Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2022 7:09:48 PM EDT
Sorry I don't know how to embed these without my laptop…

So my buddy got this- shallow staking:

https://imgur.com/a/Mosgz8A

The exchange was this - pretty:

https://imgur.com/a/2Ncq2rU

Second try - in response to saying the replacement is ugly - this one was done by the production manager himself - who said he doesnt mind me sharing these

https://imgur.com/a/Dgthw1V

Then CS guy who was the only one without a sourpus, did this one himself and sent me photo:

https://imgur.com/a/BSH8NWk
I said all of those look terrible (I took it upon myself for some stupid reason to take care of this for my friend since he's super busy and he probably would have used it as is, but I just didn't want to let it go), I got a call from some clown that berated me and told me these are fine.

When I rang off with him I called back and got about the same attitude from the production manager who defended all the staking repeatedly throughout the conversation, though he said the one he bashed from the top was special for me so it's extra deep. He made it sound like he wouldn't ordinarily sell it but he was clearly trying to sell it to my friend lol. He wouldn't tell me what he used or what he thought it would accomplish, Real shame since the staking on that one looked pretty good before he bashed it.

MADE IN MURICA LOL

Apparently they buy these complete with their logo, they don't have any tools and when they come in to shallow which I guess happens enough, they use a jig with screws. Sexy

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea….. I would of said keep your rifle(s) and give me my money back.

Those look like hell and it sounds like they didn’t really give a shit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The first was a bit shallow but the second was fine.

The last two weren’t good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
How bout them taiwanese screws, tho?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That rifle probably cost more than a 6920.  Lol. Why do people buy those?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.. the staking thing is a bit out of control.. they maybe ugly but I bet none of them will ever come loose if torqued to spec..
The second one looked fine I don’t get all the complaints..
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That rifle probably cost more than a 6920.  Lol. Why do people buy those?
View Quote

He ordered BCG standalone. I guess it happened to be in stock when stuff was scarce.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]
There is nothing wrong with even the first one. Everyone way over thinks everything. Guess how many hundreds of thousands or mllions of rifles wee never staked until after the early 2000's. The only reason they do it is because of the whiners have read it must be done or their rifle is going to fall apart and jam on them when the zombie's attack
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is nothing wrong with even the first one. Everyone way over thinks everything. Guess how many hundreds of thousands or mllions of rifles wee never staked until after the early 2000's. The only reason they do it is because of the whiners have read it must be done or their rifle is going to fall apart and jam on them when the zombie's attack
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/0Colt-s-USGI-M16-series-variation-guide-edition-IV/123-241681/
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:54:33 AM EDT
[#9]
And? Not all makers have done it. Maybe for a full auto but not needed for 99.9% of the middle schoolers on here that heard it had to be done on call of duty
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And? Not all makers have done it. Maybe for a full auto but not needed for 99.9% of the middle schoolers on here that heard it had to be done on call of duty
View Quote

@NewWind. Welcome to arfcom.  This is a tech area and not GD.  Please read the COC before you make GD comments in a tech area again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Those screws are garbage. Staking has to be done very correctly to not be worse than no staking.

The three stakes on top is acceptable, the others, no.

Get uneven side force on those junk screws and they won’t last long.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep. Those screws are garbage. Staking has to be done very correctly to not be worse than no staking.

The three stakes on top is acceptable, the others, no.

Get uneven side force on those junk screws and they won’t last long.
View Quote

Well, they came around and admitted the staking is no good, sending a slightly better one than number 1 but still done on machine, and some free merch. Said they will send me another when they get it right, looking into fixtures. Not sure if they plan to re-stake all the new ones or change the vendor's process. They refuse to comment on the screws.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

They’re fine and I wouldn’t over think it.

YFS is a good brand used by a ton of companies.  As long as they meet the spec (which they do) that’s what matters.

I bought a MOACKS and stake my own gas keys now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

YFS is a good brand used by a ton of companies.  As long as they meet the spec (which they do) that’s what matters.

View Quote

Im not into it. These things cost enough not to have screws imported from taiwan.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Im not into it. These things cost enough not to have screws imported from taiwan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's your prerogative...I'm just saying YFS screws are fine.

These OCKS screws are made in the USA - http://www.m-guns.com/tools.php
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@NewWind. Welcome to arfcom.  This is a tech area and not GD.  Please read the COC before you make GD comments in a tech area again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says he with such a high post count.
I believe post is right on target.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#18]
So they sent another better staked BCG with Taiwanese screws and let me keep that one as well as the one with the mangled staked Non-Taiwanese screws in the second photo. The new one is better than the first one but still not perfect. Probably OK.

I got a lot of attitude in the beginning and then I insisted the manager listen to the phone call because they do record them and they were much nicer after that. They also sent a couple of T-shirts and some stickers lol. They told me they are looking into buying a fixture to stake the screws better, But I'm still not sure if this would be for the initial installation for repair of improperly staked ones from the vendor. I have a suspicion that azimuth makes bcg based on the staking
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:37:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So they sent another better staked BCG with Taiwanese screws and let me keep that one as well as the one with the mangled staked Non-Taiwanese screws in the second photo. The new one is better than the first one but still not perfect. Probably OK.

I got a lot of attitude in the beginning and then I insisted the manager listen to the phone call because they do record them and they were much nicer after that. They also sent a couple of T-shirts and some stickers lol. They told me they are looking into buying a fixture to stake the screws better, But I'm still not sure if this would be for the initial installation for repair of improperly staked ones from the vendor. I have a suspicion that azimuth makes bcg based on the staking
View Quote

I'd still return it all and get the money back. More reliable and better BCGs out there (with better CS and QC also)...
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd still return it all and get the money back. More reliable and better BCGs out there (with better CS and QC also)...
View Quote

I actually think they really did well with customer service in the end.

They gave me a better one. They let me keep the other one. They thanked me for attention which is rare, plan to get new tooling to improve it.

From here we tried some Microbest, but they were trash. I got hard chromed one was all fucked up the coating looked like it was burnt, the replacement was flaking. Staying away from them. Id rather use BRO over microbest anyday.

I tried to see if anybody else uses azimuth, which i believe is who makes BRO, but found nothing.

Have Sionics NP3 on order, very excited about it
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's your prerogative...I'm just saying YFS screws are fine.

These OCKS screws are made in the USA - http://www.m-guns.com/tools.php
View Quote

Maybe some are fine, but YFS screws, every time ive had to deal with them are soft garbage.

They do not belong on guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top