Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2021 1:29:43 PM EDT
So I have a completed 11.5 upper sitting with no optic. I was going to put an EOTech on it, but I have decided to go the LPVO route instead. I have held a Vortex Razor Gen III - it's nice, but my drawback is the price. I recently read the reviews of the Trijicon Credo HX line that stated the reticle and scope was much better than the previous Credo's. The Pro is it’s cheaper the con would be I am loosing 2x? On an 11.5 is that really going to mean a lot?

I am trying to figure out if the 2x difference is going to be worth the price difference. I am not sure if anyone has both scopes or experience with both can chime in? I think both glass is Japanese so it would be a wash.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the credo HX, if it does indeed sport a daylight bright dot, would work nicely on an 11.5.

The G3 would be a bit overkill IMO.

Ideal optic for your build that I have time behind? Nightforce NX8 C599.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
For an 11.5, I think a Vortex Razor Gen II E 1-6, would be better. Same weight as the newer Gen III, but I don’t think the extra power of 10x (vs. 6x) will benefit you much on an 11.5. You can get a lightly used Gen II E for around $1000.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly, I think a used Viper PST G2 is a great option in the $500 range.  The P4Xi was great at under $600, but now that they're charging $800, I think the Credo HX makes a compelling case.  For what it's worth, I had an SWFA 1-4x on my 11.5 before switching back to a red dot for speed & to save weight.  4x was more than enough for my use, so make sure you plan to put the extra top end magnification to use before you spend the extra money for it.  A 1-4x or 1-6x might be all you need. I'm my opinion, daylight bright illumination and reticle design will be more important than top end magnification on an 11.5".

For my 14.5", I'm waiting for reviews on the Ares ETR 1-10x24, which looks interesting at under $1k, but I want feedback on the illumination before dropping that much on their first 1-10x.  At just over $1k the Razor Gen 2 and Gen 2e 1-6x are very well regarded.  I had my eye on the Burris XTR2 1-8x when they were discounted, but I suspect the XTR3 update isn't far off, so it could be worth waiting until the industry settles a bit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
No budget I’d go NX8. With budget in mind, and weight, probably a 1-4 Steiner option.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No budget I'd go NX8. With budget in mind, and weight, probably a 1-4 Steiner option.
View Quote
I went with a 1-4 accupower. Haven't had range time with it yet, but it looks like great glass!
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm running a P4xi's on mine. With the price increase...

The SFP Credo 1-6(if daylight bright like it seems) or Delta Stryker 1-6 would be my picks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went with a 1-4 accupower. Haven't had range time with it yet, but it looks like great glass!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No budget I'd go NX8. With budget in mind, and weight, probably a 1-4 Steiner option.

I had one as well. Good value, wished it was daylight bright. Overall it’s not bad at all for an SBR at that price range
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Honestly, I think a used Viper PST G2 is a great option in the $500 range.  The P4Xi was great at under $600, but now that they're charging $800, I think the Credo HX makes a compelling case.  For what it's worth, I had an SWFA 1-4x on my 11.5 before switching back to a red dot for speed & to save weight.  4x was more than enough for my use, so make sure you plan to put the extra top end magnification to use before you spend the extra money for it.  A 1-4x or 1-6x might be all you need. I'm my opinion, daylight bright illumination and reticle design will be more important than top end magnification on an 11.5".

For my 14.5", I'm waiting for reviews on the Ares ETR 1-10x24, which looks interesting at under $1k, but I want feedback on the illumination before dropping that much on their first 1-10x.  At just over $1k the Razor Gen 2 and Gen 2e 1-6x are very well regarded.  I had my eye on the Burris XTR2 1-8x when they were discounted, but I suspect the XTR3 update isn't far off, so it could be worth waiting until the industry settles a bit.
View Quote

I went this route and to be honest it is 90% of a Razor equivalent.  Yes the glass is not as good but damn it is not bad by any means and the difference is not huge.  The illumination is beyond day light bright and it is built like a tank like the Razor.  The only thing that has bothered me about the optic is the turrets are stiff and the magnification throw is stiff.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a 1-4 accupower on one of my rifles.  As you say, glass was excellent.  However, I replaced it with an accupoint tr24r (1-4 with red triangle reticle) because I wanted a brighter aiming point than what the accupower provided.  I love the tr24r, and that bright red reticle.  No batteries, either!
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The price difference between the 1-8 and the 1-6 Credo HX is nominal (about $250 with the Segmented Circle Reticle). Does having the 34 mm tube over the 30 mm bring anything to the table? It looks like it’s a difference of about 7 oz. If I fo' I am leaning more towards the 1-8...

Just curious..
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The price difference between the 1-8 and the 1-6 Credo HX is nominal (about $250 with the Segmented Circle Reticle). Does having the 34 mm tube over the 30 mm bring anything to the table? It looks like it’s a difference of about 7 oz. If I fo' I am leaning more towards the 1-8...

Just curious..
View Quote

7oz isn't insignificant. That's a mount and offset red dot you could add on for the same/less weight.

No go man.

NX8, 1-6 Credo SFP with dot, Delta Stryker 1-6, P4xi. All in the 17'ish oz range with daylight bright reticles.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
P4Xi on my 11.5 in an ADM high mount.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

7oz isn't insignificant. That's a mount and offset red dot you could add on for the same/less weight.

No go man.

NX8, 1-6 Credo SFP with dot, Delta Stryker 1-6, P4xi. All in the 17'ish oz range with daylight bright reticles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious..

No go man.

7oz is a lot. I haven’t kept up with all the new Trijicon optics, but the 1-8 Credo seems pretty 1-8 Accupowerish. My 1-8 Accupower is pretty chunky to be on a small-frame, let alone an 11.5”. I took mine off my small-frame and it’s my LPVO for my already chunky MWS where all that bulk isn’t nearly as noticeable.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For an 11.5, I think a Vortex Razor Gen II E 1-6, would be better. Same weight as the newer Gen III, but I don’t think the extra power of 10x (vs. 6x) will benefit you much on an 11.5. You can get a lightly used Gen II E for around $1000.
View Quote

I agree with this. I think the goal of an LPVO on a shorty gun should be to have red dot like performance as a priority on 1x, with the ability to dial up. Not the other way around.

I run the Razor 1-6 on my 11.5 and I love it. It's a 500 yard gun, but spends most of its time on 1x. The eye box on the Razor is really tough to beat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Steiner 1-4, Accupoint 1-4, credo hx 1-6 sfp. I know the mini recce is a cool concept and I have no idea what type of barrel you have or what type of ammo you’ll feed this gun but at the end of the day your round isn’t doing much because short barrels lose so much velocity.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No budget I’d go NX8. With budget in mind, and weight, probably a 1-4 Steiner option.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had a 1-4 accupower on one of my rifles.  As you say, glass was excellent.  However, I replaced it with an accupoint tr24r (1-4 with red triangle reticle) because I wanted a brighter aiming point than what the accupower provided.  I love the tr24r, and that bright red reticle.  No batteries, either!
View Quote
I have a green segmented BDC. While I haven't had it out on the range yet, I played around with it in the yard...was plenty bright for me. I'd prefer the TR24, but money is an issue at the moment for me. So this sort of fell in my lap...

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:35:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Initially tried the NX8, and the crappy eyebox  and narrow picture even at 1x made it not a great fit for what I saw as a light, fast, 'run and gun' setup on my 11.5.  Swapped to the K16i and I haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#19]
My 11.5 is a Rosco Bloodline. 1/7 twist. I shoot M193 and M855. Or whatever I can get my hands on. Does anyone have any experience with the Steiner T5Xi 1-5x24mm? I potentually can get this scope for around 1k. Lots of good things about the 1-4 but have not heard much on the 1-5?

Is the eyebox on the Steiner, Trijicon, and Vortex all similar? I tried to go to a LGS to view these scopes in person but I am striking out..

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I went with a Vortex ranger 1-4 which is the PST gen1 phillipines glass with the TMQ reticle.  Love it for 50-400 shots.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#21]
TR24 green triangle
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#22]
THe CredoHX FFP is AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Burris XTR2 1-8x on my 11.5 inch Geiselle upper and like that combo a lot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I have an older NF NSX 1-4x24 on my 12" SBR. Perfect.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

second...just picked up one last week...VERY impressed.  Bright dot, lightweight, feels sturdy, glass is REALLY clear without any noticeable edge to edge distortion and great clarity.  It's going on a 14.5 and I think it'd be at home on a lightweight 11.5
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Running the K16i on my super duty 11.5 and that thing is simply amazing.  Lighter and even better FOV/eye box than the Razor Gen2e.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Running the K16i on my super duty 11.5 and that thing is simply amazing.  Lighter and even better FOV/eye box than the Razor Gen2e.
View Quote
Then again, my F150 is lighter than a Razor
ETA: Never even looked through a Kahles, but from what I've read and heard about them - top notch stuff!

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I think that I am viewing two vastly different parallel universes between two different gun boards. Another board had a bunch of guys argue that LPVO's and prism's were useless on a short barrel after a person asked for suggestions, and should only have a red dot. Here, people that seem way more knowledgeable are actually helpful. What gives? Their main argument was that the reticles were made for either 20, 16, or 14.5 for only one type of ammunition and would be useless.

Were they wrong, or right but only in the technical context of their argument? I've seen pictures of Defoor using both a pistol and an SBR with an LPVO and being used at matches all the way up to 500. And I've seen Ash Hess talking about it as well as pictures of him using an LPVO on his 11.5 both as a driveway special and at precision matches. Was I watching actual fudds or just uneducated persons?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think that I am viewing two vastly different parallel universes between two different gun boards. Another board had a bunch of guys argue that LPVO's and prism's were useless on a short barrel after a person asked for suggestions, and should only have a red dot. Here, people that seem way more knowledgeable are actually helpful. What gives? Their main argument was that the reticles were made for either 20, 16, or 14.5 for only one time of ammunition and would be useless.

Were they wrong, or right but only in the technical context of their argument? I've seen pictures of Defoor using both a pistol and an SBR with an LPVO and being used at matches all the way up to 500. And I've seen Ash Hess talking about it as well as pictures of him using an LPVO on his 11.5 both as a driveway special and at precision matches. Was I watching actual fudds or just uneducated persons?
View Quote
From my limited experience with magnified optics, I can say that they are wrong. BDC reticles are "close enough" out of my shorter 11.5" barrel to be good for man sized targets. I've only been out to 100 yards with it, but let's be honest - in our current situation - what are the chances of LEGALLY engaging anyone beyond 10 yards? The Accupower I have now, tracks really well at room distance. Haven't had a chance to do varmint control with it yet, but it's pretty quick. Not as fast as a red dot, but close enough to where I won't notice the difference.
If you are talking non BDC reticles - well fudds no care about holdovers and all that. They probably tighten their barrel nuts with "ugga duggas" instead of a torque wrench too...

I add to this that I am now using my very first LPVO - my only other magnified optic is a Patrol 3-9 and I hate it. I come from 3+ decades of irons and red dots. I don't think I'll be going back. They have their place. Hard to beat a T1 for reliability and simplicity, but astigmatism, etc.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Curious about the eye box/eye relief in comparison to the Razor? I held a Razor Gen III and I was really impressed with it. Anyone provide a comparison?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think that I am viewing two vastly different parallel universes between two different gun boards. Another board had a bunch of guys argue that LPVO's and prism's were useless on a short barrel after a person asked for suggestions, and should only have a red dot. Here, people that seem way more knowledgeable are actually helpful. What gives? Their main argument was that the reticles were made for either 20, 16, or 14.5 for only one type of ammunition and would be useless.

View Quote

I'll say it before and I'll say it again (ok I stole it from Chuck Pressburg but still) -- the LPVO is not here to make 500-yard "defensive" shots, the LPVO is on the gun to make 50-yard shots right in the eyebox while the bad guy is behind partial cover or holding your wife hostage or whatever.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
From my limited experience with magnified optics, I can say that they are wrong. BDC reticles are "close enough" out of my shorter 11.5" barrel to be good for man sized targets. I've only been out to 100 yards with it, but let's be honest - in our current situation - what are the chances of LEGALLY engaging anyone beyond 10 yards? The Accupower I have now, tracks really well at room distance. Haven't had a chance to do varmint control with it yet, but it's pretty quick. Not as fast as a red dot, but close enough to where I won't notice the difference.
If you are talking non BDC reticles - well fudds no care about holdovers and all that. They probably tighten their barrel nuts with "ugga duggas" instead of a torque wrench too...

I add to this that I am now using my very first LPVO - my only other magnified optic is a Patrol 3-9 and I hate it. I come from 3+ decades of irons and red dots. I don't think I'll be going back. They have their place. Hard to beat a T1 for reliability and simplicity, but astigmatism, etc.
View Quote

You have only taken it out to 100 yards, but are saying you know for a fact the reticle lines up correctly?   Call me skeptical on your decision.

But an LPVO is very capable on a shorter barreled rifle.  You just have to see where your impacts are in relation to the reticle and certain ranges.  My 10.4 falls off after about 300 yards, and the holds relate to different ranges.  LPVOs require a bit more practice to index correctly, especially in non-standard shooting positions, but anyone who can actually shoot well won’t have any trouble with it.  

Most of the questions on the internet are made out of pure ignorance, and the retarded answers you see are based off zero credible experience and you have to figure out what makes sense on your own.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You have only taken it out to 100 yards, but are saying you know for a fact the reticle lines up correctly?   Call me skeptical on your decision.

But an LPVO is very capable on a shorter barreled rifle.  You just have to see where your impacts are in relation to the reticle and certain ranges.  My 10.4 falls off after about 300 yards, and the holds relate to different ranges.  LPVOs require a bit more practice to index correctly, especially in non-standard shooting positions, but anyone who can actually shoot well won't have any trouble with it.  

Most of the questions on the internet are made out of pure ignorance, and the retarded answers you see are based off zero credible experience and you have to figure out what makes sense on your own.
View Quote
That's understandable, but I did qualify my opinion with this: "but let's be honest - in our current situation - what are the chances of LEGALLY engaging anyone beyond 10 yards?". I don't really see anyone needing to engage human targets at distance, hence negating the need for an accurate BDC. All that changes if you plan on also using the same rifle/ pistol for hunting or going into a war zone. I may just go back to a RDS if I can get lasik done this year. Sucks getting old.
Ditto on figuring it out on your own. Had to do that a lot - before the internet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'll say it before and I'll say it again (ok I stole it from Chuck Pressburg but still) -- the LPVO is not here to make 500-yard "defensive" shots, the LPVO is on the gun to make 50-yard shots right in the eyebox while the bad guy is behind partial cover or holding your wife hostage or whatever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm already a convert, don't eat me any more

And this video validates exactly what you just said:

Body cam video shows officers fatally shoot armed man holding baby hostage in Phoenix | ABC7

I think that the other guys I had mentioned, were proving that it would work for being accurate at those distances. The whole "run your gun, not your mouth" applies very well with this. That other board has people that run their mouths more than their guns, and it shows.

Thank you for replying. I cannot wait enough for my course to Gunsite this summer, and be taught some things.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a good repeat of a use case.  This weekend I had a jack rabbit lined up at 150y.  RDS and 3x magnifier.  I tried to get closer to be certain of a one hit clean takedown.  With more magnification for this smaller target, I would've likely let it fly.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I just snagged the sig tango 6t for my 12.5 build. My 11.5 have a t2 and I'll probly  purchase 3x Magnifier for them.
I'll compare the tango to the khales and vortex gen 3 1-10 once it arrives.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But an LPVO is very capable on a shorter barreled rifle.  You just have to see where your impacts are in relation to the reticle and certain ranges.  My 10.4 falls off after about 300 yards, and the holds relate to different ranges.  LPVOs require a bit more practice to index correctly, especially in non-standard shooting positions, but anyone who can actually shoot well won’t have any trouble with it.  

View Quote

This is pretty much spot on.

BDC values are set for a single specific load under one set of environmental conditions and nice, round (and arbitrary) numbers as far as ranges go.

Just figure out what your load is, plug it into something like StreLokPro and get used to thinking “thats not a 300 yard hash mark, that’s a 327 yard hash mark.”

In the real world, you’re never going to find targets at exact ranges anyways.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I purchased a SIG MCX Virtus 11.5" barrel over a year ago.  It's duty is a truck gun, and a light weight gun to collapse the stock and throw over my shoulder when I am walking my wooded acreage.  I am shooting the M193 55 grain bullets.  I generally load it with a shorter 20 round magazine to keep the package compact.
I experimented with numerous optics on it.  A Leupold TS30A2, Aimpoint  Comp 1x, Aimpoint Comp 2x, with and without 3X magnifiers, LPVO's Vortex 1-6, Vortex 1-8, Leupold 1-4, ACOG 4X, Trijicon RMR, & SRO.
I realized that the gun is for 200 yards and under.  I have a bunch or AR's for duty beyond that.  Adding LPVO's on the MCX negated it's nimble compactness and added too much weight and mass.
I finally settled on the Aimpoint Comp C 2x 1 moa dot.  It serves well and it has enough magnification for ranges out to 200 yards.  When I walk the property I usually carry my binos so if I need to identify a threat I can confirm it with the 10X binos before engaging.
If I venture into the woods farther from home, I take a different weapon that has a 16" barrel, with a LPVO, a few extra mags, water, and a snack.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I purchased a SIG MCX Virtus 11.5" barrel over a year ago.  It's duty is a truck gun, and a light weight gun to collapse the stock and throw over my shoulder when I am walking my wooded acreage.  I am shooting the M193 55 grain bullets.  I generally load it with a shorter 20 round magazine to keep the package compact.
I experimented with numerous optics on it.  A Leupold TS30A2, Aimpoint  Comp 1x, Aimpoint Comp 2x, with and without 3X magnifiers, LPVO's Vortex 1-6, Vortex 1-8, Leupold 1-4, ACOG 4X, Trijicon RMR, & SRO.
I realized that the gun is for 200 yards and under.  I have a bunch or AR's for duty beyond that.  Adding LPVO's on the MCX negated it's nimble compactness and added too much weight and mass.
I finally settled on the Aimpoint Comp C 2x 1 moa dot.  It serves well and it has enough magnification for ranges out to 200 yards.  When I walk the property I usually carry my binos so if I need to identify a threat I can confirm it with the 10X binos before engaging.
If I venture into the woods farther from home, I take a different weapon that has a 16" barrel, with a LPVO, a few extra mags, water, and a snack.
View Quote

I shoot my 11.5” virtus 600 yrds in using good 77gr ammo. As a matter of fact virtus does not like 55gr much.

I use Eotech Vudu 1-8 spf on my mcx.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 2:24:38 AM EDT
[#40]
IMO save weight...

Go Leupold 1-6× or 1-5× Firedot. Put a BDC cam that matches your BC, MV, and AO for your pet load.

I love a true 1x and Aimloint brightness. I don't want an ultra fine reticle or a FFP reticle on an 11.5" SBR.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#41]
What did you decide?

I have always been a red dot / acog guy.

I picked up a 1-8x24 arrowhead to try out and I'm impressed. I am now contemplating switching over to the lpvo side.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I just picked up a steiner t5xi 1-5 and I am very pleased with it. But I picked it up for $800 and finding one for sub 1k will likely be hard.

But I am tempted to try a vx5 1-5 with the firedot.

I thought I needed more magnification but honestly on a "fighting" rifle I could easily make hits at 500yds with the 5x

I really want to see leupolds mark 5 lpvo though. I would drop a chunk of change quick if if could compete against the razor or nx8
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#43]
If you’re shooting far enough to need BDC, glass quality is going to have a bigger impact than 2X is.

On a shorty you want it to be handy and quick. Weight and daylight brightness matter here.

If you want to shoot groups at 400 yards, a shorty with an LPVO is not the way to go. Speed and agility is what makes the mini RECCE great. I prefer a super light 1-4 for the role. 3-4X is my speed sweet spot from 50 yards and out when trying to do quick transitions at different ranges.

To me, the mini RECCE is the modern scout set up. Give me a lightweight 1-4 with very basic BDC, SFP, a daylight bright single dot, HD glass, a thin ocular housing, and a short throw magnification ring with a lever. (No one makes one)
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

While technically correct, that the BDC subtensions are for a certain Weight/BC/Velocity window, to be (close to) perfect - they are usually good enough for 'minute of man' hits. Add to that, you can get Strelok Pro (or free if it has your reticle) and make the BDC exact, as long as you get accurate load data for *your* ammo/firearm combo. Print out the Reticle screen on Strelok, laminate it with clear packing tape, and keep it in a clear window wrist pouch (or any pouch). Print a new one when the temp changes dramatically.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just picked up a steiner t5xi 1-5 and I am very pleased with it. But I picked it up for $800 and finding one for sub 1k will likely be hard.

But I am tempted to try a vx5 1-5 with the firedot.

I thought I needed more magnification but honestly on a "fighting" rifle I could easily make hits at 500yds with the 5x

I really want to see leupolds mark 5 lpvo though. I would drop a chunk of change quick if if could compete against the razor or nx8
View Quote

There is no Mark5 1-5× LPVO, just the 3.6-18×44 (a great precision AR scope VTW). There is a Mark6 1-6× which is way too heavy for a LPVO, IMO. That Steiner is also a great optic but also way too heavy IMO. Same for Burris 1-5x and 1-8×  XTR and XTR II.

To me, a LPVO should be no more than 17oz and preferably under 16oz, the lower the better, provided you don't give up a true 1x, ruggedness, optical quality, a daylight bright reticle, etc.

19-22oz LPVO optics are up in the weight range of SPR optics that are 10x+, adjustable parallax, 10 mil per rev turrets, etc. Which are 20-30oz optics.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Budget- Accupower 1-4 or PST G2 1-6
No budget- Razor G2 1-6
Really no budget- K16i
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top