Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2021 10:33:13 AM EDT
Good Morning everyone,

I realize this topic pops up from time to time so I apologize for that! I’ve done quite a few searches but it’s hard to get a definite answer on this topic!

From my research, a DPMS pattern BCG should work in a MWS. My MWS is currently short a BCG, and since the LMT are impossible to find, I want something to hold me over until I get a LMT.  

With that being said, as of right now, I can buy an Aero coated BCG for $212.. or a Lantac Enhanced for $315, San Tan enhanced for $300.. even a brownells for $210.

I’m looking for a recommendation on what one to go with. As I stated above, I do plan to get a lmt eventually, this is just to hold me over till then.

Also open to other suggestions.. but not if it’s going to cost more than $250-300.

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would get on the phone with Brownells and talk to their tech line, ask them, the upside to Brownells is they have the best return policy in the business, so if something goes south, ship it back to them for a refund....

ETA:  If you could find out the weight of a MWS BCG and weigh the one you buy, I know it is measuring twice and cutting once, but this will help you make sure you have the right reciprocating weights in the buffer/spring/BCG system
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for reply. I actually can find out the weight because as of right now, I still have a MWS bcg. Someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, but now I feel naked  without something to hold me over.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for reply. I actually can find out the weight because as of right now, I still have a MWS bcg. Someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, but now I feel naked  without something to hold me over.
View Quote

Good info to have, reciprocating mass is key to these things running correctly

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top