Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 11:43:50 PM EDT
I'm currently running an mro and magnifier. I'm thinking of changing it out because I have shitty eyes. I'm thinking about a LPVO, but don't know which. My budget is around the price of an mro/ g33 setup 600-700$ area. I'd like to get a 1-4 or 1-6. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You gonna hold over, or dial in? Need illumination? What are your common targets?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I would look into a Trijicon TR24 1-4. I know they're a little bit older but they're great. I have a 1-8 accupower, VCOG, and have time behind my buddy's Mk6 and Razor. The TR24 is great on weight, simple reticle, and it can be found used or on gun broker for your price range. I have two TR24's one green triangle and one green german crosshair. The green triangle is my favorite general purpose reticle. Yes it is not ideal for distance but for 0-300 man size it's awesome.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
My usual range is out to 300, and in sun light, so illumination is helpful. I'd like to have a BDC but honestly doesn't matter too much as I'm only planning to shoot to 300m.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm really liking my Vortex Viper PST G2 1-6. It's a bit hefty but the glass is pretty decent as is the 1x FOV. It only comes in a MIL or MOA reticle though. Illumination is daylight bright.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm really liking my Vortex Viper PST G2 1-6. It's a bit hefty but the glass is pretty decent as is the 1x FOV. It only comes in a MIL or MOA reticle though. Illumination is daylight bright.
View Quote
This, or Steiner P4Xi.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Steiner P4xi. Good glass, daylight bright illumination, and pretty close to a true 1x.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any fisheye at 1X?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have any experience on the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 with the .223 bdc?

From inRangeTV's "What Would Stoner Do" Project, Karl chose the Accupoint 1-4. Is the Accupoint and Accupower comparable in means of glass, FOV, Eye Relief? If so, the Accupoint fixes a lot of his problems mainly the reticle problem. I'd rather have the Accupower with a new reticle myself, something about the Dual Illumination.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience on the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 with the .223 bdc?

From inRangeTV's "What Would Stoner Do" Project, Karl chose the Accupoint 1-4. Is the Accupoint and Accupower comparable in means of glass, FOV, Eye Relief? If so, the Accupoint fixes a lot of his problems mainly the reticle problem. I'd rather have the Accupower with a new reticle myself, something about the Dual Illumination.
View Quote
Very nice scope. It's been well noted on this forum that the reticle is not daylight bright but the bold Eotech kind of broken up circle around the crosshair works extremely well for close up shooting IME. I believe Trijicon used good Japanese glass in them. I haven't owned one in awhile but I do remember the glass being pretty nice. The 1x FOV is smaller compared to most of the newer 1-4s and 1-6x optics (i.e. Accupower has 97 ft vs 106 ft on P4xi) not sure how much of an issue that makes if you use both eyes open shooting on 1x though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Any fisheye at 1X?
View Quote
I dont notice any with the focus piece flush to the scope tube
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Steiner P4xi. Good glass, daylight bright illumination, and pretty close to a true 1x.
View Quote
Coming from some of the older 1-4s in the price range (Burris Tac30, Vortex PST 1-4) the P4xi is a big step up and really quite good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd probably go P4xi
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This, or Steiner P4Xi.
The two above would absolutely be my choices, with the edge to the Vortex for the greater magnification.

I use a Vortex Razor Gen2 1-6 with JM1 BDC reticle, and I smile every time I use it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top