Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2022 8:12:51 AM EDT
Was there a correct mounting for a sling on the DOE 9mm?

I can't find any vintage photos of them being carried or slung. ETA (not many as who is taking photos at classified DOE facilities?)

I'd think a single point mounting would have been ideal, bot sure if at that time it was a consideration or just left up to the end user to "figure" something out on their own.

On a retro clone there are plenty of aftermarket ways to do this (e.g. rear receiver cover plate with loop) - not sure if anything is close to factory or original intention.

Another idea is use a two point with the carry point on the rear stock as normal and a hook onto the front sight block, enough real estate on it to make it work.

I'd appreciate any retro photos that show one being slung if that exists.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
They climbed ladders in the power plant.
A single point swinging around, wouldn’t have been it their best interest

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#2]
from a friend who worked at Rocky Flats and has posted SRT pics he took using MP5's; two point slings.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top