Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2021 8:31:05 AM EDT
A place up here has a shopping cart full of them for $8-$9.

What say you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Would spend the extra buck for a D&H.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Nay
Buy  American
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t used them a crapload yet(ammo shortage and all) but they seem to work fine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
There were several threads on them a while back. Global ordnance had them on sale. Some of those folks have used them more than I have.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Are they the SHK ones? I got some from GO and they're pretty solid. I mean, I prefer PMags, but they're nice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine have been good so far. Use them for hog hunts getting dirty in rain mud ect...no issues.

For defense purposes of course I'll take Lancers or pmags but for range duty/hunting they've been great.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#8]
For $8 or $9 I's stick with PMAGS.   But, with that said, I bought 50 of them from GO pre-covid for $5.99, and they have been as solid as hell!  No issues of any kind, I just wouldn't pay $8 or $9 for them when PMAGS are the same price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they the SHK ones? I got some from GO and they're pretty solid. I mean, I prefer PMags, but they're nice.
View Quote

This..

But also the SHK mags that Global had were $4 a mag on Black Friday.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#10]
The mags are extremely solid.  They make my other steel mags look flimsy by comparison.  My source from SK indicates that for obvious reasons SK puts a lot of effort into doing weapons right.

They are heavier than other mags, but if you aren't carrying a stack of them around that's not an issue.  South Koreans carry them, so its not really a show stopper even if you did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I got several from Global Ordnance last year.  They are built solid & function well.  They are noticeably heavier than aluminum or poly mags.  Haven't done any rigorous field testing or torture tests, but judging by how solid they seem, I'm sure they'll hold up to most typical use & abuse.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Mr. Guns n Gear did a short test on them last year, I think. He liked them. He didn't encounter any issues with them. They are built like tanks. GO has been OOS on them for a while, though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#13]
They seem decent.  Obviously heavier than aluminum mags.  The anti tilt follower slides smoothly and seems to work well.  I don't have many rounds through the ones I have, but no failures so far.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This..

I wish I bought another 26.  Been good mags so far.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This..

Agreed. Bought for training/beater mags and have been very impressed. They are heavy but built extremely solid. No feeding issues in my testing whatsoever across multiple mags. FWIW if I see them at $6-7 a mag again I'd buy again without reservation. Standard mags otherwise are OKAY and Pmags, only difference I've noticed is lugging around more weight.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Agreed. Bought for training/beater mags and have been very impressed. They are heavy but built extremely solid. No feeding issues in my testing whatsoever across multiple mags. FWIW if I see them at $6-7 a mag again I'd buy again without reservation. Standard mags otherwise are OKAY and Pmags, only difference I've noticed is lugging around more weight.
View Quote

They're on sale again now at GO for $6.99, get'em while you can.

I've used them for range mags for over a year with no issues.

Buy'em cheap and stack'em deep.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top