BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They are fantastic triggers at any price and are a steal at $87.
View Quote
Quoted:
Bottom line, for $87 the MBT is the best option on the market.
View Quote
Quoted:

For $87 I might have to get one or two more.
View Quote
Quoted:
I have several and cant fight the urge to buy more at $87 bucks!
View Quote
So price is far and away the top feature of this trigger. At $87 it's an amazing trigger. At $125 will it be a pretty good trigger and at anything higher just kind of another trigger?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have hands on time with this trigger? I've always used Geissele triggers, l but for $85 I am thinking about giving this one a try. How do they compare?
View Quote
Yes. I own two Geissele and own/use the LaRue MBT in multiple guns...both companies make excellent triggers. I have 3 more MBTs ready to be installed and 2 on order with LaRue ATM.

This thread will probably turn into a shit show like always.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So price is far and away the top feature of this trigger. At $87 it's an amazing trigger. At $125 will it be a pretty good trigger and at anything higher just kind of another trigger?
View Quote
Sorta disagree. At $87 it curbstomps. At $187 it competes.

Imo it trades blows with my sd-c and clobbers my g2s

I think people showcase the price because, let’s face it, for a great trigger that’s cheap. But even if it was more in line price wise with other great triggers people would still recommend it.

It really is a great trigger if you like the wider trigger face.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Gave it 30 rounds and sold it on the EE and bought an ALG ACT.  Go Geissele or go home.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gave it 30 rounds and sold it on the EE and bought an ALG ACT.  Go Geissele or go home.
View Quote
See OP?  This is why you should try both.  Frank obviously didn’t like it and goes Geissele. I’m the opposite.

You won’t lose money. Buy off EE and sell the one you don’t like back on EE
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's an amazing trigger. Period. Just buy it and stop over analyzing it. You have what we call "analysis for paralysis".

Use the heavier spring for a faster reset if the gun will be for home defense. The lighter spring is for precision shooting.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The ACT is basically a stock trigger. They don't compare to the MBT at all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Other than the stage difference, how do they compare to a Hiperfire EDT or EDT2 for a HD gun?

The above go on sale for $65-75 every few months it seems.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorta disagree. At $87 it curbstomps. At $187 it competes.

Imo it trades blows with my sd-c and clobbers my g2s

I think people showcase the price because, let’s face it, for a great trigger that’s cheap. But even if it was more in line price wise with other great triggers people would still recommend it.

It really is a great trigger if you like the wider trigger face.
View Quote
This is why the great trigger war is so stupid. I find the my two broken in G2S triggers to be far superior to my MBT-2S. It's all opinion and personal preference. Maybe once my MBT-2S' are broken in things will change.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is why the great trigger war is so stupid. I find the my two broken in G2S triggers to be far superior to my MBT-2S. It's all opinion and personal preference. Maybe once my MBT-2S' are broken in things will change.
View Quote
Yup. Gotta try them for yourself. Should be a big banner across the site lol.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Price is definitely a big factor.  It did take some time for me to discern the differences between the triggers, albeit minute.  But, after paying what I did for my SSA then buying my first MBT I experienced a little buyers remorse.  SSA is a nice trigger and I will obviously be keeping it in my gun.  Dollar for dollar the triggers felt the same to me (same as my G2S also) and one had a G stamped on it and cost a hell of a lot more.  In the end, rather than buy more G triggers why would I not buy more MBT's? Ive swapped all the GI triggers out for MBT's in my guns.  Im up to 5 of them now.

I dont have near the seat time with my guns like some do.  But I am more than happy with the LaRues.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I had an SSA and SSA-E.

I prefer the MBT2S now, but that doesn't mean the SSA/-E are bad choices.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I have  G2S and 4 MBT's. All are good but I shoot the MBT in my primary lower with all calibers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
After 20+ years shooting ARs of all different makes and variations Ive gone back to two things, single stage "stock" triggers and GI mags.  I guarantee you I can shoot a GI trigger equipped rifle better than 90% of people with a similarly equipped rifle with an MBT.  Don't get confused thinking that just because its a 2-stage, that its automatically "better".
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After 20+ years shooting ARs of all different makes and variations Ive gone back to two things, single stage "stock" triggers and GI mags.  I guarantee you I can shoot a GI trigger equipped rifle better than 90% of people with a similarly equipped rifle with an MBT.  Don't get confused thinking that just because its a 2-stage, that its automatically "better".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get confused thinking that shooting for 20+ years equals 20 years of experience.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
And this is how these threads turn to shit slinging.

Not saying there is anything wrong with you preferring an ACT. You obviously prefer a heavy stock-like single stage trigger. But let’s not compare an ACT to an MBT. If you want to “go Geissele or go home” at least compare the MBT to the SSA. Not an ALG mil-spec trigger that has been nickel Teflon coated.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Excellent trigger. Best deal out there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah and you’d shoot better with a better trigger. There is no denying it. These triggers are miles better than stock triggers.

It’s a trolls errand to try and argue otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Now if Larue would just make one for LG pin Colts... I know I say it every thread...
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#22]
For $87, it is a great deal.  I got 2 on order to check out.  My baseline of good 2-stage trigger has been RRA varmint 3.5 (similar price point).
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Love 'em. Already owned two of them and when they went on sale I got with my shooting buddies and we did a group buy of 9 to save on shipping. Unfortunately I didn't win the upper though...:(
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I have 3 and will be ordering 3 more. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had a great number of triggers on the market. The amount spent and time taken even makes my head spin. Just for reference I've had and used

Single stage: standard (from at least half a dozen companies),  Velocity, JMT

Two stage: RRA, CMMG, Armalite Match, KAC Match, Geiselle (multiple models,  but not the HSNM), AR Gold, LaRue, CMC, Timney, Elftmann Match and Triggertech.

There may be others I've forgotten.

Two stage triggers,  there are a lot of good ones out there. Specifically to your question, the MBT-2S was something I decided to try. I was also looking to standardize on my precision rifles. From the comments here I bought 4 ranging in price from $129-$99 (two at each). In the end,  didn't like any of them as they didn't fit what I was looking for.  Long takeup a little heavier than some,  good break (one of its better attributes), some overtravel,  long weak reset that was really gritty (even though cleaned and greased), good reset (nice tactile and audible). The bow wasn't bad,  but it's wide and edges are sharp and clean. I've said before for me it felt chunky and clunky. Not saying it was bad,  just not what I was looking for. None made it to be kept any of my rifles.

The best advice you're receiving is to try as many as you can. I always let people at the range try any of mine with the express hope that maybe it'll save them a little time and/or money. Most of the triggers I've kept have ended up being the drop in cassette type. A lot of a trigger is personal preference and personal feel for the shooter. Take the advice and try many if you can.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cyber Monday the G2S on sale at Giessele for $99 and a G2S with the Giessele Charging handle for $140 with both free shipping. Nothing to say bad about the MBT (Larue makes great products) but, I'm a fan of Bill Giessele's philosophy and products and %100 trust his products. Also I like that G symbol on my triggers. I will use ACT or QMS for any milspec upgrades. But the MBT for $87 is like having a budget 2 stage that's not budget quality.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cyber Monday the G2S on sale at Giessele for $99 and a G2S with the Giessele Charging handle for $140 with both free shipping. Nothing to say bad about the MBT (Larue makes great products) but, I'm a fan of Bill Giessele's philosophy and products and %100 trust his products. Also I like that G symbol on my triggers. I will use ACT or QMS for any milspec upgrades. But the MBT for $87 is like having a budget 2 stage that's not budget quality.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Just installed my first one in my latest build, havent live fired it yet, but dry fire, dayum it's nice. Will buy another.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Just installed my 2nd MBT. I’m torn between the light and heavy springs. I guess I’ll need a 3rd to break the tie
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:36:51 AM EDT
[#31]
They hit above their weight class is all I can say. Never had any failures with them, and I would put them in a serious use rifle. I have some triggers that are close to the 300 dollar mark that I use in competition, and I'll just say that they aren't 3x as good as LaRue MBT. The MBT's are really something special for what they cost.

If I had to describe how they feel it's a very smooth take-up (not ultra smooth but it's damn close) with a break that is in between candy-cane and icicle. There is typically SLIGHT creep before the break, and I mean you really have to pay attention to even feel the creep. Very little over-travel as well. The trigger face is a bit unique, but I am indifferent about it. It neither bothers me nor do I feel it gives me an advantage over a tradition trigger face such as what Geissele uses. However I prefer the flat faced triggers such as what Triggertech uses. The reset as others have said leaves something to be desired. It is positive, and I have no trouble recognizing it, but it does not reset like some of the other higher-end triggers I own. If you use the heavier spring this becomes less of an issue, if it even was an issue in the first place.

The coating on these are excellent. I have around 2.5k rounds through my most-used one and it still looks fresh besides the obviously hammer-face wear which is typical of any trigger.

All in all I would never hesitate to buy one. I prefer them over most Geisseles minus the SSA-E and the NM and that is saying something because I am actually somewhat of a fanboy for them. The biggest thing I always say is to keep in mind triggers are subjective. Not everyone feels them the same, sort of like the old flat vs. curved trigger face argument. There is definitely a measurable numeric value between trigger performance, but sometimes numbers aren't everything and you just need to get behind one to see what it's all about.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I just got my trigger yesterday and installed it last night. From dry firing it i like the mbt over the ssa-e, the mbt to me has less travel and a crisper break.  I will be buying more mbt's I hope the price doesn't go up to much after the sale ends.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:01:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Very good value.  Buy with confidence
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Several of the previous MBT buyers are getting one free from LaRue for being early Trigger-AdoptARs. Got my shipping notice.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I have nine of them.  Sold Geiselle’s to buy MBT’s.  For the price you can’t beat them.  But I have found a better trigger.  A KAC two stage is outstanding but you can get three $87 MBT’s for the price of a KAC.

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#36]
For a 2-stage I like the MBT; for single-stage and what I use them for, I've never felt the need for anything more than an ALG ACT or BCM PNT.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#37]
A few hundred rounds with one in a 20" UU 5.56 kit. Good trigger, especially for the money. It's not an SSA-E, but if you're not going back and forth between different triggers I dont think you would miss it. Have never used an SSA so I can't compare.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I ordered one yesterday. I didn't get the " I'm in a hurry" or "okay to ship later" dialogue. Did they catch up production?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#39]
MBT is my go-to trigger. Function is great and price is right.

Also use Geissele, BCM PNT, ALG, RTB, OEM triggers but MBT is in most of my rifles and the wider bow is also to my liking.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I ordered 2 of them last night. By the time I get them I will have forgot about them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#41]
My one and only MBT showed up finally, wrapped in tissue paper gift wrap.  The ol' lady thought I bought her something

Guess I better install it, and see what all the fuss is about...
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Any word on the flat triggers?  I need to order some before Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I ordered 2 of them last night. By the time I get them I will have forgot about them.
View Quote
My buddy ordered a few with a notice on lead time, he got a shipping notice 2 days later.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any word on the flat triggers?  I need to order some before Christmas!
View Quote
I was hoping to order 2 flat triggers while they were still on sale!
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#45]
I pulled every trigger i had from my factory guns ,Stock colts to bill g triggers in my larues and replaced them with mbt's,at 87 bucks even my sig mpx sports a mbt trigger. I like the feel and the consistency of the mbt.
I also like what mark does for the shooting community,from nolo Dillo's to holding prices after sandy hook along with top notch quality mounts and rifles, support of USA products and the great state of Texas ill support his company till im too old to buy guns.

Take it from a guy with a bunch they are a great trigger at 150.00 and a downright steal at 87.00

Pete
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Got one installed and have been giving it a shot. I'd say it's probably the best budget trigger on the market.

Will it be replacing my Wilson and Rock River, etc? No, but it is a good trigger.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Best trigger under $125 I've bought. Saying that, if I want a true match trigger I like the Geissele SSA-E or B-GRF.

I am not an all or nothing guy. I like each of those I listed for different reasons. All good values at their price. I have to say the MBT-2S is a great deal at $87.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I ordered one on 11/29, it says back ordered when I check it on their site.  Looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Best trigger under $125 I've bought. Saying that, if I want a true match trigger I like the Geissele SSA-E or B-GRF.

I am not an all or nothing guy. I like each of those I listed for different reasons. All good values at their price. I have to say the MBT-2S is a great deal at $87.
View Quote
I've shot SSA-Es and MBTs since they both came out and I have yet to see a significant difference between the two.   If anything the MBTs are are more consistent trigger.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've shot SSA-Es and MBTs since they both came out and I have yet to see a significant difference between the two.   If anything the MBTs are are more consistent trigger.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my SSA-E has noticeable creep. My MBT does not.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top