Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2021 10:47:30 PM EDT
Folks school me on these are they really the shiz?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Expensive
Kinda heavy
Easily the best on the market.

https://soldiersystems.net/2019/01/10/law-tactical-receives-nato-stock-numbers-for-ar-folding-stock-adapter-gen3m-and-parts-kit/
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like mine. It works well and deploys fast. I have it on a 10.5" 300bk pistol.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#4]
They're cool, but I could live without it.  I don't love it, but I also don't hate it enough to take it off and sell it.  Honestly the best part is showing it off, all my friends who don't have one ooh & ahh when they see it.  The worst part is the added weight, I actually prefer my AR pistols without the LAW folder because they weigh less and are more comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Like mine. It is solid, sturdy, well built. I like it because I carry my AR pistol in a backpack most of the time. Folder makes it possible. Carrying in a backpack is much more inconspicuous than a gun case of any sort. Whether I’m going to the range, to the office or even just having it in the car.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
theres one made of 7075 aluminum for about 150.00 i forget the name but its almost identicle. watch your lop though
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Heavy, but they’re steel for a reason.  If they thought they should be made out of cheaper and light aluminum they would have.  

Definitely worth the price if you need that difference in size.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#8]
They work. Heavy, but built like a tank.

I took mine off though, and have it in the EE for trades only.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
add me to the +1 list. do not use it with something like the adjustable arm braces though, they become "too long"
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
add me to the +1 list. do not use it with something like the adjustable arm braces though, they become "too long"
View Quote

Was going to post this.  A GearHeadWorks Mod1 Tailhook on a pistol tube works well with a Law folder and keeps it under the verboten 13.5" LOP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is not entirely true.  Gearheadworks offers a part you can put into the Tailhook Mod 2 to disable the furthest adjustment notch, so that it doesn't exceed the 13.5" LOP.  SB Tactical has them for the SBA3 also.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Was going to post this.  A GearHeadWorks Mod1 Tailhook on a pistol tube works well with a Law folder and keeps it under the verboten 13.5" LOP.
View Quote

Mine's on a stamped 10" Noveske 300BO.  It's perfect.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is not entirely true.  Gearheadworks offers a part you can put into the Tailhook Mod 2 to disable the furthest adjustment notch, so that it doesn't exceed the 13.5" LOP.  SB Tactical has them for the SBA3 also.
View Quote

True. I have the Tailhook Mod 2 on mine. I emailed Gearheadworks about the LOP issue and their response was "Give us your address and we'll send you the stop (or whatever they called it)". Came a couple days later, no charge. Essentially it is a molded piece that fits in the last position under the brace so the brace only opens through the first few positions. Now with the brace in the longest position, the LOP is exactly 13.5"
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
theres one made of 7075 aluminum for about 150.00 i forget the name but its almost identicle. watch your lop though
View Quote

Sylvan arms is the aluminum one. Assembly is not the same as a Law. There are some knockoff law folders out there made from aluminum too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

...and if your gun ever ends up in the hands of the alphabet agency, they'll just pull that little block out. Instantly it becomes "designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder".

Don't believe me?

In one of the FOIA documents they did essentially just that, forcibly screwing in a Shockwave blade setscrew as far back in the pistol tube as possible to "reclassify" a firearm.

They don't seem to care how YOU have it set up, they seem to only care how it COULD BE set up if the changes only require hand tools or is "easy".

See for yourself.

EDITED TO CORRECT LINK:  FOIA Doc dump #2

Scribd P. 153: picture showing original predrilled hole for blade brace and new "forced" indent at rear

Scribd P 155-6: description of what they did.

Based on this, blocking the last hole with a plastic plug or epoxy (also easily removed - google it) is probably not a good strategy. Seems to me that the actual buffer tube needs to be shorter, the last hole welded shut, completely machined out, or something like that which is permanent so it cannot be used and it could NEVER reach the magical 13.5" LOP.

(I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice.)
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the hots for a Law Folder for awhile. In the beginning they were hard to find so I let it slip. Awhile later I got one expecting it to be awesome.

They are well made and do their job great. Down side is they are heavy and for me made the gun a bit clunky. I had the folder on a 10.5 SBR which was built to be light and handy. The shine wore off quick for me as I discovered I didnt really have a need for a folding stock AR past the gee whiz factor. After about a month with it I sold it.

If you do have a need then they work great.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

...and if your gun ever ends up in the hands of the alphabet agency, they'll just pull that little block out. Instantly it becomes "designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder".

Don't believe me?

In one of the FOIA documents they did essentially just that, forcibly screwing in a Shockwave blade setscrew as far back in the pistol tube as possible to "reclassify" a firearm.

They don't seem to care how YOU have it set up, they seem to only care how it COULD BE set up if the changes only require hand tools or is "easy".

See for yourself.

FOIA Doc dump

P140: picture showing original predrilled hole for blade brace and new "forced" indent at rear

P 143: description of what they did.

Based on this, blocking the last hole with a plastic plug or epoxy (also easily removed - google it) is probably not a good strategy. Seems to me that the actual buffer tube needs to be shorter, the last hole welded shut, completely machined out, or something like that which is permanent so it cannot be used and it could NEVER reach the magical 13.5" LOP.

(I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice.)

View Quote

I don't see what you are talking about in this document. I see plenty of references to LOP being 13.5", but nothing referring to a "temporary" stop placed in the brace to keep it at 13.5". The pages you referenced certainly don't show what you are saying. They are showing a particular brace and demonstrating how it doesn't qualify as a brace. And it is because the "flaps" which surround the arm aren't long enough, nothing to do with LOP... And I went through the entire document.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't see what you are talking about in this document. I see plenty of references to LOP being 13.5", but nothing referring to a "temporary" stop placed in the brace to keep it at 13.5". The pages you referenced certainly don't show what you are saying. They are showing a particular brace and demonstrating how it doesn't qualify as a brace. And it is because the "flaps" which surround the arm aren't long enough, nothing to do with LOP... And I went through the entire document.
View Quote

That's because I put in the wrong doc dump link. My mistake.

FOIA Doc dump #2

P 153-156 on scribd.

"Being an inherently adjustable accessory, FTISB was able to unscrew the adjustment screw in the Blade accessory, extend it to the rear of the receiver extension, and secure it by tightening the adjustment screw. FTISB determined that no predrilled hole was necessary to firmly secure the Blade acessory in the extended position. The entire process of extending the Blade accessory took less than one minute."

If they're willing to move the blade and forcibly lock it into a position the submitter obviously didn't intend, in order to declare the firearm an NFA regulated item, a little plastic block isn't going to stop them.

To be safe, I'd want to make sure none of my braces can be extended to the 13.5" limit under any circumstances, even if "re-adjusted" or "re-configured".  The only way to do that with a Law folder is, as far as I know, to use a brace that clamps to the tube and can't overhang the end enough to reach 13.5"  e.g. the Taiilhook Mod 1 brace or Strongarm brace.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

FOIA Doc dump #2

P 153-156 on scribd.

"Being an inherently adjustable accessory, FTISB was able to unscrew the adjustment screw in the Blade accessory, extend it to the rear of the receiver extension, and secure it by tightening the adjustment screw. FTISB determined that no predrilled hole was necessary to firmly secure the Blade acessory in the extended position. The entire process of extending the Blade accessory took less than one minute."

If they're willing to move the blade and forcibly lock it into a position the submitter obviously didn't intend, in order to declare the firearm an NFA regulated item, a little plastic block isn't going to stop them.

To be safe, I'd want to make sure none of my braces can be extended to the 13.5" limit under any circumstances, even if "re-adjusted" or "re-configured".  The only way to do that with a Law folder is, as far as I know, to use a brace that clamps to the tube and can't overhang the end enough to reach 13.5"  e.g. the Taiilhook Mod 1 brace or Strongarm brace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FOIA Doc dump #2

P 153-156 on scribd.

Dude.  You are wound way too tight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I got one for a 7.5" 5.56 pistol because I wanted the ability to fold it down and be super compact. I like it and it looks cool.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one (in a box). Solid piece of gear, although it does move a tiny, tiny smidge. Can't find a use for it, but it *is* quality.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm building a 10.3" 5.56mm pistol with the same set up. Sweet.  My only beef with Law Tactical is they never came out with their ARIC bolt carrier assembly.

https://www.recoilweb.com/incoming-new-products-2-146807.html
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm building a 10.3" 5.56mm pistol with the same set up. Sweet.  My only beef with Law Tactical is they never came out with their ARIC bolt carrier assembly.

https://www.recoilweb.com/incoming-new-products-2-146807.html
View Quote

That looks interesting, although pricey...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I filled the longest adjustment position on the tube with JB weld. Now it will only extend within the "limit"

The law is built like a tank.

It does make for a heavy pistol especially when you put a can on it. Ive debated taking it off but for now it stays. I would have to re-tune the gas and with ammo prices I really dont want to go through that right now.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top