Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2018 10:16:41 PM EDT
Want to make sure this is the real deal, how much would be going price. thanks

Looks great but almost too great like brand new. Also not sure whats on the tube/nut area. Looks like paint overrun. He's supposed to call me in a bit to answer questions but hasnt yet

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It's 100% Colt. That black paint is how they touched up the staking markings.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet find!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the going rate?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Nice find.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
there is a code underneth the lever
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont have it yet but getting ready to pull the trigger. Just making sure its colt. thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a similar package (same parts, also as-new) four years ago for $400. Parts were taken from an unfired SP1 carbine.  I looked around at pricing here and on Gunbroker and felt it was a good deal, given the condition.  I imagine they haven't gotten any cheaper since then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I used black paint to cover the stake marks on my original XM177 stock after I put it on the lower.

Got to have that authenticity.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked a mint stock up at a gun show for $20. Some old lady was selling her deceased husbands stuff off. I told her what the market value on it was and she still let me have it for $20 because I was up front and honest with her.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Is that how the buttplate looks on the aluminum Colt stock, with the cross hatch lines raised and diamond shaped areas between the lines recessed?  Most of the CAR stock repros I’ve seen have it the other way around with the lines recessed and the diamonds raised.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is that how the buttplate looks on the aluminum Colt stock, with the cross hatch lines raised and diamond shaped areas between the lines recessed?  Most of the CAR stock repros I’ve seen have it the other way around with the lines recessed and the diamonds raised.
View Quote

The only stocks I've seen like this were made of plastic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The only stocks I've seen like this were made of plastic.
View Quote
the cheaper sendra aluminum stocks were like this where the crosshatch pattern look cut into it.  they are also very thick/wide on the stock body underneath the latch.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top