Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2022 6:33:13 AM EDT
It places an RMR mount at an angle; in my case it would go on an SPR LT104 setup with a NF 2.5-10X42.

Here's a link-- thanks for any input/experience.

Larue half ring RMR adapter
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have and used it on almost the exact same setup. I thought it was an excellent solution.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have and used it on almost the exact same setup. I thought it was an excellent solution.
View Quote
This.  Mine was for an Aimpoint.  Worked very well.

Dialing it in was kind of a bitch though if I remember correctly
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It places an RMR mount at an angle; in my case it would go on an SPR LT104 setup with a NF 2.5-10X42.

Here's a link-- thanks for any input/experience.

Larue half ring RMR adapter
View Quote

The trouble with an RMR mounted to the side of a scope is the RMR is not concentric to the bore and your height above bore will most likely be different which will affect cheek weld.  It can also make it a challenge to zero as the adjustments aren't true to the sight plane.  I much prefer a 35 or 45 degree mount that is attached to the picatinny.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The trouble with an RMR mounted to the side of a scope is the RMR is not concentric to the bore and your height above bore will most likely be different which will affect cheek weld.  It can also make it a challenge to zero as the adjustments aren't true to the sight plane.  I much prefer a 35 or 45 degree mount that is attached to the picatinny.
View Quote

This was my concern, thank you.  I appreciate the input; it's probably a good solution.  Wish you could try these things without dropping so damn much coin.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I used that setup for a while. Works good. Zero with the rifle canted so the RMR adjusts like normal, that’s how you’re gonna be shooting it. I used a 50/200 zero on mine with the expectation that it would be only used for shots inside of 100 and realistically inside of 50. I swapped the  optic and mount and will be using a 12 0’clock mount if I can track one down for a RMR as it’s slightly easier to use with NV but the LaRue 1/2 ring worked fine for that as well. It’s a good option.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a similar setup and am happy with it. No issues zeroing the dot, I just canted the rifle when I zeroed it. I zeroed it at 25 yds, mine is on a .22.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]
One more thing I need
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone used it with scopes with larger turrets like the credo/accupower? I was just wondering if the turrets would obstruct the view.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has anyone used it with scopes with larger turrets like the credo/accupower? I was just wondering if the turrets would obstruct the view.
View Quote

From the pics on LaRue's site, it looks like there's plenty of clearance
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Not bad.

Super easy to twist the gun if you're looking through the scope. Bringing the gun up and having the dot right there will take some more time.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top