Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 5:11:13 PM EDT
The LM8MWS has the slick upper receiver compared to the LM308MWS, that is the only difference, right? I assume the LM8MWS slick upper is the preferred route to go due to the slight weight savings + being more comfortable handguard?

With the LMT LM308MWS and the LM8MWS both being in the $2500-2600 range, I assume there is nothing else that really compares for the money right?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Think the DDv5 is in the same price range. They are really nice. I guess I would probably go LMT. Their .308 has been around longer and has some military contracts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've owned both models, if there is any weight savings between the railed model and the slick side, it is not much.  They do have a MLok upper now, which is what I'd probably wait to buy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've owned both models, if there is any weight savings between the railed model and the slick side, it is not much.  They do have a MLok upper now, which is what I'd probably wait to buy.
View Quote
I just had the barrel off my railed MWS upper yesterday and can tell you that without the BCG and the barrel in it, the bare upper doesn't weigh all that much.  I can't imagine that the M-lok is going to save that much weight.  The improvement there would predominately be from the slimmer profile.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
They are both really heavy.

I really wish LMT would make a lightweight system.

They make great products and have been in the AR industry since the early 1970s.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are both really heavy.

I really wish LMT would make a lightweight system.

They make great products and have been in the AR industry since the early 1970s.
View Quote
I thought I heard that they came out with a light weight barrel for the MWS.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just had the barrel off my railed MWS upper yesterday and can tell you that without the BCG and the barrel in it, the bare upper doesn't weigh all that much.  I can't imagine that the M-lok is going to save that much weight.  The improvement there would predominately be from the slimmer profile.
View Quote
I'm looking at the MLOK mainly for the attachment of accessories and aesthetics.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought I read the weight difference in the uppers was 4-6 oz. The real savings seems to be a lighter barrel, im considering swapping my heavy 16 for a lw 13.5".
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top