Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2021 1:40:30 PM EDT
So I put a lmt carrier in my sr15 cqb with a nt4 on it. After around 800 rds I noticed this pretty crazy cam pin wear. The lmt carrier is better for directing gas away from my face but I’m not sure the wear is normal. Any input is appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoa. That's as mangled a cam pin as I've seen, and normally I dismiss cam pin wear as cosmetic/to be expected from a wear part.

The LMT carrier has an altered cam pin path, yeah? Maybe it just doesn't play nice with the KAC proprietary bolt design and bolt lock/unlock timing? I'm grasping at straws to be honest, but I've never seen gouging like that after 800 rounds on known high-quality kit.

Is that the factory LMT cam pin or did you swap the KAC one into the carrier?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Getting ready to change into someone more comfortable. Name changes coming.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless I'm seeing something wrong, that looks horrible.

I've got cam pins with 5k+ that look better.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]
LMT BC mil-spec or enhanced?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Lmt enhanced carrier with the kac cam pin. Reached out to lmt and no response for days.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]
No suggestions for you, but I have also noticed extreme cam pin wear since I started using an LMT EBCG. 14” midlength gas, H2 buffer, no supressor. After about 220 rounds of M855, I noticed a vertical gouge that would hang up my fingernail when I felt it. Ran a few more rounds and the wear got worse, so I swapped cam pin orientation 180deg and the same pattern developed on the other side. I wrote it off as “break in” (brand new, pieced together build), or a soft cam pin with bad heat treat.

Ordered several new cam pins. Havent had a chance to shoot again, to see if it continues.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]
My kac cam pin has around 9k rds suppressed 11.5 on it. Was doing fine till this carrier came into the picture.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top