Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2019 10:03:24 PM EDT
What ever happened to the LWRC forum that they used to have up? I imagine that would have been a useful resource for the hundreds of thousands of LWRC rifle owners out there right now, including me. I've tried researching other websites to find if LWRC owners have migrated somewhere else, to no avail. Not to mention, there doesn't seem to be much information out there (in regards to disassembling their ambi mag release, ambi bolt catch/release, and other maintenance-related topics) on Google or YouTube, and their owner manuals are pretty minimalistic, from what I've seen. I'd like to start, or at least find, myself a community of LWRC owners (preferably those that own their direct impingement models) that I could reach out to. Could someone point me in the right direction?

For starters, here are a couple of LWRC-related questions that you guys could possibly help me out with, in order to get me more familiar with the rifle (I want to learn as much as possible but some of their proprietary parts make it difficult to apply traditional methods of assemble/disassembly).

1. Does anyone know if LWRC still pins and welds their flash hiders? I have the M6IC DI model with a 16.1 inch barrel and I can't, for the life of me, seem to figure out where they have pinned and welded the FH. I'd like to possibly put a muzzle break on it in the future. I live in California, if that makes a difference (they have CA compliant rifles too).

2. Is disassembly of their mag release/mag catch standard? They have that big paddle on the left side of the rifle, attached to the mag catch, and I can't seem to push the mag release button far enough in to clear the left side of the rifle in order to rotate the mag catch. To be fair though, I wasn't trying very hard either.

3. The left side bolt release/catch seems to be standard installation. The right side bolt release/catch however seems to have a roll pin in the center of the bolt catch - not quite sure how someone would go about installing/removing it (I've never built any ARs before/this is my first rifle/much of LWRC's builds are in-house and I'm not sure how they do it).

None of this information is a necessity, guys, I suppose. I would like to be able to learn as much as possible about the LWRC DI, however, especially if I ever need to replace any parts (might buy extra parts in case of SHTF/no longer able to buy parts kits/items cause Commifornia).
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about 2 and 3 but I can tell you that my 16" DI LWRC flash hider is not permanently attached.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure about 2 and 3 but I can tell you that my 16" DI LWRC flash hider is not permanently attached.
View Quote
That is very good news for me, then.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
They quit paying.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
They migrated to Facebook and have an owners group there.

Sadly the group doesn't take kindly to constructive criticism but you'll find people there willing to help answer random LWRC questions and even give detailed information on how to take apart the LWRC bolt catch/mag release.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They migrated to Facebook and have an owners group there.

Sadly the group doesn't take kindly to constructive criticism but you'll find people there willing to help answer random LWRC questions and even give detailed information on how to take apart the LWRC bolt catch/mag release.
View Quote
Thank you. I'll check it out and let you know how it goes! Sadly, I haven't had much luck with facebook groups in the past, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]
What happens to all the information that is in an industry section when the partnership ends?  Does it get moved to a general section or get deleted?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They quit paying.
View Quote
Was OP talking about here or was he referring to the LWRC forum that LWRC had and was running, http://forum.lwrci.com? Because that website forum is also gone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was OP talking about here or was he referring to the LWRC forum that LWRC had and was running, http://forum.lwrci.com? Because that website forum is also gone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They quit paying.
Pretty sure he was talking about their actual website forum and not a sub-forum here. I don't believe they've ever had one here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pretty sure he was talking about their actual website forum and not a sub-forum here. I don't believe they've ever had one here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They quit paying.
Initially, I was referring to the forum that LWRC used to have on their website, not the one they had on arfcom. Wasn't aware they used to have one on here as well?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Initially, I was referring to the forum that LWRC used to have on their website, not the one they had on arfcom. Wasn't aware they used to have one on here as well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They quit paying.
They did and they stopped paying for it so it's not here anymore.

I spoke to one of their employees and be mentioned they might someday pay for it again but not now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They did and they stopped paying for it so it's not here anymore.

I spoke to one of their employees and be mentioned they might someday pay for it again but not now.
View Quote
Neat.. and unusual. I'll be waiting for it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top