Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2023 9:31:39 AM EDT
I have a larue MBT2 on a current lower I have. It's great at that price. Im kind of intrigued by this WMD NIB-X 2 Stage trigger for a new build I am piecing together. Anyone have both they can share their contrasting thoughts on. Basically they are priced the same.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a larue MBT2 on a current lower I have. It's great at that price. Im kind of intrigued by this WMD NIB-X 2 Stage trigger for a new build I am piecing together. Anyone have both they can share their contrasting thoughts on. Basically they are priced the same.
View Quote

Not familiar with the WMD, but it looks like a cast trigger with a coating vs the LaRue which is machined from S7 tool steel.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure all they do is buy triggers in bulk and coat them. I tried one of their single stage ones and it now resides in a drawer. Basically the same thing as all the other sub $100 coated triggers out there and of the 3 different ones I've tried, probably the least impressive. If you can get them both for roughly the same price I'd get the MBT. I have one of those too and it's great for the money. I'd put it between the SSA and the SSA-E. It's definitely not in the same category as the SSA-E, but I like it better than my SSA and it's cheaper too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Have both. MBT all day. The WMB was a weird super short first stage. I don’t like it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I just realized MBT2 has a straight bow version now. Gonna try it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The WMD looks just like the Schmid, PSA, AR-Stoner, etc. model NiB two stage trigger all made by Schmid.  I honestly think they are all identical with possible branding differences.  MBT all day in that price category.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me start off by saying I am not a trigger snob, when you get to the Larue MBT level and above it becomes a splitting hair exercise.  I cant see how anything can be better than a $90 Larue MBT.  I have a bunch of them and bought many at the 5 for $70 each.  I still have six or seven in the original round cans for back up.

Asking me to tell the difference between a $350 Geissele and a $90 Larue is like blindfolding me and asking me to tell the difference between the white and black paint, not going to happen

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The WMD looks just like the Schmid, PSA, AR-Stoner, etc. model NiB two stage trigger all made by Schmid.  I honestly think they are all identical with possible branding differences.  MBT all day in that price category.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct. This NIB two stage is a commonly rebranded Schmid. I’ve owned this trigger and a MBT2. It lacks the consistent refined crisp that you feel with the MBT2. If you were to close your eyes and test both triggers you can definitely tell the difference. They were interesting when PSA was selling them for $69. But at $99 they are not worth it when compared to the MBT2.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top