Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2021 11:57:17 AM EDT
I need a mount for my DA Sandman S for a PWS MK111 pistol (11.85” barrel) I’m going with JMAC but I need some help deciding exactly which version. So...

Which is better suited to shorter barrels 2 vent or 4 vent? And why?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
@Cristo11

I cant answer the question, but if you dont mind me asking one...

I have DA suppressors....what is the advantage of the JMAC over the DA mounts?   I looked at their website, look to be well made.   I use DA FH on all of my rifles for the DA Sandman S and K suppressors

Thanks,

Bronc

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Cristo11

I cant answer the question, but if you dont mind me asking one...

I have DA suppressors....what is the advantage of the JMAC over the DA mounts?   I looked at their website, look to be well made.   I use DA FH on all of my rifles for the DA Sandman S and K suppressors

Thanks,

Bronc

View Quote

Bronc,

The JMAC mounts are a more effective brake than the DA mount in the 4 vent version & shorter & lighter than the DA in the 2 vent configuration.

They also make brakes/mounts that are threaded to be compatible with AK’s that DA doesn’t offer.

Basically they just bring a little more utility & function in a KeyMo Mount than DA offers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
they are nitrided 17-4 stainless, much better material and finish choice and they appear to nicer machined, vs black oxide 4140, but the 4 vent will act better as a sacraficial baffle when used in conjunction with cans.  weight should not even kinda be a consideration...
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top