Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2020 8:48:48 AM EDT
LGS has one for sale..."used" but it looks un-fired.   I would be in it for around $1550.

It is this model here.

Considering the fact that it has proprietary parts on it and I would need to invest in spares etc.  Is it worth buying it if I would not be suppressing it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh. It’s a great price considering what they usually retail for. Proprietary parts are a concern for sure but the only drawback to be with the LWRC is the rail/hand guards. As soon as they release something in MLOK for the piston guns like they did with the DI guns then I’d be a buyer for a complete gun. Unless you’re doing mag dumps/shooting full auto or suppressing a lot then I don’t see the need.

If you want an LWRC (they make the best ambi receivers IMO) then save some money and just buy their DI gun with the MLOK rail for $1100-ish. I bought and later sold mine with the proprietary rail for $900 last year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Assuming you are posting here because you want a piston gun, I would FO.

I own both their piston and DI guns; all run great. They run good sales on spare parts occasionally.

I have other guns that have proprietary parts, yet I manage to survive.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i have the SPR version without the adjustable gas block. its a solid rifle and i shoot the piss out of it, over 4000 rounds so far with zero issues. not even a FTF from old GI mags.

they are a heavy pig because of that barrel and rail buts its a solid rifle and very accurate. it also shoots most ammo to about the nearly the same POA out to 50 yards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
For that price, and if in the condition you claim, buy it.  A no brainer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an LWRC IC and love it.  Get a few extra piston springs as replacements.  Though I've never needed to replace the springs yet.  Had this gun for 5 years
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
From the context “FO” sounds like to go ahead and purchase or grab it but what exactly does FO stand for?  The only FO I’m familiar with is “F*#k Off”.  What am I missing?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the context “FO” sounds like to go ahead and purchase or grab it but what exactly does FO stand for?  The only FO I’m familiar with is “F*#k Off”.  What am I missing?
View Quote
Well this isnt GD but it's an inside joke amongst the forum.  Ask your question in GD and you might get an answer.    might be able to do a search for the origin of FO also.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Guess that explains it...I’m almost never in the General Discussions area.

***Nothing comes up in search, or I suck at search.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guess that explains it...I'm almost never in the General Discussions area.

View Quote
Years ago a guy in GD (Shawnofthedead) was asking about going to an orgy or something.  His last post was "f@#k it, I'm foing"  It has been an arfcom thing ever since.

I did not get it....guy beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Years ago a guy in GD (Shawnofthedead) was asking about going to an orgy or something.  His last post was "f@#k it, I'm foing"  It has been an arfcom thing ever since.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess that explains it...I'm almost never in the General Discussions area.

Sorry to hear it but thanks for the explanation....was driving me nuts trying to figure it out
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I would get it, I have the spr version and it’s a awesome gun. Never an issue
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Great gun and a good price..   Never had had problems getting parts from LWRC.   They replaced my barrel in about 3 week turn around during the holidays.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Great gun. I have the same one in brown and I paid ALOT more than that for it.

They are great guns. I would definitely pick it up
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top