Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2021 7:46:51 PM EDT
This arrived recently and I've just built it up into a full lower. All the lower parts kit is H&R from a crushed lower I sent in for Chris to match the colors just right. Please excuse the A2 furniture and Capco A2 upper on it in some pics, this will be an A1-to-A2 USAF conversion clone. The grip is a late 80's shiny/fat Colt A2 grip, and the stock is an arsenal refurbished A2 kit. When I find an H&R upper, I'll turn this into a proper H&R A1 clone.

In the pics I've got the lower fitted with both a Capco A2 upper, dark slightly purplish anodizing, and an original GM A1 upper which has a dark greenish yellow anodizing. Here you can compare the colors and see what it looks like. Please also note that the lower is dry and will darken with oil/CLP.

Just the lower:

With Capco A2 upper:

With GM A1 upper:

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That thing is gorgeous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Nicely Done! My 100% H&R is at my FFL waiting until I make the trip to pick it up. He is doing some gunsmithing work for me and I am waiting to pick it all up at once. I already posted a thread on my GM build but my H&R will take more time to find the right parts.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice looking.  Chris's lowers are the best!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#5]
His lowers are quite something. The variation in the depth of the letters of the rollmark really sells it. These things are basically one (very illegal) pinhole away from being indistinguishable from the real things. Now to find an H&R upper and give my firstborn up for it..
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top