Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2018 7:49:13 AM EDT
Hi  
Im lookig to build a 14.5 carbine setup nothing to fancy  and was looking at buffers when I ran across the jpscs setups, any one care to comment on thier experiance between the two? Im also looking for a referance guid or material on how to choose buffers and springs according to the rifle there being used in ? And good sites I can read up on ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#1]
One is quiet, one is not. I have the jpscs in a lr308 and love it. There is an alternative system also. I believe it's called armaspec, for cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Small Arms Solutions on YouTube. The guy that runs the channel is Chris Bartocci who wrote Black Rifle 2. He had a series of videos on buffers and set up. It really depends on gas system used, gas port size, v and length of the barrel. It also takes some user testing to dial in IME. I usually use standard springs, but have been looking into the Tubbs flatwire springs to experience with.

I would say you generally want to use the heaviest buffer you can that allows reliable bolt lock back on last round
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
ill look into the you tube videos for the buffer setups, and theres another topic barrel lenght and gas hole sizes and is there a relation ship between that and buffers springs and bolt carriers????  And good literature on these topics ??
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top