BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2021 3:12:00 PM EDT
These don't seem to be available anywhere, and there doesn't seem to really be anything else comparable.

I want to mount an aimpoint micro on a fixed carry handle without using a gooseneck. I guess I could just mount it with a pic rail mount, but this seems so much cleaner and streamlined.

Does anyone know where to get one of these, or something like it?

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Of interest to me too!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been on the "notify" list at Botach forever.  I don't think they're coming back.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like one of those. I've had no problem with KZ-branded products.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Are we all stumbling onto this find recently?

Just saw these as well, and I can't find them anywhere!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one, it’s actually a nice piece. Sad my photo hosting sight just shut down this last month or I would put up a picture.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a WTB for one of those up too. I looked far and wide and there is no real alternative.

It's such a simple piece I'm sure someone could make a few bucks fairly easy making them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
KZ and Battle Steel stuff is always good
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out ARMS #16A mount .... $120 not cheap but All their stuff overbuilt to last

H

Well I see not a fit for your optic.... sorry
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out ARMS #16A mount .... $120 not cheap but All their stuff overbuilt to last

H

Well I see not a fit for your optic.... sorry
View Quote

God I wish there was an arms alternative
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#12]
FOUND IT! (I hope) .

I've never dealt with or  heard of this company.  I ordered a couple, paid with Paypal, and it took my order.  FAQ section says that anything listed in stock should actually be available except during times of high volume orders.  

Shipping rate was kind of high.

Fingers crossed!  

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I was about to order one or two, but googled the site name and got almost no results - always a bad sign.

Registered On: 2021-04-02 by someone in Indiana.

https://www.thesiterank.com/stats/?domain=khtonedoor.com
https://www.whois.com/whois/khtonedoor.com

The reviews for many of the products are scraped from Amazon.
Also, they offer the Aimpoint Pro for $99 - another bad sign!
https://www.khtonedoor.com/aimpoint-pro-patrol-rifle-optic-p-789029.htm

At least your money is safe with Paypal - looking forward to hearing the results!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was about to order one or two, but googled the site name and got almost no results - always a bad sign.

Registered On: 2021-04-02 by someone in Indiana.

https://www.thesiterank.com/stats/?domain=khtonedoor.com
https://www.whois.com/whois/khtonedoor.com

The reviews for many of the products are scraped from Amazon.
Also, they offer the Aimpoint Pro for $99 - another bad sign!
https://www.khtonedoor.com/aimpoint-pro-patrol-rifle-optic-p-789029.htm

At least your money is safe with Paypal - looking forward to hearing the results!
View Quote

Aimpoint PRO for $99 with free shipping?

LOL run don't walk.  Run away!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#15]
The price of the mount is about half of what Botach charges, too.

I looked at the heading and it says "airsoft".  I thought maybe airsofters use the mount too, and pay less for it?

Maybe the "Aimpoint Pro" is a cheap airsoft knockoff?

Anyway, the earlier poster is correct:  The fact that you use PayPal and can dispute it if it doesn't ship is the only reason to take a chance. I have the order confirmation bookmarked in my emails so we'll see in a few days.

PayPal doesn't prohibit sales of airsoft items as far as I know, so there's no chance being taken as far as my account being locked for a "firearm-related" purchase.

And bottom line:  I can always dispute the charge through B of A for not getting my merchandise.

My first thought was that this company probably just buys them from Botach and will be told shortly that they are discontinued.  That's what I expected to happen when I created the order.

I guess I decided to be a gambler this time, but I've had my doubts from the word "go" as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I disabled the link.

I think it's a scam. He emailed tracking, and it immediately said "delivered." Well nothing was delivered.

I started the dispute process with Paypal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, guess what? I found one at a gun shop we visited this morning! It was in a display case with a bunch of odds and ends. This gun shop was bought out recently and the new owner wasn't sure what it was.
Attachment Attached File

I tried it out. It is TIGHT. I tried it without the optic and I'm glad I did. I had to tap it in place with a rubber mallet and push on the screw with a chamber flag to pry it off. When it's all the way in on a removable carry handle, the screw is too long to get the nut under it. You have to get it part way in, start the nut, then tap it the rest of the way in. I'm guessing you wouldn't have to do that with a fixed carry handle because the opening is bigger under the carry handle.

It is so tight, I recommend putting it on and taking it off a few times to loosen the fit before installing the optic. It definitely mars the finish inside the carry handle channel.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Sucks that they seem to have stopped making them, i have had good luck with mine, as with all things put lock tite on it which I guess makes not easy removable anymore but It will loosen up without some on the threads.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, guess what? I found one at a gun shop we visited this morning! It was in a display case with a bunch of odds and ends. This gun shop was bought out recently and the new owner wasn't sure what it was.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271112/0501211241_2_jpg-1926190.JPG

I tried it out. It is TIGHT. I tried it without the optic and I'm glad I did. I had to tap it in place with a rubber mallet and push on the screw with a chamber flag to pry it off. When it's all the way in on a removable carry handle, the screw is too long to get the nut under it. You have to get it part way in, start the nut, then tap it the rest of the way in. I'm guessing you wouldn't have to do that with a fixed carry handle because the opening is bigger under the carry handle.

It is so tight, I recommend putting it on and taking it off a few times to loosen the fit before installing the optic. It definitely mars the finish inside the carry handle channel.

View Quote

You got lucky finding that mount. I’ve always wanted one but since they are basically unobtainable I decided that I will likely settle for using a RMR or SRO because Trijicon makes a quality carry handle mount for those.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:06:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been messing with this one for hours and it's not getting any looser. The metal is so hard  a file doesn't even touch it. I'm beginning to think it's alien technology. I have my doubts it will ever fit without both tapping it in with a rubber mallet and prying it out with a chamber flag. I found a couple of TAPCO mounts (which I really like) on GunBroker, and I may end up using one of those instead.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#22]
@DocGlockster

If you want to sell it, let me know. THanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@DocGlockster

If you want to sell it, let me know. THanks
View Quote

Tell you what I'm gonna do.

I tried filing on it, so the finish on the lower half is distressed now, but the metal is so hard a medium file didn't do anything but take part of the finish off.

I think there must be some dimensional differences that make it fit a fixed carry handle just fine, but not a detachable handle.  I seem to remember one I had years ago fit right into a Colt 6520's handle, but I had to POUND it into a removable handle with a rubber mallet.

If  you still want it:

1.  Reply in this thread and I'll open up my messaging. I usually don't get on the computer on weekends so I give myself a break, but I'll look for new posts to this thread next week.

2.  You can HAVE IT, no charge, but make it easy on me .  I want you do do the following:  Once you have my PO box, send me a flat rate USPS box, and inside that, put the next smaller size USPS flat rate box with your address all filled out, and all postage already paid for.  Alternatively, send me an empty box to my PO box with another box inside that has your prepaid UPS label already on it.  In other words, you're sending me the equivalent of a self-addressed stamped envelope.  If you'd prefer, send the box with one of those padded envelopes and a prepaid label with your address already on it.

I'll get it out as soon as I get your prepaid return box/envelope and the post office or UPS doesn't try to charge me extra.  It doesn't weigh anything, so a USPS flat rate box or envelope probably avoids most problems. I'll pack it with paper or bubble wrap or something and send it to you in your own envelope or box.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Tell you what I'm gonna do.

I tried filing on it, so the finish on the lower half is distressed now, but the metal is so hard a medium file didn't do anything but take part of the finish off.

I think there must be some dimensional differences that make it fit a fixed carry handle just fine, but not a detachable handle.  I seem to remember one I had years ago fit right into a Colt 6520's handle, but I had to POUND it into a removable handle with a rubber mallet.

If  you still want it:

1.  Reply in this thread and I'll open up my messaging. I usually don't get on the computer on weekends so I give myself a break, but I'll look for new posts to this thread next week.

2.  You can HAVE IT, no charge, but make it easy on me .  I want you do do the following:  Once you have my PO box, send me a flat rate USPS box, and inside that, put the next smaller size USPS flat rate box with your address all filled out, and all postage already paid for.  Alternatively, send me an empty box to my PO box with another box inside that has your prepaid UPS label already on it.  In other words, you're sending me the equivalent of a self-addressed stamped envelope.  If you'd prefer, send the box with one of those padded envelopes and a prepaid label with your address already on it.

I'll get it out as soon as I get your prepaid return box/envelope and the post office or UPS doesn't try to charge me extra.  It doesn't weigh anything, so a USPS flat rate box or envelope probably avoids most problems. I'll pack it with paper or bubble wrap or something and send it to you in your own envelope or box.

View Quote

deal!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#25]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow. Awesome deal above.

I too am in need of one of these in a bad way. Perhaps there's another guardian angel out there with one for me? (LOL)

My Want to Buy Ad is HERE.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wow. Awesome deal above.

I too am in need of one of these in a bad way. Perhaps there's another guardian angel out there with one for me? (LOL)

View Quote

That other member changed his mind.
If you want it, reply to this thread and I'll open my messaging this week.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. Awesome deal above.

I'll take it. PM to follow!

Thanks brother!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ll take it if something falls through
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’ll take it if something falls through
View Quote

Not a chance French...LOL

@DocGlockster

I tried to send you a PM, but got a message that your account is not receiving site messages. Also tried to email you but this feature is marked as disabled on your account.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not a chance French...LOL

@DocGlockster

I tried to send you a PM, but got a message that your account is not receiving site messages. Also tried to email you but this feature is marked as disabled on your account. Please send me a PM with your email address or email me directly at my arfcom username@yahoo.com.

Thanks again.
View Quote

I'm on the road, today. I'll open my messaging from my PC tomorrow or thereabouts. I'm posting from my phone.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm on the road, today. I'll open my messaging from my PC tomorrow or thereabouts. I'm posting from my phone.
View Quote

Roger that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Roger that.
View Quote

IM sent.

I will be disabling messaging later today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

IM sent.

I will be disabling messaging later today or tomorrow.
View Quote

Thanks, brother. I just replied. Prepaid small flat-rate box is en route to you now and should arrive by Thursday.

Please post to my want to buy ad so I can leave you some positive EE feedback for being awesome.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/WTB-Kley-Zion-KZ-Carry-Handle-Mount-for-Aimpoint-T1/129-2141796/

You are an arfcom legend. Thank you again!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Got your tracking number in my phone and will be watching for it.

Just give me a good feedback score when you get it (not sure how that works--but if you can).
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They’re the house brand for a banned vendor, which is why you won’t find them available many places or see much mention of them here.
View Quote

@TREETOP

Could you elaborate on this a bit? More so for my curiosity, than anything else. Who is the banned vendor and what do you mean by house brand? I thought Kley-Zion was the manufacturer and that these were exclusively available through Botach.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, I would be very careful of those oddball websites.  I already got scammed by one and PayPal won't even back me up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#39]
It's weird that this airsoft version is only $4 less than the real version.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@TREETOP

Could you elaborate on this a bit? More so for my curiosity, than anything else. Who is the banned vendor and what do you mean by house brand? I thought Kley-Zion was the manufacturer and that these were exclusively available through Botach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They’re the house brand for a banned vendor, which is why you won’t find them available many places or see much mention of them here.

@TREETOP

I’m pretty sure Botach is the banned vendor.

I went ahead and ordered an MRO mount from their ebay account. The MRO is obviously not as slick as the Aimpoint T2 but it fit my budget better and the carry handle mount is apparently still available.

I’m going to see if I like it on my new C7 build.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@TREETOP

Yeah, but why? Do you know the history? I've actually gotten some decent stuff from them over the years.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, but why? Do you know the history? I've actually gotten some decent stuff from them over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@TREETOP

I ordered from them once before. It was a really pain in the ass dealing with their customer service and ended up canceling because the took my money for a back ordered item and they kept lying about when it would be in stock as the deadlines past.

Anyways, I’m sure they did some shady stuff to get banned. Idk what exactly it was though
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I ordered from them once before. It was a really pain in the ass dealing with their customer service and ended up canceling because the took my money for a back ordered item and they kept lying about when it would be in stock as the deadlines past.

Anyways, I’m sure they did some shady stuff to get banned. Idk what exactly it was though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@TREETOP

Damn, that sucks. Maybe I was just lucky.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I went ahead and ordered an MRO mount from their ebay account. The MRO is obviously not as slick as the Aimpoint T2 but it fit my budget better and the carry handle mount is apparently still available.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/3C73E4BE-DA28-4F41-8823-0D3BC1F5AF79_jpe-1954167.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/0F6CA01D-2DBD-4C9D-A815-BFE4CFA8F44B_jpe-1954168.JPG
View Quote

Good luck! I hope it gets to you without issue. That's a sick build you got there, French. Midlength, right? Post up some pics of it wearing the MRO once the mount comes in.

I'm goin to try the KZ mount out with a T1 on my midlength A2/A1 Hybrid...

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/3C73E4BE-DA28-4F41-8823-0D3BC1F5AF79_jpe-1954167.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/0F6CA01D-2DBD-4C9D-A815-BFE4CFA8F44B_jpe-1954168.JPG
View Quote

Dang it, you just got me to spend some money
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Good luck! I hope it gets to you without issue. That's a sick build you got there, French. Midlength, right? Post up some pics of it wearing the MRO once the mount comes in.

https://i.imgur.com/MNVQj9f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jKwaDI5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CyKugEW.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/MNVQj9f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jKwaDI5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CyKugEW.jpg

@mhbaker81
After you killed my dreams earlier, I just went ahead and bought a MRO & mount.

Yes its a 14.5 Mid. Thanks for the complement!

Yours is a bit cooler with a fixed stock and those handguards. Impecable taste my friend

I’ll post up some more pictures once I get the MRO mounted
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry @Jonny1904

Did you decide to build/buy something?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I will shoot out an email and see what I can do. Looks from the responses like 10 ppl want one
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sorry @Jonny1904

Did you decide to build/buy something?
View Quote

ya
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I will shoot out an email and see what I can do. Looks from the responses like 10 ppl want one
View Quote

I emailed Botach a few weeks ago and they gave a very non-committal answer.   Basically, they couldn't give me any information as to when they would have these back in stock.

IIRC it's been quite a while since they had any.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top