Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 12:33:19 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with the LaRue ultimate upper kit? Seems like a good value; I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

I am close to jumping on one for 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't had one of those specifically, but I have a Stealth upper, buddy has a Stealth upper, another buddy has the OBR, and I've got several scope and Aimpoint mounts from them.  Pretty much anything is GTG in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you’re gonna do it I would order today. They are about 4-6 months right now for delivery from what I understand. They won’t charge your card until it ships so you’re out nothing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't had one of those specifically, but I have a Stealth upper, buddy has a Stealth upper, another buddy has the OBR, and I've got several scope and Aimpoint mounts from them.  Pretty much anything is GTG in my experience.
View Quote
I went with the Stealth because I wanted to use a Midwest handguard.  No regrets.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it's the best value out there and is my current recommendation to anybody looking to get an AR. The downside is the current lead times but they are getting pumped out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes!  I had one in 6.5 Grendel.  It was a tack driver.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one that I haven’t bothered to build yet but I did inspect the hardware and it’s is very nice quality. So ya GTG but order one now if you can the delivery takes a bit of time. Mine was about 3 months.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered one today.  Everything I've read is that they are GTG especially for the money.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think it's the best value out there and is my current recommendation to anybody looking to get an AR. The downside is the current lead times but they are getting pumped out.
View Quote

What @Outrider said, the best value for the money and I can assure you, it is built just as good as my $2400 Larue 556 OBR....

Mine was printing .75" at 50 yards with 193 ammo and a EOTech optic. I am not a good shot and I feel very confidet it will be 1 MOA or less at 100 yards with a magnified optic.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered one today as well with a lower.  The wait begins
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
They're GTG, OP.  Both the large frame and the small frame.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Only thing I’m worried about is if we will actually get it considering the long wait time. No telling what’s going to happen when Sleepy Joe takes office. If he pushes everything through like he wants then there’s a good chance LaRue will not be able to sell their items. Crossing my fingers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Only thing I’m worried about is if we will actually get it considering the long wait time. No telling what’s going to happen when Sleepy Joe takes office. If he pushes everything through like he wants then there’s a good chance LaRue will not be able to sell their items. Crossing my fingers.
View Quote

It's not a complete rifle, just parts.
Shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
No UU experience though my buddy ordered one a month or so ago.

I do however own a OBR 7.62, PredatAR 5.56, 2 stealths and a bunch of mounts.

Buy with confidence... LaRue makes solid gear.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anybody have any experience with the LaRue ultimate upper kit? Seems like a good value; I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

I am close to jumping on one for 5.56.
View Quote

As mentioned I would get on it now considering they are quoting 4-6 months. You can have a complete rifle for $1000 if you go ahead and order the lower as well. I currently have a 12in upper on order and my lower will be delivered tomorrow. I have had a 14.5in Larue upper that was a tack driver as well as a complete 6.5 Grendel from them and it shot well also.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I say Go or it !! I got my 14.5 in 556 a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Have to be honest though. Haven't shot it yet but have cleared the house NUMEROUS times lol. Seems solid as a rock and liked it so much I've ordered the 12" upper for a pistol build. As far as the wait time goes, I guess I was lucky. Mine took right at 8 weeks ish. I think you'll be very satisfied. Good luck OP
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What he said. Great To Go!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I want one, but don’t want to spend $800 and wished they had longer rail than a 13inch
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have one that I haven’t bothered to build yet but I did inspect the hardware and it’s is very nice quality. So ya GTG but order one now if you can the delivery takes a bit of time. Mine was about 3 months.
View Quote

@m200maker Want to sell?

OP, my LaRue 7.62 kit has been gtg and a buddies 300blk kit seems gtg. I have a 12” kit on the way. Hopefully soon, been waiting since Sept. if you order now, I would suggest selecting black polymer as it seems to ship fastest. There is a thread in the LaRue forum that people use to track what spec UU kits are currently shipping.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Great value shooter. Uppers are backed up a bunch but you should get a lower in a month or 2.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Lowers are shipping within 2 weeks of ordering pretty consistently. Order mine on the 2nd and I’ll get it tomorrow. Rights now it’s the uppers taking time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I really can’t justify any other AR these days, the quality and what you get for the money is incredible. I got one earlier this year, have another on order and I’ve convinced several friends/family members to get them. I don't know if Mark is just not making much money on these or if markup on guns is that ridiculous, but I’m sure the fact that they sell direct without the middlemen helps.

If you’re on Instagram it’s worth it to follow them, you can see the extra steps and machining they put into their products that most people wouldn’t realize but they do it because they want to produce the best product. It really is crazy that their $1000 rifles have basically all/most parts made in house where plenty of $1500+ rifles are essentially just assembled by the manufacturer with parts produced elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:38:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I built one for the wife last year and the value is ridiculously good, especially compared to the PSAs and other budget kits out there.  The bcg is slick and cycles smoothly when using the charging handle. You also get a great trigger!  Factor in other features like the muzzle device and premium barrel and you quickly realize the UU kit is a real winner! The only things I changed were the pistol grip and stock to my wife's preferred models, along with a heavier buffer. I would have spent much more to build this quality of rifle using any other kit.

And speaking of the triggers, you can get a five pack of them for only $70 per. A highly recommended upgrade for all your rifles that don't have Geissele SSAs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have the 12” 5.56 version? That’s what is calling my name the most right now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone have the 12” 5.56 version? That’s what is calling my name the most right now.
View Quote

I almost ordered it yesterday but ended up going with the 14.5 pin and weld instead.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Shouldn't be a problem.
View Quote

Thought the same thing until i read this from his plan to end gun violence.  "End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thought the same thing until i read this from his plan to end gun violence.  "End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shouldn't be a problem.

That just strengthens the argument to place the order now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#28]
So they don’t charge your credit card until it ships, correct? If so, this seems like a no brainer to jump on the waitlist asap.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So they don’t charge your credit card until it ships, correct? If so, this seems like a no brainer to jump on the waitlist asap.
View Quote

Correct that they don't charge your card until it ships.  Placed order yesterday and now waiting with my fingers crossed hoping that it ships before/if Sleepy Joe gets his way.  Wish I would have ordered months ago.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@m200maker Want to sell?

OP, my LaRue 7.62 kit has been gtg and a buddies 300blk kit seems gtg. I have a 12” kit on the way. Hopefully soon, been waiting since Sept. if you order now, I would suggest selecting black polymer as it seems to ship fastest. There is a thread in the LaRue forum that people use to track what spec UU kits are currently shipping.
View Quote

Thanks anyhow but I’m gunna build it tomorrow. I’ve been wanting one for a very long time. You will be happy with your UU when you get it. It’s well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Waiting on my second one. This one is in 5.56 with 18" Stealth barrel. First one was 6.5 Grendel. They are GTG.

Handloads at 100 yds with the Grendel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Placed an order for the 12” 5.56 kit with a stripped lower as well. Seems like a low risk high reward purchase for a $1000
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Its a bargain at the current pricing but ya gotta wait for it to ship
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#34]
They told me build time is about 6 months when I called yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#35]
It is an unique design and you are stuck either proprietary rail. Not a bad thing, but limiting.  One thing I have thought was a huge oversight is the fit at the rear with the lower show zero design.  Large gaps and not really designed for each other.  It works, but poor design
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top