Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2022 7:30:14 PM EDT
I've been looking for one of these for a while and can't find them anywhere. I've checked the MidwayUSA, Brownells and John Masen's websites daily for months with no luck. Does anyone know if John Masen still making these? Or where's the best place to find one?

Wooo first post. I hope I'm posting this in the right section. Apologies if it's misplaced.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe something like this?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been looking for one of these for a while and can't find them anywhere. I've checked the MidwayUSA, Brownells and John Masen's websites daily for months with no luck. Does anyone know if John Masen still making these? Or where's the best place to find one?

Wooo first post. I hope I'm posting this in the right section. Apologies if it's misplaced.
View Quote
The company that makes them for John Masen is behind. I emailed customer service at John Masen about a month ago this was their response.

"We actually have those made for us and the company that makes them is way behind.I have no idea when they will be back in stock.
As soon as I get them they will be available on line.
We sell them to a lot of companies, that's why so many people are out of them at this time.

Sorry!!"

I put a WTB and someone had one a few weeks ago. Used is the only way to get one at the moment.

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The company that makes them for John Masen is behind. I emailed customer service at John Masen about a month ago this was their response.

"We actually have those made for us and the company that makes them is way behind.I have no idea when they will be back in stock.
As soon as I get them they will be available on line.
We sell them to a lot of companies, that's why so many people are out of them at this time.

Sorry!!"

I put a WTB and someone had one a few weeks ago. Used is the only way to get one at the moment.

View Quote

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I THINK that the butt pads for CAR type stocks are discontinued... It would be great if someone was making them though, always thought they looked REALLY cool.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right on for the suggestion. That's a good fallback option if I can't find a John Masen. Not giving up yet on the JM, tho.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That fits the Colt Type II "Waffle" stock on the M4.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

As mentioned above, that one fits the M4 style stocks. Promag used to sell one that fit carbine stocks but they appear to have been discontinued.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003266124
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I can confirm the Sherluk ones fit fine on N1 and repop CAR stock
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I lucked into one at a LGS, it was UTG branded iirc, had to be heated up to slip on, but works fine :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like the ribbed one from mod1 sales, fits good looks good, I don't care for the flaming bomb ones.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 2:13:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really like the ribbed one from mod1 sales, fits good looks good, I don't care for the flaming bomb ones.
View Quote

Thats Where I Got Mine From. Quick Ship Too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#14]
They're finally back in stock!

https://www.johnmasen.com/product-p/bw1538.htm
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top