Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2021 12:55:07 AM EDT
Long Story short I was thinking of making a Armalite AR-10 pistol build out of an older Armalite AR-10B lower I have. Is there a pistol buffer tube out there that’s long enough?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Long Story short I was thinking of making a Armalite AR-10 pistol build out of an older Armalite AR-10B lower I have. Is there a pistol buffer tube out there that’s long enough?
View Quote

One that accommodates a brace, or just a round pistol tube?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I need a round tube.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Any one that works on an AR15 will do the job. You just have to use the correct length buffer and spring for the application. Anything that works on a DPMS style AR10 carbine will work. The bcg moves the same distance on either brand.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s not entirely true, my armalite buffer is longer than an ar15 buffer, and the Armalite ar10 carbine buffer tube is longer than an ar15 carbine buffer.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will this be chambered in .22LR  ....9mm .... .40S&W..... .45ACP ???

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s not entirely true, my armalite buffer is longer than an ar15 buffer, and the Armalite ar10 carbine buffer tube is longer than an ar15 carbine buffer.
View Quote

Read what I said again. You can use any AR15 carbine/pistol buffer tube, with the corresponding use of the correct buffer and buffer spring. I am well aware of the difference in length of the Armalite tube and buffer. Internally, the Armalite carbine tube is 3/4" deeper than the tube from an AR15. The buffer tube from a DPMS carbine is the exact same depth as an AR15 carbine. That's why Armalite uses a 3.25" buffer, the same size as an AR15 carbine buffer, and DPMS uses a 2.5" buffer. Armalite made the tube longer so they wouldn't have to manufacture a special length buffer to enable the use of an AR15 length tube. Use the 2.5" DPMS length buffer and you can use any standard length AR15 pistol buffer tube. You'll also need to use a .308 DPMS carbine type buffer spring, available from several sources.

I doubt you will find a pistol buffer tube with the same internal depth as the Armalite carbine tube. I can think of no reason to manufacture such an item.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top