Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2021 2:02:17 PM EDT
Weren't these $139 not too long ago?

Just went to order one and noticed that they jacked the price up to $199???
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that sucks I should have got a second one before they jacked it up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand a slight occasional increase to accommodate for market conditions / manufacturing costs but I'm assuming that they were making a decent profit at $139 so a 43% increase seems pretty dramatic.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, that sucks, but I can’t say I blame them. The 204 was the best QD value around bar none. I picked up a spare just to have a spare. Now I wish I got a few more.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, that sucks, but I can’t say I blame them. The 204 was the best QD value around bar none. I picked up a spare just to have a spare. Now I wish I got a few more.
View Quote

At $139, they were the easy/pretty much no brainer choice. At $199, the are other options.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I recall their web page stated that it was listed at a reduced price for a limited time. Time's up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

At $139, they were the easy/pretty much no brainer choice. At $199, the are other options.
View Quote

I'm not sure why anyone would think that. The C.A.N. mount was a much needed innovation/improvement over the SPR LT104 mount also considering what the price WAS. Seeing how the SPR LT104 is $210 and requires a tool to adjust ... the C.A.N. mount is still a no brainer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why anyone would think that. The C.A.N. mount was a much needed innovation/improvement over the SPR LT104 mount also considering what the price WAS. Seeing how the SPR LT104 is $210 and requires a tool to adjust ... the C.A.N. mount is still a no brainer.
View Quote

The website may have said that the $139 price was a limited time offer...I didn't notice that.

And while you may think that it's still a no brainer at $199, I'll consider other options.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I was recently looking for a QD mount and this was at the top of the list.

I bought a ADM Recon because I found a Black Friday sale for $125 shipped but there really wasn't a better deal out there than the LT204

Even though people in this thread are bitching a bit I'd say $199 is still lower than their competition's MSRP

Edit: just took a look and although doesn't look lower I'd say it's now on par;
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Not bitching... yeah, i guess I'm bitching...nonetheless, simply stating the obvious...

$139 = easy choice...buy the Larue LT204 CAN

$199 = consider other options

I wish the price was still $139.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not bitching... yeah, i guess I'm bitching...nonetheless, simply stating the obvious...

View Quote

When I was looking in Nov I saw the price was "limited time" so I put one in my cart.

Then when I went to read reviews I saw someone mention this "limited price" of 139 in a post dated several years ago (think it was 2017) so all of a sudden I felt like they were trying to "scam" me and I started looking elsewhere

Funny how that works.

FYI didn't mean anything targeted/derogatory in terms of "bitching"! I'd be bitching too.

If you're not in an urgent need I'd just keep an eye on the EE. I see these for 125 fairly regularly.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I recall their web page stated that it was listed at a reduced price for a limited time. Time's up.
View Quote

This... which is why I bought 2
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I figured the “limited time” thing was just marketing I recall them saying somewhere that the 204 was considerably more cost efficient to make, which was part of that estimation though. Whether it’s cheaper to make or not, I guess I don’t blame them for wanting to maximize profit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I love Larue products.  I discovered the price increase about a week ago.  As a result, I bought the Badger Condition One instead.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a couple C.A.N. mounts. It was $139 for years. I probably won't buy one for $200.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got my UU kit in the mail, and decided to grab another LT204 for it; bad timing!

What's another good QD mount for less than the LT204 is currently?  I'm always up for something new.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Problem is, Op, other QD options are also pushing two bills.  Midwest Industries and ADM around $180.  
Daniel Defense has a 5.5 oz mount, $160, but it’s not QD.
Even Aero mounts are pushing a hundred bucks.  

Dang, salad days are over.  Wish i would have picked up a few more LT204’s during their BF sale couple years back.  $111.17 each.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the CAN version is unnecessary.  You only need to adjust the nuts once when you fit the mount to your upper.  No big deal that it takes a tool.  After that, you leave the nuts alone.  

No reason for the CAN version.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think the CAN version is unnecessary.  You only need to adjust the nuts once when you fit the mount to your upper.  No big deal that it takes a tool.  After that, you leave the nuts alone.  

View Quote

Did you ever read the REASON for the CAN mount on LaRue's website? LaRue's mounts are pretty much the only brand of mount that I can think of that requires a tool to adjust it from rail to rail. Yeah, there is a REASON.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did you ever read the REASON for the CAN mount on LaRue's website? LaRue's mounts are pretty much the only brand of mount that I can think of that requires a tool to adjust it from rail to rail. Yeah, there is a REASON.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason for the CAN mount is the military required scope mounts to be adjustable without a tool to bid on contracts. Now some bought LaRue mounts on their own.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
The REASON is stupid.  It was the attempt to bypass Larue by a competitor to win a contract.  I sell to the government.  It is the oldest trick in the world - mandate a spec you know your opponent can’t meet.  It is called a “lockout spec”.

Larue put this in to avoid being locked out.  That doesn’t mean it is a good idea.

Back to my original claim.  The CAN is unnecessary.  Especially for a military contract.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve heard of Larue QD adjustments working themselves loose. I haven’t ever experienced it, but it’s been said by a few members over the years. The 204’s detent system would seem to mitigate that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, as an average Joe civilian consumer that moves scopes from gun to gun, I CAN appreciate the tool less adjustment .. because I CAN - bada-bing!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, as an average Joe civilian consumer that moves scopes from gun to gun, I CAN appreciate the tool less adjustment .. because I CAN - bada-bing!
View Quote

This is definitely an added bonus. You can do that with the OG mount system I guess with witness marks, but I’d much rather remember the amount of adjustment clicks between rifles. Especially since they’re supposed to (and I don’t know why they wouldn’t) be repeatable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I too noticed the increase when I had funds.
Bought an ADM on sale

Was really hoping for the Larue but can't blame them
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top