Knights gear thread (Page 139 of 173)
Page / 173
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Good shit! I can relate to the #dadlife too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#4]
@Knuckleball thank you Sir!

600m gun at 21.5 MOA up. I have about ~18 MOA left with the turret and reticle combined so I could possibly push it out to almost 800m .

Israeli build with 1 KAC part

Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
@Knuckleball thank you Sir!

600m gun at 21.5 mils up. I have about ~6.5 mils left with the turret and reticle combined so I could possibly push it out to almost 700m .

https://i.imgur.com/ZzQ5ycO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DtkRpP4.jpg

Israeli build with 1 KAC part

https://i.imgur.com/m9lyC0k.jpg
View Quote

So cool!

I see that part. LoL

You have great taste for sure bro!
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#6]
For my post #1000 I only think it’s fitting to post my favorite gas gun in the safe. Nothing on it is rare by KAC standards and it’s not too original being a clone but it is a solid shooter with the Centurion barrel and loves 77 grain OTMs.

Last change to it will be to swap out the NF unimountfor a KAC 24755 30mm mount. If anyone has a black one they want to swap for my taupe 24755 let me know.

Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
For my post #1000 I only think it’s fitting to post my favorite gas gun in the safe. Nothing on it is rare by KAC standards but it is a solid shooter with the Centurion barrel and loves 77 grain OTMs.

http://i.imgur.com/PoNpxnj.jpg
View Quote
That is fantastic. The Mk12 is a true icon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#8]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

That is fantastic. The Mk12 is a true icon.
View Quote
Appreciate it and completely agree. The Mk12 will always have a place in my safe, it is boringly accurate on 6”-10” steel at 300yds and much more fun at 600yds with wind calls.

My latest change was to swap out the Brownells A1 Lower with my stripped KAC one. I know the A1 is more accurate but it always bugged me to have this build as a whole and to have a wholesaler like Brownells as the lower. Just didn’t do it justice.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
https://i.imgur.com/JrIEGEE.jpg
View Quote
Very nice!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#11]
https://i.imgur.com/JrIEGEE.jpg
View Quote
hat trick
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Fuck. Someone needs to sell me a URX II now.
View Quote
Aren’t they available from KAC?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:12:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sveesix:
Aren't they available from KAC?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Fuck. Someone needs to sell me a URX II now.
Aren't they available from KAC?
Wait, are they?...
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Wait, are they?...
View Quote
Link lets you add to cart.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:11:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: themissinglink] [#16]
Delete
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Aren’t they available from KAC?
View Quote
Cheaper on the secondary market.  I picked up a minty 10.75" URXII 2 weeks ago for $225.00.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

Very nice!!!!
View Quote
Thank you!

Originally Posted By 1iviper:
hat trick
View Quote
Definitely.

Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Cheaper on the secondary market.  I picked up a minty 10.75" URXII 2 weeks ago for $225.00.

Cheers
View Quote
That isn't bad at all. Good price. Any plans for it yet?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#19]

That isn't bad at all. Good price. Any plans for it yet?
View Quote
Yes, ARogueNinja whittled it into a LW-URX and it is currently being re-anodized.  My Plan was to build an 11.5" LW build with it using a PWS Mod2 lower and a LW Bootleg upper receiver.  However, the form of the 10.75" URX4 looks better IMHO than the LW-URX with the PWS/Bootleg parts so i'll probably build another upper using a standard mil-spec upper receiver.  As an aside, the Form 1 on my PWS Mod2 lower cleared via e-file in 15 days!!

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Wait, are they?...
View Quote
Yeah pretty sure the URXII 10.75" is still made

What you really need is this though

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes, ARogueNinja whittled it into a LW-URX and it is currently being re-anodized.  My Plan was to build an 11.5" LW build with it using a PWS Mod2 lower and a LW Bootleg upper receiver.  However, the form of the 10.75" URX4 looks better IMHO than the LW-URX with the PWS/Bootleg parts so i'll probably build another upper using a standard mil-spec upper receiver.  As an aside, the Form 1 on my PWS Mod2 lower cleared via e-file in 15 days!!

Cheers
View Quote
looking forward to seeing these builds

good to hear that e-form 1's are going quickly , i have a couple of lowers i need to sbr
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Yeah pretty sure the URXII 10.75" is still made

What you really need is this though

https://i.imgur.com/PHzVKbK.jpg
View Quote
whats the story on that URXII? I'm assuming it took some modication to get the MLOK rails to fit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

whats the story on that URXII? I'm assuming it took some modication to get the MLOK rails to fit.
View Quote
That's not a urx 2, that's a Christmas cheer LW URX!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

That's not a urx 2, that's a Christmas cheer LW URX!
View Quote
Oof. Thats awesome.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Why does the MRE have to be such a pain in the ass? Anyone else have issues with the FSB or barrel shifting or the rail getting tweaked while trying to re-insert the FSB pins?

No, I did not rest it on the rail when I was hammering the pins and no, that's not a pinned FSB in the pic. As a result of the issues I went ahead and decided to use a set-screw PRI FSB for giggles but apparently now either the rail is cockeyed, or the barrel is. Seems like it might be the rail because a rail mounted FSB seen in the pic did not cowitness with my Comp M2 I had mounted, the dot was showing just off to the right edge of the post.

I'm going to tear the whole thing down one more time, maybe do some measurements, and see if it's the rail or barrel or upper or what.

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Why does the MRE have to be such a pain in the ass? Anyone else have issues with the FSB or barrel shifting or the rail getting tweaked while trying to re-insert the FSB pins?

No, I did not rest it on the rail when I was hammering the pins and no, that's not a pinned FSB in the pic. As a result of the issues I went ahead and decided to use a set-screw PRI FSB for giggles but apparently now either the rail is cockeyed, or the barrel is. Seems like it might be the rail because a rail mounted FSB seen in the pic did not cowitness with my Comp M2 I had mounted, the dot was showing just off to the right edge of the post.

I'm going to tear the whole thing down one more time, maybe do some measurements, and see if it's the rail or barrel or upper or what.

https://i.imgur.com/gIOlu68.jpg
View Quote
I would tear it down and hit the rail with some long levels/squares. Hopefully not sledge hammers
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:28:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I would tear it down and hit the rail with some long levels/squares. Hopefully not sledge hammers
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

https://i.imgur.com/gIOlu68.jpg
Thanks to some suggestions through from Jack Leuba, I went through and tore it down one more time. It was the barrel which was still off-kilter from when I tried to hammer the pins in. There is a little play with the receiver notch and my pin, so it was still wonky.

Removed everything, reinstalled it, and now it's looking much better. I'll eventually get some pics as I get shuffled through what I'm going to actually put on it optics wise. Eventually I'd like to do MSG Horrigan's MRE, but I still haven't identified the scope. In the meantime, it's going to be a goofy early 2000s/GWOT mashup.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By smartliketractor:

Both DD MK18 shoot softer, even before I put SF brakes on them. One is factory .070 gas port and another is .080+ pinched down to .070 using a Micro MOA non-adjustable gas block (IMO, these were the secret hidden gem in his lineup). The best way I can describe the recoil impulse is the Mod2 with H2+blue spring shoots as nice as my DD rifles with H2+carbine spring. Only issue is the blue spring + Mod2 was a jam-o-matic, so that's not useable with this rifle. I spend a fair amount of time training as a civilian, been through capstone classes like VTAC Nightfighter, K&M Precision, etc. My opinions are my own and yes I try to put the safety on when reloading.

Factory SBR with my Mod 1. It's still unmodified because I don't know if I want to keep it or sell it. I know, first world problems.

https://i.imgur.com/sWttP8q.jpg
View Quote
Wow... your MK18 shoots softer than both KAC SR15s? That blows my mind.... I would think it would be the other way around. I thought the SR15s were some of the smoothest rifles around?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Slovpeter:

Wow... your MK18 shoots softer than both KAC SR15s? That blows my mind.... I would think it would be the other way around. I thought the SR15s were some of the smoothest rifles around?
View Quote
I have both and honestly I would have said the opposite.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:25:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#31]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

Yep, my MK18 is nowhere even close to as soft shooting as my MOD2.
View Quote
Samezies.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, thats good to hear. Is the SBR 11.5 worth the tax stamp, wait time and registration? Seems its hard to find a 11.5 sbr mlok SBR. Considering just the upper and building my own lower with ambi controls.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 7:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smartliketractor] [#34]

View Quote
Yes.

It's really splitting hairs and being a Ferrari vs. Lambo type of debate, but to answer you question, yes, I do feel it shoots softer.

Neither shoot harsh by any means, I just feel like Knights could've sized their GP smaller given how well their gas block seals.

Edit: I'm comparing 11.5" vs 10.3" SBR setups, not the full size guns which are incredibly soft shooting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, thats good to hear. Is the SBR 11.5 worth the tax stamp, wait time and registration? Seems its hard to find a 11.5 sbr mlok SBR. Considering just the upper and building my own lower with ambi controls.
View Quote
eForm's are down to several week's or less. I just bought the upper and lower seperate.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:55:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UsubM] [#36]
Updated photo of my SR16 upper / pistol. I recently replaced the Maxim PDW brace with a Tailhook and put an AFG on instead of the KAC handstop. It definitely handles much more comfortably now

20190227-IMG_0058-Canon EOS 6D-EF35mm f-2 IS USM-2

20190227-IMG_0069-Canon EOS 6D-EF70-200mm f-2.8L IS II USM-Edit
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#37]
I put this PWS lower together yesterday and the fit and finish is pretty nice.  There were no instructions for the ambi-controls but it was pretty self explanatory.  I went with a Geissele G2S trigger and Super 42 buffer kit.  I have to say the the ratcheting castle nut / sling plate is genius.  I still haven't built the upper so I slapped it on my LW URX upper for pics.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#38]
I put this upper together tonight using an 11.5" Faxon Gunner barrel w/ midlength gas system and Bootleg adjustable BCG.  As pictured with no mag or suppressor is under 6lbs.  It was dark outside so crappy garage pics is all I could take.  I hope to get to the range tomorrow if the rain holds off.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#40]
both of those are tits but i'm still partial to the bottom one

i'm interested in hearing how the faxon gunner barrel shoots.  i've been debating replacing a rgp barrel with one of those
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
both of those are tits but i'm still partial to the bottom one

i'm interested in hearing how the faxon gunner barrel shoots.  i've been debating replacing a rgp barrel with one of those
View Quote
The Faxon barrel shoots great although it is weird to see the gas block less than an inch from the muzzle.  I paid $135.00 new off the EE and it included the Faxon set-screw lightweight gas block so I am very happy for the price.  I have to say that I really dig the simplicity of installing the URX4 rail.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themissinglink] [#42]
Delete
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Two nice rifles. I'm partial to the bottom one, BUT the PWS build is a nice lightweight, streamlined stick.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Man, that upper would be great paired to a KAC non-ambi or a Vero Beach lower.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 6:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themissinglink] [#46]

Man, that upper would be great paired to a KAC non-ambi or a Vero Beach lower.

Cheers
View Quote
Delete
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Winning!!  I look forward to seeing some pics of the completed carbine.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I put this upper together tonight using an 11.5" Faxon Gunner barrel w/ midlength gas system and Bootleg adjustable BCG.  As pictured with no mag or suppressor is under 6lbs.  It was dark outside so crappy garage pics is all I could take.  I hope to get to the range tomorrow if the rain holds off.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/PWS%20MK1%20Mod2/IMG_49011_zpsxqijqatb.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/PWS%20MK1%20Mod2/IMG_4903_zps6mr7ihwv.jpg

Cheers
View Quote
Not real keen on the machining of their uppers, but those lowers are tits.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:31:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#50]
Originally Posted By GlockFragOut:
@arogueninja what light is that? i like it a lot.

thanks
View All Quotes
S&S Precision IFM 6V

It's insanely low profile, so much so that it often doesn't work well with all rails (e.g., he probably won't be able to get even a M600V head to clear that KAC integrated front sight without extending the bezel past the end of the rail, where it will then block the NT4 latch). It works great with modular rails and 1913 rail sections, such as the URX4.

ETA: It looks like he modded that URXII. So, perhaps he's going to knock out that front sight, where he will have no problems. Regardless, that gun is .

Pic thread with IFM 3V (will complete with Aimpoint T2 on KAC mount ):

Page / 173
Knights gear thread (Page 139 of 173)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top