Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 11:13:06 PM EDT
A friend a few states away from me is having trouble with building her lower.  By all pics the bolt catch looks like it is too wide and not centered to contact the follower.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I think she might have gotten an AR-10 based .308 LPK by mistake. The bolt catch, for one, is beefier and wider to fit centered in the larger platform's magwell. About 90% of the AR-15 and AR-10 LPK parts will interchange, but not all of them - at least not without modifications.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think she might have gotten an AR-10 based .308 LPK by mistake. The bolt catch, for one, is beefier and wider to fit centered in the larger platform's magwell. About 90% of the AR-15 and AR-10 LPK parts will interchange, but not all of them - at least not without modifications.
View Quote

Thats what it looks like.   What a pain in the ass.   I'm helping a first time builder in Florida while I'm in VA, thinking she has done something crazy and troubleshooting and pics and videos and many many questions and finally figuring out its a wrong part.

Finally figured it out when I told her to slap a mag in there and it showed how out of alignment things were.

Still thought I was crazy and came here to confirm sizes of the catch.

A basic one in one of mine looks to be 1 inch, +1/16 maybe.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A friend a few states away from me is having trouble with building her lower.  By all pics the bolt catch looks like it is too wide and not centered to contact the follower.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71433/Screenshot_20210303-220133_Google_jpg-1850516.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71433/received_260588555512610_jpeg-1850520.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71433/received_264290688478186_jpeg-1850528.JPG
View Quote

That's not an AR-15/M16 bolt stop.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please PM me here information and I will get her taken care of.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what it looks like.   What a pain in the ass.   I'm helping a first time builder in Florida while I'm in VA, thinking she has done something crazy and troubleshooting and pics and videos and many many questions and finally figuring out its a wrong part.

Finally figured it out when I told her to slap a mag in there and it showed how out of alignment things were.

Still thought I was crazy and came here to confirm sizes of the catch.

A basic one in one of mine looks to be 1 inch, +1/16 maybe.

Please PM me here information and I will get her taken care of.

Thank you,

Josiah

@CousinIT50 ^^

And I'll be a standby JIC. I'm going to be taking off my POF bolt catch and replacing it with an FCD ABC, plus I am awaiting a box of gifted take offs, and there's a Colt (Schmid maybe) OEM catch in there as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm, it looks like a 10B catch cut with a 10A angle on the thumb side. Odd.

https://762ar.com/technical-information/visual-differences-m15-ar-10b-and-ar-10a-components-ar-10a-versus-the-ar-10b/
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top