Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2020 4:37:46 AM EDT
OK need a sanity check..

I am going to run an extended rail on a SBR..
I need to get out a couple of inches..

I already own a KX5 that I don't use..
The inside was really eroded from being on a 7.5in 5.56 AR15
I cut the cone down a bit to open up the hole.. a full 9mm casing drops freely through it now.. so the bullet should easily pass through it. if it dealt with that insane abuse of 5.56 out of a 7.5 I see no issue with it handling 9mm..

I believe that with the cone cut open.. it will have no problem sitting on the end of a 9mm SBR.. is there something I am not thinking of?

really poor quality picture taken in the dark.. but you get the idea..

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Re install cone, see if it goes through both holes and centered.
Check that threading matches and you should be good.

Not an expert, but I did see a red roof in once
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Paladin Machine opened up a KX3 and KX5 for use on a couple of .458 SOCOMs.  No problems at all so if you did it right the 9mm won’t be an issue.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
You are kinda overthinking it. If the whole cartridge drops through it should be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top