Page / 4
Posted: 8/29/2018 3:29:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
View Quote
Use code NDV, then it's $630 shipped.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, yeah, just what I needed to see after buying another BCM 14.5" middy.

Hell of a deal
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Use code NDV, then it's $630 shipped.
View Quote
And another 8% off through Active Junky, damn!
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And another 8% off through Active Junky, damn!
View Quote
Damn...that's hard to say no to.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
$580 shipped can't be beat. I didn't need it, but I've been wanting one since 2008
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the 8% AJ applied to the 699.99 or the 629.99 after discount code NDV?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the 8% AJ applied to the 699.99 or the 629.99 after discount code NDV?
View Quote
After usually.

Still brings it to $579. This is a steal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]
damn.
Wish I had more money lying around.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one with the New Zealand barrel.  Been looking for a deal on a NZ barrel and found this instead.  Thank you.  I’m tempted to buy another just to have.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Heck of a deal
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought one...not sure why...other than it seemed like a good deal.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know the specs on the NZ barrel?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone know the specs on the NZ barrel?
View Quote
Pretty sure it’s the same as their standard 16” 1/7 chrome-lined barrel but with a bayonet lug attached at the 9 o’clock position
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
No BCG or CH. is that still a great deal?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes it is   I think the are over $1K for just the barrel / upper
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:58:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No BCG or CH. is that still a great deal?
View Quote
Absolutely. Put the savings towards an enhanced LMT BCG.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Absolutely. Put the savings towards an enhanced LMT BCG.
View Quote
You wouldn't want the enhanced BCG if you are thinking of putting it in that upper.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You wouldn't want the enhanced BCG if you are thinking of putting it in that upper.
View Quote
Why not? LMT’s enhanced BCG is compatible with standard AR barrel extensions unlike the KAC E3 bolt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Very tempted to get the 10.5 for my first pistol/future SBR upper, I have zero experience with LMT. Good or bad idea? Someone convince me to spend my money!
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Very tempted to get the 10.5 for my first pistol/future SBR upper, I have zero experience with LMT. Good or bad idea? Someone convince me to spend my money!
View Quote
The MRP CQB 10.5" is not the lightest SBR upper on the market by any stretch of the imagination, however it is without question the most bombproof, reliable, and accurate SBR upper I've ever owned....moreover it's one of the best AR uppers I've owned of any variety.

Honestly thousands through mine with a standard CH, and LMT F/A standard BCG....without one single stoppage.  Granted some of that is attributed to using only pmags, and quality factory produced brass full powered ammo.

Unmatched heat dissipation, URG rigidity/strength, reduced barrel flex/whip, and last but not least....it's still a MRP, aka the gift that keep on giving as long as you desire different configurations, and barrel setups.  Imho, $580 or whatever the price is on these uppers is as low as they're ever gonna be.  I'm not current with dealer pricing atm (never been a dealer), and haven't talked with a friend at LMT in some time, but I'd guess that these are below dealer cost.

Quick google search will yield some YT videos like long range shooting with one at 600 and 700yds, and various other threads discussing this upper in question on M4C and Lightfighter.  It's really hard to find legitimate complaints, or really anything but very happy owners, with excellent performing rifles.  I also have a bunch of data saved from when I extensively evaluating my CQB 10.5" upper setup, including accuracy testing, and redneck ballistic testing of SD/HD ammo types.

FWIW...I still think the OG MRP chassis is the one to have if things get ugly.  MLOK will get more womanz….SLK was the rushed, rather sloppy executed chassis that imho isn't worth owning in the face of the OG or the MLOK models.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The MRP CQB 10.5" is not the lightest SBR upper on the market by any stretch of the imagination, however it is without question the most bombproof, reliable, and accurate SBR upper I've ever owned....moreover it's one of the best AR uppers I've owned of any variety.

Honestly thousands through mine with a standard CH, and LMT F/A standard BCG....without one single stoppage.  Granted some of that is attributed to using only pmags, and quality factory produced brass full powered ammo.

Unmatched heat dissipation, URG rigidity/strength, reduced barrel flex/whip, and last but not least....it's still a MRP, aka the gift that keep on giving as long as you desire different configurations, and barrel setups.  Imho, $580 or whatever the price is on these uppers is as low as they're ever gonna be.  I'm not current with dealer pricing atm (never been a dealer), and haven't talked with a friend at LMT in some time, but I'd guess that these are below dealer cost.

Quick google search will yield some YT videos like long range shooting with one at 600 and 700yds, and various other threads discussing this upper in question on M4C and Lightfighter.  It's really hard to find legitimate complaints, or really anything but very happy owners, with excellent performing rifles.  I also have a bunch of data saved from when I extensively evaluating my CQB 10.5" upper setup, including accuracy testing, and redneck ballistic testing of SD/HD ammo types.

FWIW...I still think the OG MRP chassis is the one to have if things get ugly.  MLOK will get more womanz….SLK was the rushed, rather sloppy executed chassis that imho isn't worth owning in the face of the OG or the MLOK models.
View Quote
Thanks for the detailed answer. Much appreciated.

Would you recommend getting a LMT BCG to run with it?

Also any reason not to use this on a colt M4 lower?

How does it run suppressed?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m just about to pull the trigger on making a NZDF clone, anyone know what model ACOG they use? Standard TA31F with the RMR?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m just about to pull the trigger on making a NZDF clone, anyone know what model ACOG they use? Standard TA31F with the RMR?
View Quote
Trijicon won’t sell the actual ACOG model they sell to New Zealand. That’s the missing piece of the puzzle on my NZDF build.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmm. I think I’ll have to take a second look.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn.  Wasn't expecting to spend money tonight but the 10.5 is hard to pass
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Trijicon won’t sell the actual ACOG model they sell to New Zealand. That’s the missing piece of the puzzle on my NZDF build.
View Quote
Any idea on reticle/color? The pics I’ve seen look like a green FO tube up top

Never mind, I saw your response in the MRP thread
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Just ordered one, I guess one of the spare lowers in the safe is turning into another rifle this week.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Tempting, but I can’t swing it right now.... grrrrrrrr.

Oh well, I was just given a Sig 516 SBR upper, I’ll survive. If I hadn’t just built a 450BM pistol I’d be all over it.

So many deals, so little money.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Ugh, I have literally had an LMT lower sitting since 2007 waiting for a good deal on an MRP upper (I keep buying other stuff). Picked up an LMT BCG along the way too. I’m sure I’ll never see a deal like this again. Unfortunately, we just finished a rough cross-county move that we’re still recovering from financially, so I don’t think I can jump on this. But maybe that’s what credit is for...

The NZ side bayonet lug is really interesting and unique. I’d probably go for that one, just for the novelty.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm surprised Brownells specs doesn't mention but the barrels on these are cold hammer forged and cryo treated. The profile is a little heavier than I would prefer but they are extremely high quality barrels. $629 shipped is really an outstanding deal for what you're getting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm surprised Brownells specs doesn't mention but the barrels on these are cold hammer forged and cryo treated. The profile is a little heavier than I would prefer but they are extremely high quality barrels. $629 shipped is really an outstanding deal for what you're getting.
View Quote
Where did you hear that the barrels are CHF? I can’t find that anywhere on LMT’s website. As far as I know, MRP barrels have never been CHF. I’m interested in seeing that information.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm in for a 10.5. Been planning a pistol build for awhile now so I guess this will be part of it.

I bought a 14.5 with a few rounds through it for $1,000 eight years ago. This is a smoking deal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Where did you hear that the barrels are CHF? I can’t find that anywhere on LMT’s website. As far as I know, MRP barrels have never been CHF. I’m interested in seeing that information.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just going by some specs I've seen listed at various places in the past, for example CTD's listing (yeah I know) has the MRP barrel listed as CHF: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/lmt-cqb-mrp-defender-ar-15-556-nato-30rds-black-815415010007.do

As does these reviews from back when the MRP was new: http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2012/10/lewis-machine-tool-lm8mrp-rifle.aspx and http://www.hendonpub.com/law_and_order/articles/2014/01/lmt_monolithic_rail_platform

I agree that is something LMT would probably include on their web page though, so maybe they aren't actually CHF. Now I'm not so sure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Is anyone's Active Junky credit showing as pending yet?  Mine is not.  I wonder if they will deny the credit because the item was on sale?
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is anyone's Active Junky credit showing as pending yet?  Mine is not.  I wonder if they will deny the credit because the item was on sale?
View Quote
I received a confirmation email shortly after ordering through them...
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Hmmm...my Brownell's order shipped but I still haven't gotten anything from Active Junky.  I just emailed their support to see where my cash back is.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got a response from Active Junky - my cash back has been declined by the retailer.  They give a list of possible reasons, but I'm guessing due to using the 10% off discount code.  The last 3-4 times I used Active Junky, I got denied.  Seems kinda worthless.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just got a response from Active Junky - my cash back has been declined by the retailer.  They give a list of possible reasons, but I'm guessing due to using the 10% off discount code.  The last 3-4 times I used Active Junky, I got denied.  Seems kinda worthless.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat.  No disclaimers on Active Junky advising that you can't use it with discount codes.

They will have 2 orders returned right back to them with a label printed from their website if they don't honor active junky.

@brownells
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat.  No disclaimers on Active Junky advising that you can't use it with discount codes.

They will have 2 orders returned right back to them with a label printed from their website if they don't honor active junky.

@brownells
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@brownells
It's Active Junky not brownells you should be pissed at. The way those referral sites work is that vendors like Brownells offer commission for sites to link to them and they provide them with a payment when a user clicks through and makes a purchase. Active Junky and similar sites just split their commission with you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's Active Junky not brownells you should be pissed at. The way those referral sites work is that vendors like Brownells offer commission for sites to link to them and they provide them with a payment when a user clicks through and makes a purchase. Active Junky and similar sites just split their commission with you.
View Quote
Brownells gets the chance to approve it or not that's what the person who emailed me said.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Brownells gets the chance to approve it or not that's what the person who emailed me said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, their commission on the transaction. Their contract probably stipulates that they don't get any commission if a customer uses a coupon. They should make that clear to their customers, it's not Brownells' fault.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#43]
LMT barrels have never been hammer forged to my knowledge. You will not see that listed on their website because it is not so...

Other sites may list them as hammer forged incorrectly, but they are not. They ARE some of the best, most robust, accurate barrels made.

I signed up with Active Junky, but it doesn't look like I am getting my 8%
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Does anyone know if they uppers are coming with the new lmt torque wrench?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Couldn’t help myself got a CQB and a NZ upper, don’t know when I’ll finish them. I’ll have to get 2 LMT lowers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#46]
My experience with AJ and Brownells has been hit and miss, so I don't count on that cash back as a sure thing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My experience with AJ and Brownells has been hit and miss, so I don't count on that cash back as a sure thing.
View Quote
Yep.  I've placed 3 orders today.  I got cashback for 2 and for 1 I didn't.  Followed the same steps each time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#48]
And... I broke down and ordered the NZ upper. I’m sure I won’t see a deal like this again, so I’m really saving money by buying it now! Been looking forward to getting an MRP for a decade.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I received an email from ActiveJunky shortly after I bought the upper that said my order was confirmed and listed the cash back amount, does that mean I got it or do they cancel it later if they’re going to cancel it? They also sent me an additional $10 for my first AJ purchase so assuming it went through my deal got better!
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I received an email from ActiveJunky shortly after I bought the upper that said my order was confirmed and listed the cash back amount, does that mean I got it or do they cancel it later if they’re going to cancel it? They also sent me an additional $10 for my first AJ purchase so assuming it went through my deal got better!
View Quote
That's more than I got.  I'll be pissed if some get the AJ credit and I got denied.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top