Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2020 5:36:05 PM EDT
Who makes a red laser that can withstand the recoil of a 12 gauge shotgun? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Mounting options may be the hard part.

I remember something specific for the Shockwave shotguns so maybe start there. Try Crimson Trace or maybe Laserlyte and see if they make something for whatever shotty you have.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a Mossberg or a Remington the CT Laser Saddle is a great option. I had one on my Shockwave.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/products/laser-sights/lasersaddle/
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Going on a Charles Daly bullpup 12 gauge semi auto. Has rails to put one on. Mounting isn't a problem. But the recoil worries me if it can handle a 12 gauge.

https://www.charlesdaly.com/product.php?id=686
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
While I was waiting on the SBS stamp, I can a laser an my 12ga shockwave.  I just used a truglow handgun laser and stuck it upside down and mounted to a picatinny rail across the top of the receiver.  It held up fine, and I could reach the button to turn in on pretty easily with my firing hand.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
How many rounds have you shot with that tru glow?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few 12ga shotguns and one AOW.
I have surefire forend lights on them. Up close, what is illuminated will be feeling the pain.

Surefire also makes (or made) a LASER module. Unscrew the light module and screw in the LASER. Probably the most rugged solution.
Not inexpensive though.

The LASER is daylight visible. Shooting steel plates from the hip is a breeze and a ton of fun. Particularly with the AOW.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going on a Charles Daly bullpup 12 gauge semi auto. Has rails to put one on. Mounting isn't a problem. But the recoil worries me if it can handle a 12 gauge.

https://www.charlesdaly.com/product.php?id=686
View Quote

I've mounted TLR on a 12GA using a cheap rail thing that goes on the mag-tube. The light survives just fine and stays on but after a few dozen shots, the mount slides on the tube no matter how tight it is. This is my cheapo solution for mounting a light on my no-rail pump shotguns.

A Surefire X300A flies right off the mount after the first shot BTW but the B model stays on.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Introducing the Leapers UTG Compact Green BullDot defensive Laser
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I like that green laser.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top