Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2022 4:47:42 PM EDT
Folks, I have a new LWRC, IC, Fully Ambidextrous Complete Lower Receiver that I picked up at local GS to use for a Larue 6.5 Grendel upper I purchased a while back. The fit is very tight but when both pins are in I cannot pulled the charging handle to the rear.

Is there something obvious that I am missing? Like hey John, you are stupid- that lower and upper are not meant to go together.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I have 2 of these uppers and one is for an LWRC piston upper and I can use the one meant for the Grendel on a build I am considering.

I feel like I am missing something very obvious here but they just do not work together. It does work with a few of the AR15 uppers I have tried.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you are trying to pull the charging handle to the rear, the charging handle has to clear over the top of the stock system, and the bolt carrier has to go rearward into the buffer tube (Receiver extension).

So first make sure that there is nothing obstructing the charging handle from going rearward.  

If the receiver has a collapsible stock, there is a locking plate (Some people swap these out for a sling mounting plate), which this plate butts up against that back of the lower receiver and is pushed forward by a spanner nut (Sometimes referred to as a castle nut or lock ring), the charging handles must be able to move freely over the top of this plate when you manually cycle the action.  A simple check for this is to remove the bolt carrier assembly, then leave the charging handle in the upper receiver by itself and close the upper & lower receivers and pin them, then try to manually cycle the charging handle rearward and it should be freely and easily with no resistance as you manually cycle it over the top of the locking plate.

If the charging handle clears the locking plate, then I would check to see if the bolt carrier is in proper alignment with the buffer, as the bolt carrier needs to go rearward into the buffer tube.  Without seeing your actual set up, I am guessing, in theory the bolt carrier should properly align so it can go back into the center of the buffer tube, but since you have a mix of brands it is something to check to see if something is not aligning correctly.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

Sorry been away for work unexpectedly didn't see this. Thank you for the reply. I'll check it out this weekend. I was diagnosed with cancer last week and sorting that out. I really do appreciate your thorough response.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top