Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2021 10:24:07 AM EDT
I have a CZ Bren 2 Ms carbine that works just fine. I imagine they're 2moa guns, I mean these are armory carbines, meant to be mass produced and issued to servicemen, well the commercial version of that anyway. It's light and handy and should suppress fine. The bolt catch/release inside the trigger guard is a huge bonus. The polymer lower is so well done I don't mind it's polymer. The trigger isn't great. The only thing I don't like about it is how proprietary it all is. There is little to no aftermarket.

I have a PWS Mk111 Mod 2-M that I just love. This pistol has the flashlight and suppressor on it and in all likelihood would be my end of the world choice, despite that the Bren would probably be a better all around choice due to the longer barrel.

I've thought about trading the Bren in for a PWS Mk116 Mod 2-M upper when I saw they were only selling for around a grand. Then I thought sharing two uppers between one lower was gay, so I thought about just trading the Bren for a PWS Mk116 Mod 2-M. Should be an even trade, I have a very fair FFL.

Nothing wrong with the Bren, just really have a hard-on for my PWS and would kind of like a second. Never had a malfunction in either platform. On paper the PWS should be capable of better accuracy. If I have two of these and for whatever reason you could no longer get parts for anything, I'd have two of the same bcg to keep one 223 in the fight in case of any parts failures.

Dumb thought, good idea, what say you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Well you have a PWS, but you know its a 1moa from the factory. Their way better guns IMO. Do it, but Im bias's i have a few PWS.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a CZ Bren 2 Ms carbine that works just fine. I imagine they're 2moa guns, I mean these are armory carbines, meant to be mass produced and issued to servicemen, well the commercial version of that anyway. It's light and handy and should suppress fine. The bolt catch/release inside the trigger guard is a huge bonus. The polymer lower is so well done I don't mind it's polymer. The trigger isn't great. The only thing I don't like about it is how proprietary it all is. There is little to no aftermarket.

I have a PWS Mk111 Mod 2-M that I just love. This pistol has the flashlight and suppressor on it and in all likelihood would be my end of the world choice, despite that the Bren would probably be a better all around choice due to the longer barrel.

I've thought about trading the Bren in for a PWS Mk116 Mod 2-M upper when I saw they were only selling for around a grand. Then I thought sharing two uppers between one lower was gay, so I thought about just trading the Bren for a PWS Mk116 Mod 2-M. Should be an even trade, I have a very fair FFL.

Nothing wrong with the Bren, just really have a hard-on for my PWS and would kind of like a second. Never had a malfunction in either platform. On paper the PWS should be capable of better accuracy. If I have two of these and for whatever reason you could no longer get parts for anything, I'd have two of the same bcg to keep one 223 in the fight in case of any parts failures.

Dumb thought, good idea, what say you?
View Quote

Two is one, one is none.

PWS would be my choice over the Bren
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here ^^^^^

PWS makes a fine rifle

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Another PWS vote. I had a Bren 2 briefly (7.62x39 version that wouldn't function). I've also owned many other "fighting rifles" over the past few years. At the end of the day, althoug hte different guns are all very cool, I always come back to AR's for the avalability of parts and ergonomics. PWS did it well because you get all the great things about an AR with a innovative piston system. I enjoy this for short barrels and suppressors. The gas system, barrel, rail, and carrier are proprietary. Fortunatley, they are quality. But being able to use a standard AR bolt if you needed/wanted to and being able to use standard AR lowers is a big sell. Add that to a long storke system that negates the problems of Op rods smashing into carrier keys, no reliance on op rod springs, and no reliance on gas rings, and there is little to go wrong. Now that the new production uppers are using 4150 rather than SS, they are even better IMO.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both as well. I really like the PWS over the Bren but they are different guns. If I were to get rid of one, it's be the Bren for sure.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Bren 2 is no 2 inch gun. Not even close. I had one and shot others.  Cool gun and feels light but accurate it is not. A good DI is way more accurate.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep the Bren
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree. Keep the Bren.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Bren 2 is so overrated.  I've had one. Buffer attachment is really loose. Accuracy sucks compared to a good DI gun. Trigger is light with very little wall.  I sold it because of the issues.  Mine wasn't a one off either. Most people have felt with the same issues.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
For what it's worth, I had a Bren 2 and sold it to buy a Mk111 mod2. Now I have 3.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a PWS and have toyed with selling other things to also buy a Bren Carbine
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
ultimately I decided to keep the Bren. There is a lot of interesting stuff about the platform that I'd miss having in my safe if it left. Plus it's that much easier to talk yourself into keeping something cool you already have.
I still may get a PWS Mk116 Mod 2-M, jury's still out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a bren2 swapped for PWS.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I won't lie I've sold all my rifles for PWS. Been using them for years now. Better MOA than Bren, one of the best suppressors hosts with its long stroke and gas bleed off. If you add an a5 buffer/tube and green sico spring it's even more magical.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top