Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2020 2:25:08 PM EDT
Has anyone used the JSE Surplus 20" 5.56 1x9 Moly Lightweight Barrel? Or the 1x7 version? Is Del-Ton the manufacturer? They just say "Manufacturer: Multiple Mfg"

For $165 plus $7 for a 3-prong flash hider it's more than tempting to use this along with my Centerfire Systems M16A1 parts kit to build an XM16E1 upper ready to go splashing around in the jungle without rubbers just like before 1967! (No chrome chamber or bore).

They do sell a nitride treated one but it's out of stock. There's only one of the 1x9s in stock so heck yeah I'm going to give it a go!

Profile – Lightweight
Chamber – 5.56 Nato
Barrel Thread – ½ x 28
Barrel Twist - 1x9
Barrel Steel - 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium
Barrel Finish - Manganese Phosphated
Barrel Lining –
Fluted - No
Gas System – Rifle Length Gas System
Gas Block Platform - .625 Gas Block platform
Sight Tower Type – NON F Marked is default tower (F Marked Available as well, request that change in the drop down menu before adding item to your cart) Triangle HG (WILL ACCEPT A ROUND HANDGUARD) Cap is Default
Feed Ramp - M4 Feed Ramps
Weight –2.4 lbs
NOTE: Includes sight tower, sight parts, swivel, barrel nut and handguard cap.

https://www.jsesurplus.com/205.56Lightweight.6251x9MolyBarrelw/Tower.aspx
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Most are made by Wilson, not Wilson Combat, and are good to go.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Most are made by Wilson, not Wilson Combat, and are good to go.
View Quote

Thanks, that would be good news. I'm familiar with them as my 2009 ArmaLite M15 midlength came with a Wilson Arms barrel. I understand besides ArmaLite/Eagle Arms, American Spirit Arms, DPMS and Rock River Arms use Wilson Arms barrels.

I found Wilson Arms barrel store and they do say their barrels are available through JSE Surplus.

http://wilsonarms.com/barrel-store/
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I noticed JSE Surplus now has some stripped 20" 5.56 Lightweight Barrels in stock for $135.00

20" 5.56 Lightweight Barrel 1x7 Nitride .625"   (9 available)  and 20" 5.56 Lightweight Barrel 1x9 Nitride .625"   (4 available)

Profile – Lightweight
Chamber – 5.56 Nato
Barrel Thread – ½ x 28
Barrel Twist - 1x7  (9 available)       - 1x9  (4 available)
Lands and Grooves -
Barrel Steel - 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Nitride Processed
Barrel Finish -Black Nitride
Barrel Lining –
Fluted - No
Gas System – Rifle Length Gas System
Gas Block Platform - .625 Gas Block platform
Sight Tower Type - NA
Feed Ramp - M4 Feed Ramps
Weight –  1.8 lbs
NOTE: This barrel is not drilled for front sight tower and  DOES NOT include sight tower, barrel nut or hand guard cap. Jet black color due to Nitriding , not dark gray phosphate
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I used their Nitrided 1x9 pencil profile barrel in my "602ish" build.  Decent enough barrel haven't shot it for absolute groups but hitting a 66% sized IPSC steel target at 200 yards every time is a breeze with 55 and 62gr steel cased ammo.  Not long range by any means but around where I live shooting more than 100 yards requires a man made cleared area ha.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a JSE stainless govt profile 1/7. Looks great and I shot some 2 1/2” 10 shot 100 yard groups with M193, which I about the best you can hope for out of M193. Very happy with the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
where were you seeing barrels that are in stock?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
where were you seeing barrels that are in stock?
View Quote

A few stainless are available.  Not so with nitrite barrel assemblies. Those have been sold out for weeks.  I keep waiting and waiting and waiting, and nothing happens.  I regret not getting an extra 1/7 20" when they were available.  Those are good deals and do the job.  Must be a high demand for them.  The last time they restocked, they went fast.  Seems like the word has gotten out about there barrels.  Brownells have also been sold out for a while.  There's are about 100 bucks more, but are chrome lined with slip ring assembly included.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top