Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2023 6:57:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: broberts001]
I purchased this barrel new from Titan Defense.  It is labeled as a "GEN 2 Adjustable Gas Block for Suppressed or Un-Suppressed Operation".  The package has R-L7NC1B.  I though Gen 2 has two settings with a different LMT 2 POSITION PISTON PLUG with "S" and "N".  Am I confused ?

Update: Thanks to Russel at Titan Defense. He worked with LMT to get me replacements.

-Bryan
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dooly] [#1]
Quit lying...you bought it off ebay.  All joking aside, I'd call up LMT and ask.  I've always known it to be S and N.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:07:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: broberts001] [#2]
Insult to injury ... I ordered 2 x Gen2 14.5 barrels.  When they arrived, I opened the box, put in the 2 Surefure WarComps and shipped the 2 barrels off to D. Wilson for p/w.  SO, now I have 2 barrels  p/w with WarComps that were supposed to be Gen 2.  $2000 spent for 2 barrels, 2 comp, shipping and p/w and I cannot run Normal and Suppressed.  Talk about f'ing pissed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By broberts001:
Insult to injury ... I ordered 2 x Gen2 14.5 barrels.  When they arrived, I opened the box, put in the 2 Surefure WarComps and shipped the 2 barrels off to D. Wilson for p/w.  SO, now I have 2 barrels  p/w with WarComps that were supposed to be Gen 2.  $2000 spent for 2 barrels, 2 comp, shipping and p/w and I cannot run Normal and Suppressed.  Talk about f'ing pissed.
View Quote

Curious...besides the design differences between gen 1 and 2, why couldn't you run them either "normally or surpressed"?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Gen 1 does not switch between the two.  Obvioulsy you can run supressed either, but having limited gas setting on Gen2 is optimal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By broberts001:
Gen 1 does not switch between the two.  Obvioulsy you can run supressed either, but having limited gas setting on Gen2 is optimal.
View Quote

Interesting.  Ive only had g2s.  What does the switch on the g1 do?  Only open or close?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]
From what I can tell, it is FIRE and remove piston :)
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone with the old style gas block, check your piston plug. The newest version of the "old" plug style was still "fire/suppressed." So you still had two gas settings, they were just a bigger pain to switch than the new design. The very old plugs did not have suppressed settings. It should be labeled on the plug to let you know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I just checked, your right, it does have 2 settings, they are just 180 deg from each other.  Thanks for the tip.

-Bryan
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#10]
My Gen2 has N/NS with a 30d twist.  IIRC Gen1 requires a half half rotation to switch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hox:
Anyone with the old style gas block, check your piston plug. The newest version of the "old" plug style was still "fire/suppressed." So you still had two gas settings, they were just a bigger pain to switch than the new design. The very old plugs did not have suppressed settings. It should be labeled on the plug to let you know.
View Quote

I have not looked in this forum for a while,  but when I saw LMT, I clicked.

My LMT piston rifle has SUPP and FIRE.  It is about 8 years old, maybe a little older

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I have had a Gen 1 piston setup with a 12” barrel for years, it has a suppressed setting and a normal one. I have a Gen 2 14” one D Wilson cut down and did a pin and weld on as well.

The plug on the Gen 2 is a stronger design but as far as I know they both have suppressed and unsuppressed settings.

I didn’t know the older generation ones were still available.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nate762:

I didn’t know the older generation ones were still available.
View Quote

I’ve seen them on gunbroker often. Haven’t bought one though. The barrels I’ve seen offered have the gas block, but none of the other parts. In their ad, they state they don’t have the parts, and haave no idea where to get the parts to complete the piston upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top