa-pod bipod.  Has anyone replaced the Versa-pod with another brand of bipod (like Atlas) and how did you mount it?  Thanks and photos would really be appreicated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:18:40 AM EST
I have never done this mod, but I am very good at machining options, did this for 39 years as a machienry engineer....please post pictures of your set up and that will get us started on some machining options...without seeing your exact set up, I have an idea on what it looks like and I have some suggestions, but please post some pictures

Bronc
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:32:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2021 12:44:57 PM EST by ARgonot]
I once bought a Bushmaster varminter and it had an identical handguard. There are sling swivel stud adapters that can be attached to enable you to use the Atlas bipod. I just installed a MUCH better handguard so that I can easily attach whatever I want.

For the price of the Atlas, it would be like sticking a Ferrari in a crappy shed if you think about it.

If you want to save on cost ... you could get a really nice handguard, low pro gas block and a Magpul bipod instead for likely the same price as an adapter & Atlas bipod. Just a thought.

A Harris bipod should attach to that handguard very easily to a sling swivel stud. That's the easiest & cheapest remedy for the existing handguard.
Top Top