Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2018 5:21:58 PM EDT
I have an email in to Law, but I’m hoping someone may know what is causing this issue. Got the adapter installed, correctly to the best of my understanding. When I close the stock, the action won’t cycle. Something is blocking it, the charging handle and bcg won’t move. Opened up, everything appears gtg, but closed it’s jammed up. Anyone have any ideas? I can’t figure out what’s causing the jam.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
photos would help...
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have an email in to Law, but I’m hoping someone may know what is causing this issue. Got the adapter installed, correctly to the best of my understanding. When I close the stock, the action won’t cycle. Something is blocking it, the charging handle and bcg won’t move. Opened up, everything appears gtg, but closed it’s jammed up. Anyone have any ideas? I can’t figure out what’s causing the jam.
View Quote
That is the design. There is a stop that locks the insert that sits in the bolt.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is the design. There is a stop that locks the insert that sits in the bolt.
View Quote

This, and it is not designed to be fired while open. 

The stop mentioned is like a gate that protrudes into the bolt extension.  It should be clearly visible to you, unless you didn't install it yourself.  Put on your glasses if you need to, sometimes I need to be reminded.

Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If doing that while closed, sound like maybe you installed that button/spring wrong or possible something off on it so it is not retracting fully while closed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it only locks up with the stock folded closed, making it impossible to cycle the action. I will reinstall the spring and button and see if that helps, but it looks normal so far.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This, and it is not designed to be fired while open. 

The stop mentioned is like a gate that protrudes into the bolt extension.  It should be clearly visible to you, unless you didn't install it yourself.  Put on your glasses if you need to, sometimes I need to be reminded.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/Bushmaster-209607.jpg
View Quote

This problem is happening when the stock is closed, not what’s supposed to happen obviously.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
LAW Tactical Folding Stock Adapter Installation
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I think I figured it out, and it has nothing to do with the Law folder after all. I have a JP captured spring unit in the stock, and because that unit has a center spring guide rod in it, the plug that goes in the rear of the BCG is hitting the JP guide rod and stopping the action. Easy fix, just slide in a spring and buffer. That sucks though, because this rifle shot amazing with the JP unit. It'll still be good though, and at least it will fold correctly! Never knew or thought that the Law folder would not function with a JP spring unit, but with this rifle I've had to learn new things at every step.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I think I figured it out, and it has nothing to do with the Law folder after all. I have a JP captured spring unit in the stock, and because that unit has a center spring guide rod in it, the plug that goes in the rear of the BCG is hitting the JP guide rod and stopping the action. Easy fix, just slide in a spring and buffer. That sucks though, because this rifle shot amazing with the JP unit. It'll still be good though, and at least it will fold correctly! Never knew or thought that the Law folder would not function with a JP spring unit, but with this rifle I've had to learn new things at every step.
View Quote
JP advertised this adapter to use the JP silent capture spring still https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/tactical-folding-bolt-carrier-extension/?afmc=21
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

JP advertised this adapter to use the JP silent capture spring still https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/tactical-folding-bolt-carrier-extension/?afmc=21
View Quote
Whoa! Thanks for posting that, I’d have never found that one. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#11]
All that needs done is drill a hole in the piece that goes in back of the bolt and us the JP!
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't want to hijack the post, but I was just curious of those who have the LAW Tactical Adapter, do you like it / worth the investment?

-Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't want to hijack the post, but I was just curious of those who have the LAW Tactical Adapter, do you like it / worth the investment?

-Thanks
View Quote
Love it. Got it on sale for $189 before tax/shipping.
I would gladly pay more for one if need be.
It allows me to throw my 8.5 .300 aac into a duffel bag without anyone knowing what I have with me.
Installation was easy and it is well made.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

-Thanks
View Quote
I love mine and absolutely worth it!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top