Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 12:31:52 PM EDT

Short story, I've ordered a Triarc suppressed only barrel/upper combo (gas port 0.046").

So it'll be running pretty much minimal gas, an adjustable BCG likely will not function in any setting other than completely unsuppressed.

I've really been looking hard at BCG's and what will mitigate what little gas is left. From that I've really only found that the Lantac EBCG with it's forward facing exhaust porting will aid with any gas issues. Other really than cost, is there any reason not to run one?

I still haven't 100% decided on which coating (NiB or Nitride) but I'm leaning toward the NiB as I'm scared of the heat treating process used for nitride making the metal more brittle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
What length is the barrel? That is a tiny, tiny gp (depending on bbl length).

Just a suggestion: test it out with whatever carrier you currently have before changing anything. With an H3 buffer, .070 10.3" bbl, and rtv gasket charging handle my SBR isn't bad at all in terms of gas to face. Strings of fire up to 7 rounds with .12 splits don't gas me out at all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
11.5”

It’s intended for suppressed only use with absolute minimal gas. This is a new setup, no BCG laying around. What I have on hand is a standard carbine spring and an H2 buffer.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
11.5"

It's intended for suppressed only use with absolute minimal gas. This is a new setup, no BCG laying around. What I have on hand is a standard carbine spring and an H2 buffer.
View Quote
Gotcha. Well, the Lantac carrier is fine and the angled exhaust port probably helps on the margins. That said I'd still just start off with a normal carrier group and see how it functions. That's an extremely small gas port on the bbl and gas coming back into the receiver is going to be minimal. The silicone gasket seal on the charge handle makes a huge difference in terms of gas to the face. If you arent satisfied you can sell the mil spec carrier without any hassle and go from there. Minimal downside and a strong potential to save some cash.

H2 buffer will probably be fine given the tiny gas port. My 14.5 uses an H2 suppressed without issue. Both suppressed uppers are using DD carriers, which I think (?) are made by Microbest.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
i'd try and find a Surefire OBC instead
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i'd try and find a Surefire OBC instead
View Quote

I looked into those, have there been any reports of them breaking bolt catches due to the extended rearward travel? What other advantage for suppressed use/gas mitigation would it offer over the lantac?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Lmt enhanced > anything else but you will have to be pretty dam determined to find one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I looked into those, have there been any reports of them breaking bolt catches due to the extended rearward travel? What other advantage for suppressed use/gas mitigation would it offer over the lantac?
View Quote

Delayed opening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top