Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2018 10:57:30 AM EDT
Asked a few days ago in the Precision mounts section, with no answers.

Looked at the Kinetik offerings for QD mounts

Thought that it's a neat concept, but do they hold their zero?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes they do. I have one of my T2s mounted on one and have been pleased.

https://youtu.be/6kfWnTX3EhI
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one for an MRO and it had great RTZ. I only got rid of it for to weight and bulk, and went to a Scalarworks mount instead.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Nate designs solid stuff. Great mounts
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input,  good video above demonstrating the RTZ
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The one that is $200+ for a red dot mount is out of control when you can get rock solid qd mounts for ~$100.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one that is $200+ for a red dot mount is out of control when you can get rock solid qd mounts for ~$100.
View Quote
The locking and release mechanisms are quite nice actually. I would say if you’re buying a T2 or M5, $70-80 is somewhat immaterial to get the exact mount you want.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking at their 30mm  KDG.   All QR mounts are kind of heavy but this one is 9.4 oz.

What's the lightest QR that still holds zero?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm looking at their 30mm  KDG.   All QR mounts are kind of heavy but this one is 9.4 oz.

https://kineticdg.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/SID5-140-30MM-SMALL2.jpg

What's the lightest QR that still holds zero?
View Quote
I bought two this past winter.

I could twist them side to side pretty easy while looking through my grid on a Leupold zero point boresight that has been very reliable.

It wouldn't return to the same spot on the grid every time I let go of it.

I have done this with Larue/Bobro/Geiessle/Nightforce and MI and they all didn't move one iota when testing on that grid and they all RTZ when testing at the range also.

This made me wonder if the Sidelok would RTZ in the real world?

I sent them back to Brownells rather then taking a chance.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the KDG mounts and not just because they return to zero. They are very quick to remove and install in the event you want to use the same optic on different guns. Much quicker than any QD mounts. The self tightening feature also keeps you from damaging your rails due to over tightening.

Rudy
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like the KDG mounts and not just because they return to zero. They are very quick to remove and install in the event you want to use the same optic on different guns. Much quicker than any QD mounts. The self tightening feature also keeps you from damaging your rails due to over tightening.

Rudy
View Quote
What optic were you using when testing RTZ?

At how many yards/meters?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Really liked the MRO mount I had of theirs. RTZ was good and always felt very solid.

As others have said, it's a touch on the heavy side, but other than that, I liked them a lot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What optic were you using when testing RTZ?

At how many yards/meters?
View Quote
Although I have KDG mounts on various optics the only one I have moved to other rifles is the Vortex Sparc II on a KDG Sidelok mount. Its a red dot optic so We're not talking long distances here.
I do have another KDG 30mm mount that will be holding a Primary Arms 1-6x24 FFP scope that I plan to move around between a couple AR's.  Just haven't mounted that one yet.

Rudy
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Have one for a socom-height MRO

Good to go

Return to zero

Very easy to lock and unlock-o
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Do they have one that works with the Vortex Spark AR or SIG ROMEO 5XDR? Both have a AAA battery under the optic so the regular height mounts are too tall.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top