Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2021 9:04:33 PM EDT
Thinking about putting this and an super duty rail on my dd mk18 to keep in my truck. Any reviews on the law tactical?

steve
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Have it on my truck gun.

10/10 well built. Not "light", but I don't have bitch arms so...
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have it on my truck gun.

View Quote

my arms could be described as "bitch" however with the rail change too I will be saving a few "lbs" I would think

any performance difference with the bolt plug thing you gotta put on

steve
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

my arms could be described as "bitch" however with the rail change too I will be saving a few "lbs" I would think

steve
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have it on my truck gun.

steve

None noticeable. Had a echo trigger in the lower for awhile. Ran great.

Now has a LaRue trigger. And a lighter buffer. Still runs like a top.

Takes a minute to install and adjust, and get used to. But otherwise good product. If I need another compact AR, I would buy again.

I would like to try the sprung BCG though at some point. Do not remember the company name, may be vaporware now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
nice, current set up is

10.3 DDmk18
SSAE
H2 Geissle Buffer

steve
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent addition to any truck/backpack gun.
You will like it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like mine, mainly because it fits in the backpack nicely
View Quote

thats the idea, what pack you using?

steve
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Best solution if you want to be able to fold an AR.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely a must have if you want to backpack carry your mk18. Bag is a Vertx Gamut 2.0

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Built specifically for a backpack gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Wondering if anyone has noticed any play (or slop) in the LAW folder when locked closed.
I just installed the LAW folder for the first time and everything seemed great until I noticed a small amount of slop in the system when closed.
Is this normal for this?

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wondering if anyone has noticed any play (or slop) in the LAW folder when locked closed.
I just installed the LAW folder for the first time and everything seemed great until I noticed a small amount of slop in the system when closed.
Is this normal for this?

https://i.imgur.com/b8WxyUl.jpg
View Quote

Yes, it has a little bit of slop
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I describe the LAW folder as something a warrior can hand down to their son to take into battle who will hand it down to their grandson to take into battle.

Albeit heavy, it’s a solid pice of kit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:32:06 AM EDT
[#17]
The people that are doing it are doing so for the concealability and portability it brings in packs and not for carrying in the field or hanging out at the range all day doing drills.

It's heavy and adds a considerable length that even users of the UCIW would notice. But it's built like a tank, and doesn't harm performance when not folded and can be very convenient if the user needs a folder for storage purposes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is this normal for this?

https://i.imgur.com/b8WxyUl.jpg
View Quote

Mine doesn't have any movement in any direction.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thinking about putting this and an super duty rail on my dd mk18 to keep in my truck. Any reviews on the law tactical?

steve
View Quote

Tens of thousands of guns are stolen from vehicles annually. Like 40k from what I remember. Keeping a firearm in your vehicle is objectively stupid. Don't do it. It's just gonna wind up in some tweaker's hands when they bash your window with a rock and waltz off into the night. Takes 15 seconds.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Its heavy because it is steel, not aluminum. It adds 1.4 in to your length of pull.

I have two and love them. High quality.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Its heavy because it is steel, not aluminum. It adds 1.4 in to your length of pull.

I have two and love them. High quality.
View Quote

It has to be made out of steel, otherwise it would be fragile according to the owner of the Law folder maker, his words.

But that steel makes it to some heavier then some people would prefer. And we know that it's high quality, but that changes nothing because of it's weight for some that don't like that aspect that it unfortunately brings.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I DON’T trust anything Law Tactical says, they’ve been saying their ARIC BCG is “coming soon” for SEVERAL years!
View Quote

Duffy was asked once if he thought that the LT folder could be improved upon. He said no after careful considerations, but had suggested doing a trial run in titanium to save some weight. You are a fan of FCD, correct? That's Duffy's company.

That BCG was done in a co op with KAC, right? Might be something that we're not seeing as to why it's still not here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I used one for the first time recently and I really like it. They are very solid / well made. Yes, they add some heft but it also helps balance out a heavy barrel profile or suppressor.

I needed to be able to make an AR more compact for a specific space requirement. The Law Tactical seems like the best accessory to get the job done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

steve
View Quote

Have one and the quality and function is definitely great.
However, I would re-evaluate whether you actually *need* it to store the rifle in your vehicle.  It’s heavy as fuck and relatively expensive.  If you can make the storage situation work with just the collapsible stock, I would.  Don’t buy it because a folding stock rifle is cool - take a hard look at your *needs*.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I have 3 of them, love the things.  For my purpose, being able to store in a bag for discrete carry, they are perfect.  The Length of Pull addition, to me, is minimal. Just put the adjustable stock on the next slot and move on.  The ONLY thing I don't like about them, is the cheap ass install tool.  I have enough of them, and help other people install enough of them, that I bought the steel tool direct from Law Tactical.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I have 3 as well.  With all three the adapter caused my LOP to be long.  I purchased LOP limiters from SB Tactical and now all 3 are within limits.  If I ever think of getting a fourth I'd buy the steel tool.  A few times I considered moving the adapter to another lower but not having the tool prevented me. A couple of my AR pistols are so short already that the adapter makes it possible to carry them in even the smallest of bags.  It's nice being able to carry a .30 caliber pistol in a sling bag.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I use them on several ARs. Weight doesn't bother me. I travel and fly often enough that minimizing the size of my case while maximizing what I can put into it is worth the expense. I've been pleasantly surprised how many places ARs fit easily with the folder. Really improves maneuverability in small spaces for me, particularly in vehicles. Like anything, it takes practice to employ skillfully. I liked it way more than I thought I might.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top