Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2018 9:30:56 PM EDT
I was curious if anyone was running a KDG Optic Mount with 30MM rings and a 56MM objective lens scope.

I have a Nightforce Benchrest 12-42x56 that I want to use in a KDG Mount to test reloads but I'm not sure if the objective will clear the rail.

According to the drawings I saw it should clear with a decent amount of room but I wanted to ask y'all first.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything you need is right there on the product page.

KDG Mount

That 1.49in (37.85mm) measurement is what you're going to want. From there, as is on the Nightforce product page, you have a 69mm outer diameter for your objective.

This means that you need a 34.5mm center height or so. Given the 37.85mm of clearance from the mount, you'd have 3.35mm or 0.13in of clearance - which should be just about perfect.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have just about the same measurements. The math is correct and in theory it will work. I was just curious if anyone has actually done it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top