Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2020 11:18:13 PM EDT
So LMT enhanced bolt "special" is in stock currently and i just ordered one.  i heard long ago that they could work in any milspec dimensional bolt carrier. never picked one up over the years but thought what the hell, i only hear good things from them. Now i am seeing that they don't work as well unless you get the LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier. can anyone elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
They work fine in normal carriers. Any talk about carriers is generally related specifically to suppressed guns or overgassed SBR's. I had a bad extractor on one once. LMT sent a new one out free of charge next day. Good to go. Id buy it. Of you don't want it, sell it on the EE for 400 dollars as soon as these are out if stock. Id buy one if I weren't gearing up for a kid.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The aspect about the enhanced bolt is the material difference and design of lugs with relief cuts. Supposedly it will last longer than a regular bolt so it's got the plus for reliability.

In my experience they work with both enhanced carrier as well as regular carriers. But regular bolts do basically the same thing and eject rounds the same using the same carriers.

The counter argument is that for the cost of one enhanced bolt you can get four regular bolts and change them out and have spares. Can't "flex on the poors" with a regular bolt though
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
It also has the lobster tail extractor, with 2 springs.  Put it in my shopping cart, but at check out said out of stock...
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The aspect about the enhanced bolt is the material difference and design of lugs with relief cuts. Supposedly it will last longer than a regular bolt so it's got the plus for reliability.

In my experience they work with both enhanced carrier as well as regular carriers. But regular bolts do basically the same thing and eject rounds the same using the same carriers.

The counter argument is that for the cost of one enhanced bolt you can get four regular bolts and change them out and have spares. Can't "flex on the poors" with a regular bolt though
View Quote

thanks for the info. i was thinking the geometry was different to work in the enhanced bolt carrier for the longer dwell time for it to unlock but i guess the Carrier can take any bolt as well. Well i know SAS is all about the LMT bolt and carrier. Just never seen them in stock but when i saw the post i knew i needed one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

thanks for the info. i was thinking the geometry was different to work in the enhanced bolt carrier for the longer dwell time for it to unlock but i guess the Carrier can take any bolt as well. Well i know SAS is all about the LMT bolt and carrier. Just never seen them in stock but when i saw the post i knew i needed one.
View Quote

They are made of aremet alloy and are virtually indestructible under normal use. I have one in a suppressed 10.5 inch m16 with over 10k on it with no discernible signs of wear
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They are made of aremet alloy and are virtually indestructible under normal use. I have one in a suppressed 10.5 inch m16 with over 10k on it with no discernible signs of wear
View Quote

What suppressor?

Do you use the enchanced carrier with the bolt?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Virtually indestructible huh? Tell that to my 5.56 bolt with anywhere between 250-500 rounds. Check out them lugs.

I also have a 7.62x39 bolt that looks similar with about 350 rounds through it. Both have different barrel and gas systems.

They function completely fine, but I noticed this on my gucci bolts, in addition to my reliabolt. I don't have issues with my milspec bolts.

Break in maybe?

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Appears the extractor is not hard-chrome coated on this release of the bolt.  

Not a big deal I think? But something to note.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What suppressor?

Do you use the enchanced carrier with the bolt?
View Quote

Older aac m4-2000. Standard nitrided carrier. Barrel is crane spec with a .070 gas port. I certainly don't have the enhanced bolt in all my rifles, but it has proven itself to be worthwhile to me in carbine gassed guns in which failure may be more than an inconvenience.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Virtually indestructible huh? Tell that to my 5.56 bolt with anywhere between 250-500 rounds. Check out them lugs.

I also have a 7.62x39 bolt that looks similar with about 350 rounds through it. Both have different barrel and gas systems.

They function completely fine, but I noticed this on my gucci bolts, in addition to my reliabolt. I don't have issues with my milspec bolts.

Break in maybe?

https://i.ibb.co/8rkFv4k/IMG-20201230-114330.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/K5m96GL/IMG-20201230-114320.jpg
View Quote

Odd wear pattern isn't it?  I noticed the lugs on these are more rounded even when new than a mil spec unit. Here's mine with over 10k on it, mostly fa. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Odd wear pattern isn't it?  I noticed the lugs on these are more rounded even when new than a mil spec unit. Here's mine with over 10k on it, mostly fa. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6068/20201230_143717_jpg-1755313.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6068/20201230_143701_jpg-1755315.JPG
View Quote

Glad it's not just me. My S7 Reliabolts have similar characteristics. Definitely not as bad as ours. Yours seems like it has had a lot of use with those 10k. Mine was less than 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#12]
well this will be goin on my 14.5 build with DD midlength barrel. Not a safe queen rifle, it is my go to HD.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Glad it's not just me. My S7 Reliabolts have similar characteristics. Definitely not as bad as ours. Yours seems like it has had a lot of use with those 10k. Mine was less than 500 rounds.
View Quote

Yeah mines been beat on a little. Id be interested to see how the wear on yours progresses. I dont know that I've heard a first hand account of one failing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Odd wear pattern isn't it?  I noticed the lugs on these are more rounded even when new than a mil spec unit. Here's mine with over 10k on it, mostly fa. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6068/20201230_143717_jpg-1755313.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6068/20201230_143701_jpg-1755315.JPG
View Quote

I just bought one of these. I bought it with the assumption that it would be far more reliable than a regular one. Would you say this is the case? You're the first person i've seen with that many recorded rounds through one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just bought one of these. I bought it with the assumption that it would be far more reliable than a regular one. Would you say this is the case? You're the first person i've seen with that many recorded rounds through one.
View Quote

So far, yes. This thing doesn't see much semi auto, but its still ticking.  I dont think very many standard bolts reach the 5 digit mark in full auto carbine gassed guns.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So far, yes. This thing doesn't see much semi auto, but its still ticking.  I dont think very many standard bolts reach the 5 digit mark in full auto carbine gassed guns.
View Quote

Yeah, probably not high 5 digits. I did have Colt's that I replaced after about 22K rounds as preventative maintenance, no problems, only preventative spring replacements
ETA: I did buy 2 of these LMT's, have never used one and will put one in an auto upper
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, probably not high 5 digits. I did have Colt's that I replaced after about 22K rounds as preventative maintenance, no problems, only preventative spring replacements
ETA: I did buy 2 of these LMT's, have never used one and will put one in an auto upper
View Quote

Keep me updated. There were tons of people inquiring about how the LMT E bolts do in the HendersonDefense thread. There really isnt any documented long term use out there currently on how well these bolts do. I just spent $400 on one
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep me updated!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Keep me updated. There were tons of people inquiring about how the LMT E bolts do in the HendersonDefense thread. There really isnt any documented long term use out there currently on how well these bolts do. I just spent $400 on one
View Quote

Dang. I got these when they were like 180 a pop. Didn't realize these were like gold to some.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dang. I got these when they were like 180 a pop. Didn't realize these were like gold to some.
View Quote

LMT stopped producing them until next year sometime, so they are super rare. Yeah I figured it was the closest thing to a KAC E3 bolt so worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone get a shipping notification yet?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone get a shipping notification yet?
View Quote

Yes, it is already in transit to me. I ordered fairly early probably contributing to the site's infrastructure failing; order #411xx.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top